Total Solution My shiny diary

Littleone

Hello. :)

So I started Exante yesterday. I was so excited and nervous it was silly! But I got through it. I had a banana shake, a toffee, nut and raisin bar, and a hot chocolate shake. Was pretty impressed and preferred them to Slimfast products. I think I will split the shakes in 2 today.

I decided to finally do a VLCD after years of really struggling with my weight. I decided this summer is the beginning of the end of all that. I'm going out for lots of walks in parks, etc, and all I can see is people wearing gorgeous clothes and I fancy a bit of that.

Well, that sounds casual and this actually means an awful lot to me.

I've come to the decision that a VLCD is the best way forward. I feel that removing food from the equation will actually do me some good, give me a bit of a break and allow me to lose a good amount of weight fairly quickly. It will keep me motivated, I hope! I'm already thinking about the practicalities of maintenance just because I am determined never to be this big again, I've got that in mind.

I want to lose a bit more than 50lb, I think that's a weight I was very happy at, though that does take me well into the healthy range.

I hope today goes smoothly for me and for everyone else of course - I'm sure it will. Still got that positivity hat on! :)

Good for you Littleone!

I'm new to the site (just found it yesterday!) and am so thrilled to see other people feeling what I'm feeling! I hate seeing all these lovely clothes that would look awful on me too!!!

I'm starting Exante in two weeks, it's my first VLCD and I'm so excited about it!

Would love to hear how you get on and wish you the very best of luck with it!!! Yay! \o/

Morning littleone, I am starting exante today so hopefully we can support each other on our journey. x

jinty said:
Morning littleone, I am starting exante today so hopefully we can support each other on our journey. x

Good luck today x

Good luck litteone xx

Another newbie here wishing you good luck on your journey.

Sue x

Aw, thanks for all the luck! I must be well topped up now. :)

And it would be great to help and support each other along the way. Because I'm doing it on my own and I guess most people are, and not telling many people, I think having that extra bit of support is vital.

I'm quite hungry but I know it'll pass. I have visualised what things could be like in a few months time with sticking to Exante and it's right at the very front of my mind. That is helping enormously. I'm seeing a new confident me who can wear skinny jeans, who feels attractive, whose thighs wont rub together in skirts or dresses, etc etc etc. :D

Good luck to you all, let's keep each other updated!

Welcome to the Exante club!

I am only on W3 but I wish I had done this diet years ago instead of faffing around with SW, WW and Slimfast. Best thing I have done and I will reach my target (positive vibes flying around lol!!)

Good luck x

:wavey:

Thanks ElmerFudd. Happy to join the club. :) Looks like you're doing great! I'm feeling the vibes from here!

I struggled with both SW and WW. I felt a bit strange that I couldn't get my head round SW when most people said how simple it was, and then it seemed to take so much planning.

I've had 2 of my 'meals' already today. A strawberry shake - hot and it was gorgeous! And a chocolate and orange bar so I might have a hungry afternoon. Sleeping at my boyfriend's tonight so I'll have to to be prepared and take some packs over there.

I have a feeling I'll be updating this a lot - sorry! It might help me keep focused.

Thanks ElmerFudd. Happy to join the club. :) Looks like you're doing great! I'm feeling the vibes from here!

I struggled with both SW and WW. I felt a bit strange that I couldn't get my head round SW when most people said how simple it was, and then it seemed to take so much planning.

I've had 2 of my 'meals' already today. A strawberry shake - hot and it was gorgeous! And a chocolate and orange bar so I might have a hungry afternoon. Sleeping at my boyfriend's tonight so I'll have to to be prepared and take some packs over there.

I have a feeling I'll be updating this a lot - sorry! It might help me keep focused.

I got my head around SW just ate too much (don't believe all that waffle about eating as much as you like). This diet has been a real eye opener. I was really scared to start as I have never gone without food before but it's the easiest thing as there are no temptations (apart from the odd slice of ham when making DH & DS sandwiches).

Never tried the strawberry shake hot so will give it a go. I like the chocolate one hot though.

I take a bar everywhere with me just in case I am delayed somewhere. Don't want to put temptation in my way.

Sending loads of positive vibes!!!!!!

I'll have to remember to put a bar in my bag in case of emergencies - good tip.

Removing the temptations by making a commitment to lose weight with something like Exante just makes things SO much easier. I'm lucky in that I don't have any children so don't have to cook for them - I'm pretty young (20). I am looking after my mum at the moment cause she has breast cancer so might have to do some cooking here and there at times but still.

I agree that the promotion of 'eat as much as you like' on SW wasn't all that helpful to me. This is a different approach that I think and hope will help.

End of Day 2 - wahey! Does anyone find their packs for their shakes are potentially big enough to split into 3 individual shakes?? They seem so big!

Hope you all sleep well, I could do with some quality beauty sleep and nice dreams. :)

I know a lot of people split their shakes, I don't though. If I get hungry in between (which is rare) I drink a cup of veg oxo. It's at times like this that I wish I drank coffee but alas I hate the stuff.

Here's to your day 3 and my Day 21 :)

Wow Day 21. That sounds so long compared to Day 3! I'm impressed. :)

How are you getting on?

It's good to know the hunger goes.. can't wait for that bit. I'm feeling a bit weak today which is not so good because I have an Aquacise class tonight. Oh well, I'm sure I will manage.

It's funny because I'm really looking forward to hopping on the scales on Tuesday but I've no idea how much I'll lose or even how much I want to lose. Cause everyone reports such big numbers I'm slightly scared to even start to think about it - I'll end up losing hardly anything and be disappointed!

Got Adele on and doing my best out-of-the-shower singing. Love it!

One thing Exante is helping with? I can actually get up in the morning! (have trouble with that) Even if it's just because I'm kinda hungry...

So I'm up. Might try do some toning exercises today. I managed Aquacise fine yesterday but it's not really an option not to do it when you've got an instructor shouting at you!

I was going to start Couch 2 5k today (again) but I'm not sure whether to run through the park or just along some quiet streets.... I'm thinking the streets at the moment. I hope I have the energy.

Here's to today. We can do it. (cheesy me!) :)

Wow Day 21. That sounds so long compared to Day 3! I'm impressed. :)

How are you getting on?

It's good to know the hunger goes.. can't wait for that bit. I'm feeling a bit weak today which is not so good because I have an Aquacise class tonight. Oh well, I'm sure I will manage.

It's funny because I'm really looking forward to hopping on the scales on Tuesday but I've no idea how much I'll lose or even how much I want to lose. Cause everyone reports such big numbers I'm slightly scared to even start to think about it - I'll end up losing hardly anything and be disappointed!

Got Adele on and doing my best out-of-the-shower singing. Love it!

Can't believe I am on Day 21 either (22 now). I absolutely love this diet and so wish I had done it years ago. Had my W3 WI this morning and I've lost 5lbs this week so 15.5 in total....really happy :D

I have to say it is easy now but the first week wasn't the best. I suffered from really bad headaches for the first 5 days and the hunger pangs were terrible at times but if I felt the need to eat I made a cup of veg oxo and it really filled me up (strange I know).

Most people have a great weight loss the first week. I was really happy with W1 and then really disappointed with W2 as I only lost 2.5lbs. It's important to remain focused on your final goal and work through the disappointments. W3 I have had a 5lb loss which makes over a stone in 3 weeks which is not to be sniffed at!! :)

Stay strong......you can do it!!

Not to be sniffed at?! It's brilliant! (and congrats on today's loss :) )

Best of luck for this week, ElmerFudd!

Running a tad low on motivation today but you've inspired me. You're so right to keep the eyes on the goal.

I keep thinking about when I go back to college in Sept and how good I will feel looking lighter.

I'm just waiting on a call from a friend's recommended hairdresser. Feel like getting a new haircut and colour now to go with the changing me. Yes. :)

Wow it sure is raining.

Having a little party here by myself. ;)

Awful breath and no hunger! And I completed Day 4 yesterday, all 100%!

Littleone said:
Having a little party here by myself. ;)

Awful breath and no hunger! And I completed Day 4 yesterday, all 100%!

Well done!!! First few days are the hardest but ur doing really well! Keep going x I've brought some mouth spray to combat the breath, and although not recommended on the diet I do chew the odd piece of gum which hasn't affected anything.

Not to be sniffed at?! It's brilliant! (and congrats on today's loss :) )

Best of luck for this week, ElmerFudd!

Running a tad low on motivation today but you've inspired me. You're so right to keep the eyes on the goal.

I keep thinking about when I go back to college in Sept and how good I will feel looking lighter.

I'm just waiting on a call from a friend's recommended hairdresser. Feel like getting a new haircut and colour now to go with the changing me. Yes. :)

Wow it sure is raining.

Keep up with the motivation....reading this forum certainly helps plus as I have a diary I don't want to just disappear like some people do when, I assume, that they are struggling or failing. I will not fail and whilst I may not have time every day to write something witty (or not in my case) I will keep doing it and it makes me stay focussed. I am on holiday in 6.5 weeks and need to lose 20lbs more!

If you go back to college the weight loss will certainly give you more confidence. I am hoping to start work again in October when my DS starts primary school. Haven't worked since Feb when we moved and losing weight will certainly making attending interviews a slightly less uncomfortable experience.

x

Back