My Journey :)

That is such a wonderful attitude & post Racheal. I know I haven't met you, but I would be proud to know you & I'm so glad you've decided to share your journey with us. I wish you all the best, you need to enjoy this time of your life :D.
I'm a lot older than you, nearly 49 & I have, at most been 4 stone over weight & it has been the bane of my life. After a LOT of reading I realise I must be insulin intolerant. Trying this way of eating has transformed my life. I can control my IBS (which I had to have an op for in June :( ) & I just feel so much calmer :) No sugar swings!

As I'v said before, embrace this, feel confident & enjoy!!! xx

Awww thank you, that is so lovely!! I thought I'd be driving you all spare with my constant ramblings!!

Thank you all for your support :D xxx

I am so frustrated, that I have lost this much and I still see no difference in myself :(

grrrrrrrrrrr

I'm not expecting miracles but this is ridiculous!

You will hun. You will look in the mirror very soon & suddenly see the loss :D x

Racheal, you will look different, but your mind hasn't adjusted to your loss yet. Let me tell you a little storey, about 3 months in I knew I was losing, my belt was in 2 notches, my clothes were loose on me, yet I could see no difference in the mirror. Wandering around the bullring one Saturday with Colleen, I saw her and a man in a big shop mirror, It took me a while to realise it was me, and then I saw the weight I'd lost.

I am another 2lbs today, making me 16st 5lbs another 6lbs until I am 15st 13lbs which will be amazing. I have not been in the 15s for a few years now, and I think then is when I will know I am smaller.

It is looking like I may well reach my uni goal now which I am so happy about :D

Today is a big day for me, I have a boy coming to stay with me from uni for the night, I have not seen him since we left for summer. He knows I have lost weight because we talk everyday, but I am terrified he won't notice and think I am lying! He will be the first person I will be seeing from uni, and as he is a bit of a love interest of mine I really want him to notice (not that my size bothers him, he is a rare breed!) but he is brutally honest. So if he notices, I will be inclined to notice myself too.

Have a good day everyone xx

Well done Racheal,you'll have to report on how the night went. ;)

haha I will, the chances are I will be heartbroken and want to drown my sorrows in carbs ;)

Thats what usually happens when we see eachother haha

Racheal - have you tried having your photo taken with someone else beside you, that was the one thing that showed me what a big difference I had made with my losses - when you just have a photo of yourself it is not the same but when you compare with someone else (who has not lost any weight of course) it seems to bring it home to you more! Well done on your losses so far xx

it's so weird, I looked at pics of myself from this weekend and I can't see any difference in my weight - but people have started to comment on it, so I know it's working.

Our brain does mad things to us - some days I feel huge - but will still have had a loss.

Susie :)

As predicted, I am not so much heartbroken, but disappointed. They boy arrived after alot of talk over summer and proceeded to sit and txt another girl the whole night he was here. I couldn't get rid of him quick enough this morning. I am upset but more annoyed with myself for falling for it again!

But

I never predicted that this wouldn't have me racing to the fridge to finish off the brownies I made him. I don't think there is going to be anything that breaks my will power this time around. Not even this.

Another pound down today, 16st 4lbs. At this rate, I could be nearing the 14s by the time I get back to uni, I don't ever remember being that weight.

Oh and he didn't notice my weightloss at all :(

Ah well racheal, boys are not good at that sort of thing love.

Boys are rubbish full stop...well the ones I know anyway!! haha

The only male who has commented on my loss so far (apart from my OH of course) is gay lol. Don't get disheartened, you're doing this for you not some daft lad who can't see what's right in front of him!

this is very true.

It was nothing a 2hr phone call to my bestest couldn't sort out :D

I did a ketosis check just now, and I am deep purple, which is good news I think?

My partner doesn't notice and says it's coz he sees me everyday, I think like Jim said guys just arent very good at that thing lol x

Your head is well and truly in the right place Rachael - and you're winning the battle over automatically reaching for comfort food when emotions get in the way :) (she says with a glass of red here after a bejeeses of a day at work - is it legal to throttle idiot work colleagues? haha).

I'm getting on a bit so I know I'm repeating myself here from other threads - but doing low carb seems to be playing with my brain - in a good way!

Sx

Test number two..

My oldest friend in the whole world is picking me up in a minute..she has been to mcdonalds to pick up some lunch for herself.

Gaaaaah! I think I'll be ok, I have an atkins bar for an emergency and I have had lunch so I am not hungry. I have the biggest bottle of water on earth too!

Good luck Racheal. Don't worry about the boy, sounds like he was trying to wind you up with the texting :)
I love Bren's suggestion, get a mate who hasn't lost weight & keep having your photo taken with them. Brilliant, lol

Back