My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

The cravings will subside once you get into ketosis. At the moment your body is telling you it wants its usual sugar fix.

Can't wait for ketosis. I feel ok apart from a little sick, but I have a bit of a bug I think (working in a GP surgery you tend to get it all haha)

I just keep telling myself, in 8 weeks time, I could be alot lighter and feel alot better! I have my wedding dress fitting in march too! Yay

Read up on the nausea, it says people who have sensitive tums will sometimes experience transient nausea but it will pass. Fingers crossed!

I had nausea in the first few days of starting. It tended to be first thing in the morning along with headaches and dizziness but it soon passed when I was properly in ketosis and now feel better than I ever have!

Thats reassuring, I am feeling pretty weird at the min, slightly dizzy, headache (though I do suffer headaches anyway) and quite bad nausea, bring on ketosis.

3.50pm - Just had my second half of the lemon bar, it was lovely! I really like the taste of that! So thats the porridge, soup and bar, planning my banana shake around 6ish.

Then when I leave work at 8 I will pop to asda and get some cinnamon and maybe dr pepper zero as I've read you can drink that, I will try it, not one for fizzy drinks but I guess they make you feel quite full!

If you do have a wobble tonight Tara, have an extra pack or half pack. Much better than caving and having something else. I have 3 packs but have sometimes had 4 on the first couple of days before I reach ketosis.

I think I will be ok, just want to get into ketosis. I will order some spag bol meals I think, it sounds nice and I love mushrooms so will enjoy having them!

Iv been feeling awful too tara, no nausea though just a pounding headache and groggyness .. Hopefully itl pass v. soon!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Tara I started today too and have been feeling awful, nausea, dizzy and headache. Hoping it will pass as it's very hard. Hope u feel better soon. Look forward to seeing your progress as we started on the same day!
Janet
Xx

Hi Aisha and Janet!

Sorry to hear you are both feeling unwell! I have had a pounding head along with nausea all day, I took some paracetamol for my head and it seems to be slightly better than before. It's just the lump in the throat sick feeling I am having a hard time with. I felt really tired at work towards the end of my shift, but feel ok now. I don't really feel overly hungry either.

My verdict on the packs:

Breakfast: Porridge, quite like the taste, didn't get the consistency right, Thumbs up.

Lemon bar: Really liked this, was strange at the first bite but I liked it the more I ate it. Thumbs up.

Lunch: Chicken soup, like the flavour, didn't like the powdery taste, but I can cope with it. 50/50

Tea: Banana Shake, hmmm I used my shaker and ice cold water and took a gulp and there were little jellyish floating bits, nearly gagged! Emptied into a glass and mixed with a fork for a couple of mins and then drank it, taste was ok. 50/50

End of first day, feeling quite sick but can put up with it for a few days if it eventually will pass. The packs were alright, nothing to write home about but I didn't expect them to taste wonderful!

I've found day quite easy, but my biggest obstacle will be my cravings, I crave chocolate like a mad woman and have a tendency to evening munch. I am hoping I can summon the will power and stick! If being in ketosis rids me of this nausea then I can see why people don't want to cheat and get kicked out of ketosis to start all over again!

Good luck to all you others out there, waiting for ketosis, may it come quickly and remain with us!!!

Massive well done on ur first day! =D Hope u feel better soon too! .. I loved the porridge myself, i only used a little bit of milk (so i could use some in my crispy choc shake later on) then topped up with water. I microwaved for a few seconds at a time adding bits of water when needed. Not sure if the consistency was right but it tasted nice :) .. Im just gonna try the summer fruits shake for my last meal then im gonna order 2 weeks worth tonight =D

Well done Tara. I add a bit more water to my shakes. I wonder if that's why I don't end up with lumps? One of the reasons I don't have the 'new' shakes at work is that I find them hard to mix up properly in a hand shaker. I usually find the banana one the easiest followed by the strawberry one and luckily I quite like both of those. If there are any lumps then breaking them up with a spoon on the side of the shaker usually works.

Good luck for tomorrow and I hope that all the new starters today wake up feeling better, or that the feeling soon passes. Look at it this way - if anyone cracks now and wants to restart you will go through 'today' again. With today out of the way you're a day down towards getting into ketosis and feeling better. And Tara, yes, this is exactly why people in ketosis don't want to get kicked out!

Thanks!! Well done to you too! The summer fruits one sounds nice, I didn't order it though, let me know what you think of it when you have it.

I will see how I go this week and then I may order a sample of the spag bol and have it with mushrooms. I plan to try and last until my b-day in march, it's only 8 weeks and would love to be down 2 stone!

Keep it up Aisha! We can do it!!! Lets kick this first weeks butt!!

The first few days are crappy but as time goes on it gets a lot easier

I'm about to start my 3rd week tomorrow I get less and less days where I'm tempted it's getting into a habit now plus my clothes are fitting too :)

Well done Tara. I add a bit more water to my shakes. I wonder if that's why I don't end up with lumps? One of the reasons I don't have the 'new' shakes at work is that I find them hard to mix up properly in a hand shaker. I usually find the banana one the easiest followed by the strawberry one and luckily I quite like both of those. If there are any lumps then breaking them up with a spoon on the side of the shaker usually works.

Good luck for tomorrow and I hope that all the new starters today wake up feeling better, or that the feeling soon passes. Look at it this way - if anyone cracks now and wants to restart you will go through 'today' again. With today out of the way you're a day down towards getting into ketosis and feeling better. And Tara, yes, this is exactly why people in ketosis don't want to get kicked out!

Haha I think that's an incentive enough to stick to it really!

I think I will try a bit more water, because it was plenty thick enough. I put 300ml of water in today so will try 450 tomorrow.

I hope we all wake up feeling better too, but I am willing to trudge on as I am for ketosis to come!

I just want to say thank you to everyone for their support today! This forum is just what you need to get you through!

The first few days are crappy but as time goes on it gets a lot easier

I'm about to start my 3rd week tomorrow I get less and less days where I'm tempted it's getting into a habit now plus my clothes are fitting too :)

Well done with your losses so far!! I can't wait for clothes to become big, my work uniform will be the best, it's literally the most unflattering ugly uniform and I feel so uncomfortable in it!

Tara x

I'm fine up to 500ml - it starts to get a bit watery for me above that xx

Tara before you know it that uniform will be hanging off you. When I did this diet before I found that every 4-5 weeks I'd dropped a dress size.

I can see the results already after just 2 weeks done and 11lbs

It's day 3 that's prob the worst so get yourself as busy as u can

X

Back