Total Solution My journey on Exante for Brown-eyed Girl

Brown-eyed girl

Hi Everyone!
I started Exante TS on Tues, 3 May so this is my 6th day. I've lost 11 lbs so far and all I can say is THANK YOU EXANTE! ;)
This site is so helpful and I so appreciate the FAQs and information that everyone has shared on hints and tips to help make our journeys successful. A colleague of mine also started Exante last week and we are both now on Minimins too. It makes the journey so much easier to have friends supporting you and a good support network, so I'm very grateful to have found this site and the Exante specific section.
Many thanks everyone! :D
Jana

Thanks Delicious-Jax - hope things are going well for you too!
:)

Good bye Stone no 1 - so long, farewell!

I'm delighted that today I've reached my first stone goal - had planned to do this by 17 May - but I've achieved it by 13 May - and I'm absolutely over the moon!

Yesterday I wore a new pair of trousers that I had bought a month ago - when I started Exante on 10 May they were so tight that I couldn't get the zip and top button done up. The feeling I had when I put them on and not only could I do up the button and zip, but I had room to spare in the waist band and the thigh area! That hasn't happened to me in years! :D

Also, yesterday I had to do up my bra on the next set of hook/eyes at the back. :D:D

I love this plan!

Watch out skinny self - I'm coming to get ya!!

Now I understand what personal sabotage can do...

Well week 2 has taught me a few lessons. I've lost only 3lbs this week and I'm gutted. :sigh:

At my size I should have at least doubled that if I had been 100% all week. I only have myself to blame as I experienced a night of personal sabotage and then spent 24 hours feeling so ill and gutted that I can only hope that I've learned my lesson and that will help me avoid this happening again. :sigh:

What I find most amazing on this diet is that if you do slip up and eat carbohydrates and kick out of ketosis, the headaches and pains in your body can feel worse than any hangover experience you have ever encountered. No amount of water, caffeine or headache tablets were able to shift mine and I found this very odd. However, it has taught me a valuable lesson and I hope it helps anyone else who reads this.

Anyway, I've got my head in the right place again and will press on towards my goal. :)

Hope you all have a good weekend and much success in your journey.
;)

it is still a 3lb loss so well done and you only slipped up the one day which is also great. Definitely onwards and downwards with those scales. Have a good weekend.

I almost forgot to say this too. On Exante another thing that I love is that I'm feeling so great in myself. I'm starting to wonder if I may have some food allergies and therefore if I'm not 100% and eat carbs it makes me feel so awful due to an allergic reaction? If anyone else who reads this has experienced the same please will you let me know?
x

Well as you said to me on my 2lbs loss week, it still gets you closer to your goal!

And you're right, you looked ILL yesterday, having eaten all that frankly poisonous stuff. (I'm the colleague that B-E Girl refers to above :) ). No wonder you think you're allergic!

Have a great weekend, and look after yourself! You deserve it.

xxxx

Well a better week this has been. Lost 6lbs so very pleased. :D
Has been difficult week workwise but I survived and stayed on my plan so I'm very happy.
Tomorrow starts a weeks holiday for me and husband so am doing an AAM week.
Will be interesting to see how this affects the scales next Friday!
Have a good weekend and best wishes to everyone out there. :)

Bad idea to let my guard down on holiday

Well let's just say that I gained 5.5 lbs since last Friday. :cry:

My husband and I were away visiting his family in Scotland... I let my guard down and decided to eat whatever I wanted on the last 4 days of our trip... which was such a very bad idea.

That's twice now that I've lost and regained the last 4-6 pounds. :mad: I'm so very angry with myself on that note.

I should have been 2 stone lighter by 1 June - instead I only lost 1 stone, 4lbs.

I'm glad that I'm doing Exante. It's helping me to see that I still have a lot to learn about self discipline and avoiding personal sabotage.

I'm planning to have a great weekend and I'm going to enjoy being 100% and I look forward to seeing how great the scales look next Friday! :D

Fayfe - thank you for the encouragement. I hope you keep going too! xx

Better start to this week (which began Thursday 2nd June)

Well after last week's disappointment (having gained 7 lbs during the previous week when I was on holiday), I started back with a fresh mindset on Thursday of last week and have successfully been 100% since then. I've also started adding just over an hour of power walking each day since Saturday morning and today was day 3 since adding the exercise. I'm feeling a little stiff in some areas but overall feeling much better in myself. Found that getting up early and doing a power walk between 6am and 7am is the best way for me to get motivated and also helps me to feel like I've achieved so much good even before starting work at 9am. It's also really helping me to keep focussed on remaining 100% as I don't want to undo all the good I've already done. :D

Nice work getting back on track :)
I've just read your post from a week or two ago, about potential food allergies. Having gone off track this weekend, I'm feeling really lethargic (which I used to feel all the time), and also I'm getting hayfever type symptoms back again, I think for me it's definitely related to the carbs too. I've had problems with food allergies /intolerances in the past, so when I come back to food properly from this, I think I'm going to introduce just a few foods at a time, to try and identify the problematic ones. (It will probably be the same as it was for me before, and wheat and corn particularly are not good for me)

Anyway, it is helping to get me back on track, as well as wanting to lose the weight I want to feel full of energy and awake again! That's got to be incentive enough to keep the chocolate out of my mouth.
Hope the rest of this week goes well for you :)

Nice work getting back on track :)
I've just read your post from a week or two ago, about potential food allergies. Having gone off track this weekend, I'm feeling really lethargic (which I used to feel all the time), and also I'm getting hayfever type symptoms back again, I think for me it's definitely related to the carbs too. I've had problems with food allergies /intolerances in the past, so when I come back to food properly from this, I think I'm going to introduce just a few foods at a time, to try and identify the problematic ones. (It will probably be the same as it was for me before, and wheat and corn particularly are not good for me)

Anyway, it is helping to get me back on track, as well as wanting to lose the weight I want to feel full of energy and awake again! That's got to be incentive enough to keep the chocolate out of my mouth.
Hope the rest of this week goes well for you :)

Cybill - that is really interesting about your experience with the carbs and hayfever. I also think it's really interesting that this season my hayfever has been so much better than previously (I know it's still early days of summer and could get worse if the weather gets sunnier/hotter). I used to have to take a high strength (prescription) antihistamine tablet each day and also use Beconase steriod nasal spray several times a day. So far this season (since start of May when I began Exante) I've not had to use the Beconase - I'm now wondering if the hayfever symptoms I had previously might have been triggered by food instead! How interesting this journey is - very enlightening!
;)

Slendertone for abs and arms

Well - today is day 3 of using Slendertone to help me tone up my abs and arms. I have to say that I'm really enjoying using it - feels a bit weird to start with but you can feel it working. I had been worried about how saggy my skin on my arms (bingo wings!) was going to be now that I'm losing weight so quickly and also felt that I needed some help with firming up the abs whilst losing the weight and inches quickly from there too. My husband and I decided to buy the Slendertone system and we interchange the controller to use with each of the separate "garments" that we each use for our abs and arms (the garments are different for men and women). We are on day 3 and using the 30 day programme to see how it helps to tone alongside our weightloss programmes. I'll keep you updated on how this helps (or if it doesn't). I would also be interested to know if anyone else has any experience of using Slendertone and what their view is of it.

Lost 5 lbs - yay!

today was weigh in day for me - lost 5lbs this week so very happy :D
xx

Another loss - yay!

Lost 4 lbs this week - very very happy! :D

We went camping last weekend - I was not 100% and when I weighed myself on Monday morning I had put 5 lbs back on :mad:
Felt like an idiot but atleast got my head screwed back on since Monday morning.
Today the scales showed that the 5lbs has now come back off so I'm back to what I was last Friday (which is my weekly weigh in day).
I'm trying to get at least 1 more lbs off by tomorrow's weekly weigh in so planning to do the walk home (which is 4.5 miles and a lot of hills!).
Will let you know tomorrow how this goes. :sigh:

Back