My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

TaraTeal

Silver Member
Hi!

My order has been dispatched so hopefully will be with me tomorrow, was planning on starting monday, but I may start sat/sun as I am working two very long shifts and tend to have snack urges alot less when I am at work.

I've posted a few times on various threads on minimins, so some of you may be familiar with me and what I am trying to achieve.

To cut a long story short, I get married in June, have a dress two sizes too small, and have had difficulty over the last year shifting the weight.

I have 5 months and I need rapid results, hence the vlcd!

It's good to know I am not alone in this, there are other people on here doing the very same, I read one girls exante diary and found it very inspirational, despite being a busy mother, and having family crisis' she has managed to lose a lot of weight following a vlcd. Posting all her thoughts, her diet demons, good days and bad.

Everyone on here seems lovely and supportive and I hope to keep everyone updated with this diary all the way to my walk down the ailse in June!

I will weigh in on whichever day I start on and will go from there, I have a feeling I have gained 1-2 pounds this week as I have been making the most of food before I embark on my mission!

Tara x

Hi and welcome.....your only concern on this diet could be you will loose more than two sizes....if you stick to it..it really works!! A dress size is usually about 10 to 12llbs so you do that every easily if you stick to plan! Best of luck!

Good luck! I wish i knew about this diet when i was loosing weight for my wedding, would have been far quicker lol

Ive lost 10-12lbs in a week n i dont reckon im a size down. I guess it depends how heavy u r to start with x

I agree I've lost 12lbs this time and more since I've started and no change of clothes size yet.

Hey,

I have to lose about 40lbs roughly to get into the dress comfortabley I reckon, judging from last time I was that size! I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the first few days trying to get into ketosis, any tips etc?

What can be drank on this diet as well as water? I never drink hot drinks so have nothing to miss in regards to that, but I do drink squash so will possibly miss that taste. I think my biggest struggle will be curbing the choc cravings and upping my water intake... But most people have said once you get through that first week it gets easier, heres hoping!!!

Welcome and good luck Tara. I went down three dress sizes in 3 months on a VLCD. I think your target is totally achievable if you stick to the mealpacks. As Bea says, you may find that you lose even more. Again, good luck!

I reckon that the first stone you lose isn't pure fat as a lot of it is water and generally your body sorting itself out and hence you don't go down a dress size with the first stone. The second stone is definitely when you see the sizing start to change :).

If you look at the frequently asked questions sticky at the top there is a link to a thread about drinks.

Good luck!

Yeah I agree with you BG. Water weight makes up a high percentage of first loss. I just can't wait to get started! Just going to take it a day at a time x

Welcome Tara, congratulations on the wedding!

What a great reason and motivator to do a VLCD! Your going to look stunning on your special day.

Look forward to seeing your progress!

Lisa x

Hi GSG, aww thank you, I hope I look good on my wedding day too! I've been on this site non-stop for the past few days and I find it so motivational! I hope to post as often as I can from my first taste of the packs to posting some photos of (hopefully myself alot lighter) on my trip down the aisle in June!

Thanks everyone for your posts! I CAN do this!

This site is a great distraction when you feel weak too :).

Couldn't agree more BG! I log on when I'm feeling fed up, peckish, weak-willed or puzzled about the VLCD path, and it always does the trick!

It is very motivating and although it's never nice to think of anyone else on here having a bad day or struggling, it is nice when someone shares that and you can see how much everyone rallies round and tries to keep them going.

I found your diary too :)

How exciting that your getting married this year!! Crack this and I'm sure you will look breathtaking!! (We'll I'm sure you would look stunning as you are now... but losing weight would also make you feel it :) )x x x

Well, my order has been delivered just now! checked the box and I have everything exactly right, they also threw in a sample of the vanilla crispy shake, which I might try for my evening meal today, just see if I like the taste, also to what consistency I like it etc...

Can the shakes me made up and refrigerated overnight?

You are supposed to make them and eat them straight away otherwise you lose the nutrients in them apparently!!

Good luck :) I am on day 5 now after my Xmas break! Feeling fine, just tired and cold today!! xxxx

Hey chubbers, thanks for that! I will just chill some water in the fridge then and use that. And at work I will use water from our cooler. I am just trying to prepare myself now, I find controlling myself easy in the day when I am busy, but the evenings are my curse! Will have to just keep coming on here and I am sure that will keep me going!

So excited for you that your packs have arrived :) Time to get going tomorrow!!!

Back