My Journey :)

hope your feeling better with your cold it could be worse you could ahve man flu like i am fighting off atm x

Is it man flu or Atkins flu Andy?

man flu on the priciple i am getting through a box if tissues a day to deal with snot :)

haha I hate snot! I have no idea how a nose as small as mine can behold so much grossness!
I have awoken today with a dose of atkins flu though, the minging breath is a give away. When my mum walked into my room she even said, "ohhh you're in ketosis, stinks in here!" hahaha good job I am single!

What's Atkins flu Jim? I've seen it mentioned several times and tried to search but it came back with nothing.

Here you go, I'm a better searcher than you. :)

For the first few days of Atkins Diet Induction phase, you will be withdrawing from sugar and caffeine addiction. It will take 3 to 7 days for the sugar and caffeine addiction to leave your system. During this time, you may find that withdrawal from sugar and caffeine food addiction causes you to have headaches, diarrhea, nausea, "brain fag", and muscle cramps. This is commonly referred to as "induction flu". These are temporary side effects of Atkins Diet Induction phase. Soon, you will experience more energy, better moods, and no hunger pangs.

once you are through atkins flu, wow do you feel amazing! I felt like I could conquer the world

Ah thanks. I won't suffer from that as I've got no added sugar to withdraw from and the new book says you can have some caffeine although I need to check if there was an amount but can't get to my book as it's in a bag somewhere due to the building work :)

I am about to make cheeseburger pie so I can have some cold for my breakfast tomorrow! It will either be amazing or make me yak haha

It'll be amazing, I think it tastes better in the morning cold.

I AM STILL ILL!!!
I am feeling really frustrated by it now, I just want to be able to taste food and exercise now!

I made the cheeseburger pie, AMAZING, but I was horrified at the calorie content :O i know we arent counting by sheeeeesh! 900cals per portion apparently.

Feeling really bloated and like I am gaining weight this week, just as well i have no scales until monday really :)

Hi Rachael

Don't get down about how you're feeling - we all get those days, feeling heavy and bloated, but you will probbaly be happily surprised when it comes to weigh in day.

Just concentrate on getting over your cold - rest, and drink lots of water - like I'm telling you things you don't know :)

Susie x

I am struggling with my appetite once again
could be partially because I'm ill, but I just realised I havent eaten since 11am and I am still not hungry. Going to nip out and get some advantage bars me thinks. I love having no appetite but its annoying at the same time

I'm going to buy lots of snacky foods to pick at while I am feeling this rough, any suggestions?

I'm not hungry today, but I got to the stage where it doesn't bother me. I've eaten twice today & I might have a mim later :D x

I have eaten once, because I'm not hungry I just forget! For anyone that knows me, knows this is very strange indeed, NOTHING has ever made me forget to eat before haha. Bless ketosis!

If you're not hungry, don't eat love. simples.

I just worry I will do more harm than good by not eating

Went back to college after a year today for a little reunion and everyone was calling me skinny :) I have been asked to go back next week and give a talk to this years students about uni life and all that jazz! very nervous

Back