My SF Diary

I too have experienced the pre-weigh in madness in the past :( I think its partly because focussing and planning what you eat 7 days a week is EXHAUSTING and by the time I have done 6 days properly planning, counting and controlling I often do feel like I have lost the plot a little and so kind of give up. I suspect there is also an element of self-sabotage, especially if we are having a hard time, in that if we have a blow-out before weigh in we know we will not lose and that gets rid of the anxiety and possibility of feeling like a failure if we haven't lost anything and have stuck to plan. I know for me personally I find it easier to deal with something I consider a "failure" if I know I haven't tried my hardest. That's probably not very psychologically healthy but at least I am aware of it - that's the first step right?!

I suspect the real key to all of this is not giving up. And you have shown time and time again that you are not going to do it and in the long term its that attitude that will really pay off not whether you gained a few lbs every now and then.

Good luck with your final weekend of training. And being let loose on the public at large!

I know u will get that 1lb off next wk mets! Just keep going! Have a nice wk end training, I often find it's quiet on here during ur training wks but we d'o have a few more members now!

AP - I totally get you. I think you've hit the nail on the head there! I think that I knew I wasn't going to lose, so I just thought "sod it" might as well not bother at all. As long as I get that 1lb off next week I'll be happy. Like I said, from next weeks WI I have something on each week which will include alcohol - no doubt lots of it! So I don't expect to lose on those weeks. Once I get to mid June I can give it my all again. Doesn't mean I'm giving up for the next few weeks. Not at all. I'm still going to stick to plan for sure. It'll then hopefully balance out the boozey days!! It's such a struggle - for me anyway. I've got some strange psychological thing going on in my head and such a bad relationship with food. Each day I will just take it as it comes.

Sarah - haha! Well it's my last weekend now, so that will change ;-) I'm so nervous about it. And I've got to re-take an exam which I failed the other weekend. Urgh! I'm looking forward to Monday.... But then I'll be a police officer and I'm scared about that! Eek!

For dinner I had homemade chips, chicken breast, beans and 2 "fried" eggs. Was so yummy! :)

I didn't mean that in a bad way, when we tlk every day I kinda miss u being there to support me!

Ur tea sound really nice im gonna do that on a sf day nxt wk!

sarah88 said:
I didn't mean that in a bad way, when we tlk every day I kinda miss u being there to support me!

I know you didn't :D

Toady is st again

B - OSS and banana

L - wholegrain rice and chicken breast with spring onions and a little ligh soy sauce

S - 2 crumpets and ham

D - dont know as I'm off to training!

Lunch sounds yummy mets. Enjoy your last weekend of training and good luck with the exam. When will you start going on the streets? X

Thank you :) well technically I can go out as of Monday! But my uniform and stab vest are too big and so I need to get re-fitted (bonus! :D) They can't do it until 10th May which is annoying as I wanted to get out there straight away so I don't bottle it! xxx

That's a horrible thought!! Stab vest! R u scared? I would b too afraid to b a police officer!

Ur dinner sounds lovely, did u let Ur rice cool or did u just throw it all in?

sarah88 said:
That's a horrible thought!! Stab vest! R u scared? I would b too afraid to b a police officer!

Ur dinner sounds lovely, did u let Ur rice cool or did u just throw it all in?

Ditto! I wouldn't have the confidence to be a police officer! In a weird way.....like I used to teach ice skating and I loved teaching.....so its not that type of confidence. It's being able to protect yourself while doing your job well and also taking control of probably awkward people. I think it's fab what you do!

Hows your weekend going Mets ?? Hope your training has gone well :)

Hi all :)

Sarah - I let my rice cool and ate it all cold. Was so yummy!

So training is all done and I'm now a warranted police officer! Eeeeeeek! Haha! I feel absolutely exhausted now. The build up of this day has been immense and being so tense today has left me like a bag of jelly now. I think the glass of red wine has helped to relax me now ;-)

I've stuck to plan except for last night, where we had party food and drinks (food being cocktail sausages, crisps, sweets, mini rolls, chocolate fingers etc). I didn't drink any alcohol but did have some food. I wasn't able to count it but I didn't ho crazy. At the back of my mind I was thinking about being good so I managed to have some restraint. Today I've not had a lot to eat as I've felt sick with nerves but I'm sure tomorrow I'll wake up starving!

I am nervous about policing but since I've worked for the police for 6 years already, I know that if you're ever in danger, you'll have the world and his wife to back you up. Doesn't mean to say I'm not scared about potential attacks/injuries/ dangerous situations but I feel better knowing that the people I'll be working with, wont be too far away to help. Of course that doesn't help with the immediate danger as you aren't always with lots of officers, but I know that they won't too far behind me, should I get in a sticky situation ;-) I'm more scared about the public coming up to me and asking me stuff!!! They don't know that I'm brand new and shiny! They'll expect me to know what I'm talking about.... And although I've just spent all this time training, it just scratches the surface! My real learning starts now.

I'm so proud though and so so happy. My fella came along in uniform to the ceremony today along with my Mum and Dad - I was like WHOOP!!! :D check me out!! Hahaha! Mega happy! xxx

Ah thats so cool and such an achievement - damn right you should be proud :D WELL DONE Mets :) :) :)

Congratulation Mets! That sounds like an exciting day! You deserve the glass of wine!
I'd be very nervous about going on the streets and think you're very brave! You've worked hard for this so enjoy! Have a nice evening! X

Congratulations Mets, or should that be Officer Mets now?! You have clearly worked so hard to get here, definitely time to take a step back and enjoy the achievement.

Thank you all, means a lot to read your kind words of support :) I'm ridiculously nervous about my first shift, but everyone is and it's got to be done! xxx

Mets said:
Thank you all, means a lot to read your kind words of support :) I'm ridiculously nervous about my first shift, but everyone is and it's got to be done! xxx

Congrats mets, I'm very happy 4 u! When's ur first shift?

Aww congrats! Scary but exciting hope your first day goes well x

Back