My fishy week!

How was ur week opal lily?...
what was the loss? hav i missed it or havent u posted yet?

How was ur week opal lily?... what was the loss? hav i missed it or havent u posted yet?

I lost 1lb which is a really good loss for me (I'm a REALLY slow loser, had a boozy weekend and had two cupcakes and crisps during the week over syns!)

I def was looking at a gain if it wasn't for the fishy week!

Planning on doing another at the end of March/start of April but doing it for the entire 7 day week next time instead of just 4 days :) x

I lost 1lb which is a really good loss for me (I'm a REALLY slow loser, had a boozy weekend and had two cupcakes and crisps during the week over syns!)

I def was looking at a gain if it wasn't for the fishy week!

Planning on doing another at the end of March/start of April but doing it for the entire 7 day week next time instead of just 4 days :) x

well done!
im going to start mine tuesday and do 5 days as im at my parents for the weekend and it is NOT sw friendly lol so hopin if theres a gain in the morning a fishy week could help to lose anything gained and more :)

That is what I dfo as I too have a husband who will oly eat fish from the fish and chips shop. I cook 2 separate meals in the evening and you soon get used to it.

Ha ha - yes, my husband will only eat fish it it is covered in batter and deep fried. In fact we once went to a really good, award winning fish and chip shop near my mum's and he complained that it was 'too fishy'!!! What can you do...?

well done!
im going to start mine tuesday and do 5 days as im at my parents for the weekend and it is NOT sw friendly lol so hopin if theres a gain in the morning a fishy week could help to lose anything gained and more :)

Hi miss.mooey! I'm going to be starting a fishy week on Tuesday too!! I have roast lamb left over to use up on Monday, then I weigh in Tuesday morning and full steam ahead with the fish week!!

Although actually for me it will be a fish and chicken week. I had a really good think about whether I could realistically do ALL fish, with my husband not liking fish, and me not wanting to cook separate meals all the time and this is the compromise I came up with. Chicken is a speed food too, so it should still work. I'll have fish at lunchtimes and most evenings, but will have chicken maybe three times, so I can still have some family meals included.

I'll be interested to see the results. I have tonnes of fish in the freezer that really needs to be eaten, so this will be a good way of using that up too.

Anyway, let's compare notes on here and help each other along!!

Hi, well done to those who have lost doing a fishy week. Sounds like you've been really enjoying it!

I'm going to do a fishy five days this week until weigh in Saturday, when I've done it in the past I've lost about 5lb! But this time I think it'll be damage limitation from my birthday weekend.

So I'm going to stick to 2 fish meals a day - lunch and dinner, and not have any meat at all. I don't eat much fish normally, usually 1 or 2 meals a week, usually salads at lunchtime. So hopefully it'll have a good impact!

So lunches will be: smoked mackerel pate, ryvitas and salad, salmon and crab stick salad, tuna salad

Dinners will be: Thai prawn curry, fishcakes, seafood spaghetti, sea bass with crushed potatoes, tuna jacket potato

Wish me luck :)

Hi miss.mooey! I'm going to be starting a fishy week on Tuesday too!! I have roast lamb left over to use up on Monday, then I weigh in Tuesday morning and full steam ahead with the fish week!!

Although actually for me it will be a fish and chicken week. I had a really good think about whether I could realistically do ALL fish, with my husband not liking fish, and me not wanting to cook separate meals all the time and this is the compromise I came up with. Chicken is a speed food too, so it should still work. I'll have fish at lunchtimes and most evenings, but will have chicken maybe three times, so I can still have some family meals included.

I'll be interested to see the results. I have tonnes of fish in the freezer that really needs to be eaten, so this will be a good way of using that up too.

Anyway, let's compare notes on here and help each other along!!

Definatley :)

I cook different meals for OH and LO most days anyways but im plannin on havin lunches and teas as fish cause i usually hav fruit and yoghurt most days.

im very fussy wen it comes to fish so hav stuck to mackerel and pollock and tuna but might get some cod or haddock too... we'll see how the week starts and if i get bored with those 3

some of the meal ideas on this thread sound really nice.

Cool! I'm going to have a read through the whole thread and plan out some ideas tonight. I love almost all fish, so no problem there. I've got prawns, scallops, squid, smoked haddock, salmon, monkfish, tuna and octopus in the freezer!!

Had my first fishy day today:
B: FF yoghurt and banana
L: Smoked mackerel pate (1.5syns), salad and ryvitas (HEXB)
D: Prawn, mangetout and spinach curry with rice (3.5syns)

Lunch was lovely but I messed up curry #1 and ended up having to make a second batch using curry paste!

Roll on day 2!

I'm starting tomorrow - fish and chicken allowed for me, so as to fit in better with the family. Going to have smoked haddock kedgeree for lunch and roast chicken for tea. Going to use the leftover chicken to make paella for tea on Wednesday, but give the boys most of the chicken, and add prawns and squid to mine instead once I have served there portions. Not sure after that!

Tonights tea:

Ultimate fish cakes | BBC Good Food

Replacing mayo with FF fromage frais and maybe some EL Mayo, Flour/breadcrumbs with smash, and frylight to fry. Milk from HEXA. Will just need to work out syns for the horseradish and mustard. Yum!

I have now lost 6lbs in two weeks. I have only eaten meat twice in that time.

008_zps23ce96c1.jpg

Last nights salmon dish. The salmon was rolled in Chinese 5 spice and black pepper and left all day in the fridge. It was really good and will be a regular from now on.

Todays food is in my diary . Tonight's dinner will be my own home spun version of fish cakes which is easy and tasty. I use tinned tuna in brine, mixed with mashed cauliflower and 2 boiled new potatoes and an egg. I add whatever herbs and spices I fancy. Tonight it will be dill, lemon grass and parsley with salt and black pepper. I shape them and bake them in the oven this way they are free of syns. They will be served with my daily roasted red pepper, bns chips, green beans and a bit more cauliflower. Lunch in a mushroom omelette.

have a good day.

First day of fish (and chicken) week done - smoked haddock kedgeree for lunch and roast chicken for tea.

Tomorrow will be salmon fillet with a light cauliflower cheese for lunch, and paella for tea, with left over chicken for the boys, and seafood for me.

Haven't planned the rest of the week yet, but on Thursday I'll probably have Spanish seafood stew for lunch, and for tea do potato wedges and with roast veg, with a tuna steak for me and sausages for the boys.

I do wish my husband liked fish, it would make life so much easier!!!

First day of fish (and chicken) week done - smoked haddock kedgeree for lunch and roast chicken for tea.

Tomorrow will be salmon fillet with a light cauliflower cheese for lunch, and paella for tea, with left over chicken for the boys, and seafood for me.

Haven't planned the rest of the week yet, but on Thursday I'll probably have Spanish seafood stew for lunch, and for tea do potato wedges and with roast veg, with a tuna steak for me and sausages for the boys.

I do wish my husband liked fish, it would make life so much easier!!!

Well done on ur first day!

Ive been runnin rings round my 2 yr old so managed to miss lunch :( managed to grab a muller light and benefit bar to keep me goin. But i had mini roasties, roasted veg and smoked haddock with garlic butter marinate on it - for someone who doesnt eat fish it wasnt that bad.

think 2moz will be tuna mayo salad for lunch with peppered mackrel and apple salad for tea :) yummy!

May try this kedergee this week as a lunch as alot hav mentioned it - so hopin its nice lol

Hi there!!

I'm still doing my fish week - have just forgotten to post for a few days!!

Wednesday - salmon, with cauliflower cheese for lunch, Paella for tea

Thursday - smoked salmon pasta for lunch, fish pie at the pub for tea - pretty sure the fish pie blew out all my 15 syns as it was very creamy, but it was my one treat of the week.

Friday - Squid, prawns and scallops with chorizo, red peppers and onions (yum!!!) for lunch and tuna steak with potato wedges, peas, carrots and a big pile of creamy mushrooms and onions for tea

Saturday - missed lunch and had an early tea of tuna steak, SW chips and mushrooms, onions and red peppers.

Got roast chicken again for today, as can't do a fishy Sunday Lunch. Will probably use the leftovers to do a chicken pasta bake on Monday.

WI in Tuesday morning - SP shows 2lbs off this morning, but will wait and see what the official scales say.

I finished my 5 days yesterday as WI was this morning... only 0.6lb off. Although the reason i did fish week was to counter act a VERY naughty long weekend at my mums and in laws last week so it looks like its done the job :)

was hopin for more as i had a sneaky peek yesterday mornin and it said 1.6lb off but im just happy i didnt gain 4lb like i really should hav lol will be trying another fish week maybe in couple months and see if i can get a better result

i made a lovely fish pie friday, it was delicious! OH has asked for it to be again so thats always a plus.

I finished my 5 days yesterday as WI was this morning... only 0.6lb off. Although the reason i did fish week was to counter act a VERY naughty long weekend at my mums and in laws last week so it looks like its done the job :)

was hopin for more as i had a sneaky peek yesterday mornin and it said 1.6lb off but im just happy i didnt gain 4lb like i really should hav lol will be trying another fish week maybe in couple months and see if i can get a better result

i made a lovely fish pie friday, it was delicious! OH has asked for it to be again so thats always a plus.

Well done, that is great that you had a loss despite an indulgent weekend!!

I stuck to it 100% for the full week and can report a 2lb loss at WI today. I know 2lbs is great, so I'm not complaining, but I was kinda hoping for more - 3lbs would have got me to 1 stone lost, and I have been SOOOOO good this week! Still, 5lbs in 2 weeks since starting my lent challenge of sticking to it 100% is not too shabby, so I'm a happy bunny.

Fab! Well done. I know wat u mean tho about hopin for more.

Ive started normal plan tho and i seem to be havin a good loss so far - not that i peeked :rolleyes: lol

Back