Cherene

Hey everyone,

This is my first post ever so I hope I’m doing it right!

So I’ve been on Exante for the last 6 months, I started in April and lost 3 stones 10lbs.

I decided I wanted to increase my activity and started going gym 4 times a week .. this was hindering my weight loss with Exante so I decided to give Slimming World a go.

I came off plan for 4 days before starting SlimmingWorld and put on 4lbs!

It’s been a week and I’ve been 100% not gone over my 15 syns but I’m so scared for weigh in tonight! Like petrified.

I’m worried after being on a VLCD for so long having 800 cal a day that I’m going to gain loads this week.

I’ve also recently changed to a plant based diet so this week has been very carby with potatoes pasta couscous and LM range of sausages and burgers.

Going to post my food diary for the last week please do let me know if you think I’m eating too much, the wrong things or if I’m doing ok.

Lastly (sorry for the major long post!) has anyone gone from a VLCD to slimming world?

Weigh in at 7:30pm and could do with my brain being eased!

Thanks guys

hi i did, i was doing the cambridge diet & swapped straight to slimming world. ive lost just over a stone in about2 months so its slower but the food you can eat is so worth it. hope your weigh in went ok x

Good luck! It is my 2nd week on SW so I am also at the beginning. However lost 2stone 8lbs on it last time I did it 2 years ago. Had a year not doing it and gained 12lbs, so back on it again now. (Could have been a lot worse than 12lbs haha)

SW is a slower loss, but you don't gain anywhere near as much if you have an "off" day, or eat normally. As the diet itself is like eating normally with a few healthier changes. Everyone I know that has done the VLCD diets have gained very quickly if they go back to eating 3 meals a day. So it isn't sustainable. SW is definitely that, so it is really worth it.

****UPDATE***
So happy everyone! After absolutely dreading it I managed to lose 5.5lbs at my first weigh in. I ate so much food (all on plan) during my 1st week and honestly thought I’d put on at least 7lbs! I felt so bloated but what a great loss. I hope I can lose at least 2lbs next week
I was going to post my food diary for last week but would be way too long to type so going to do it from today

X

hi i did, i was doing the cambridge diet & swapped straight to slimming world. ive lost just over a stone in about2 months so its slower but the food you can eat is so worth it. hope your weigh in went ok x
Thanks Heidi,
It’s great to know the switch can work. I lost 5.5lbs
X

Good luck! It is my 2nd week on SW so I am also at the beginning. However lost 2stone 8lbs on it last time I did it 2 years ago. Had a year not doing it and gained 12lbs, so back on it again now. (Could have been a lot worse than 12lbs haha)

SW is a slower loss, but you don't gain anywhere near as much if you have an "off" day, or eat normally. As the diet itself is like eating normally with a few healthier changes. Everyone I know that has done the VLCD diets have gained very quickly if they go back to eating 3 meals a day. So it isn't sustainable. SW is definitely that, so it is really worth it.
Hi Charlie
12lbs isn’t bad at all over 2 years! At least you’re acting on it before it turns into more.
How did your 1st weigh in go?
I can definitely get used to all this food and losing so gonna stick to it
Xx

***Food Diary***
Wednesday 25/10/17

Breakfast
1 slice wholemeal bread (3syns)
Baked beans (P)
Spring Onion (S)
2 Linda McCartney sausages (1syn)

Lunch
Wholemeal Pasta
Tin tomatoes (S)
Asparagus (S)

Dinner
Couscous
Sweet potato
Baby corn (S)
Sugar snap peas (S)
Onion (S)
Mushroom (S)

Snacks
Banana
Grapes
Strawberries (S)
Pear (S)
Funsize Mars (4 syns)
Funsize Skittles (3.5)

HEA - Alpro Coconut Milk
HEB - Hifi bar x 2

Been a great day but need to increase my water intake again. Slacking since coming off Exante.

Ending on 11.5 Syns

X

Well done on 5.5lbs that's amazing! You must be so happy to be doing it whilst eating more.

I lost 4 pounds on my first weigh in, and have a target this week of 2 pounds. I weigh in on Mondays.
Thank you
Yes very happy!
Well done to you too! I’d also love 2lbs a week.
Keep it up x

Sounds like a great day and not even like a diet when you write it all out.
I know right! I’m fully satisfied! Not cranky like I was before. Going to continue writing it all down everyday so I don’t slip up and try use it to stay focused x

Last edited:
Glad you're enjoying SW! I did Lighter Life years ago and, although I lost a lot of weight, I felt awful (and looked like I'd aged 10 years!) so I'm much happier doing SW. Even if it is a bit slower, it's worth it!

If you're actively exercising, especially with weights, I will say this . . . take body measurements every week. NO weight loss plans, SW included, are truly supportive of hard exercise as it's all about the scale results . . . which can become an issue when you workout regularly. Combining measurements and weight will give you a much better overall result of how you're doing. :D

Glad you're enjoying SW! I did Lighter Life years ago and, although I lost a lot of weight, I felt awful (and looked like I'd aged 10 years!) so I'm much happier doing SW. Even if it is a bit slower, it's worth it!

If you're actively exercising, especially with weights, I will say this . . . take body measurements every week. NO weight loss plans, SW included, are truly supportive of hard exercise as it's all about the scale results . . . which can become an issue when you workout regularly. Combining measurements and weight will give you a much better overall result of how you're doing. :D

I agree on the taking measurements. My SW consultant is quite adamant that exercise does not help you lose weight, and doesn't seem to promote it at all. She said only diet will help you lose weight, exercise is just good for your health. I don't believe that in the slightest, and although diet is more important, exercising regularly has always helped speed up my weight loss!

Thanks for that! So true that was my worry because I want to start weight training soon an I was thinking it would effect the scales! I’ll be sure to get the tape measure out :)

Hi Cherene, well done great first week, you must be so pleased!
I've just started SW too and am also plan based - The Linda McCartney Rosemary and Onion Suasages are free! (Was so shocked to find that out lol!)

Hi Cherene, well done great first week, you must be so pleased!
I've just started SW too and am also plan based - The Linda McCartney Rosemary and Onion Suasages are free! (Was so shocked to find that out lol!)
Hiya

Thank you :) so chuffed!!
Hi are you finding it?
I tried those they are nice but I prefer the plain ones and at 0.5 syns each I can’t complain! They’re amazing!
When is your weigh in!? X

***Food Diary***
Thursday 26/10/17

Breakfast
Strawberries (S)
Grapes

Lunch
Baked beans (P)
Mushrooms (S)
2 Linda McCartney sausages (1 syn)
Slimming World Chips

Dinner
Wholewheat noodles
Baby corn (S)
Sugar snap peas (S)
Spring Onion (S)
Mushroom (S)
Broccoli (S)
Carrot (S)
Peppers (S)
Bean sprouts (S)

Snacks
Banana
Oreo - peanut butter (2.5 syns)
Oreo - Strawberry cheesecake (2.5 syns)
Funsize Milkyway (3.5 syns)
Funsize Skittles (3.5)

HEA - Alpro Oat Milk
HEB - Hifi bar x 2

Ending on 13 Syns

X

***Food Diary***
Friday 27/10/17

Breakfast
Apple (S)
Pear (S)

Lunch
Mushrooms (S)
2 Linda McCartney sausages (1 syn)
Slimming World Chips (sweet potato)

Dinner
Rice noodles
Baby corn (S)
Sugar snap peas (S)
Mushroom (S)
Carrot (S)
Brown rice miso paste (0.5 syns)

Snacks
Banana
Funsize Mars bar (4 syns)
Candy Kitten wild Strawberries (9.5)

HEA - Alpro Oat Milk
HEB - Hifi bar x 2

Ending on 15 Syns

X

:):)Hi Cherene! Wow a great start eh?:):)
Well done!! I’ve been on slimming World before but not really given it a chance, but this time I’m determined to stay with it! I’ve never done VLCDs myself so I can’t comment on those but I don’t think I could be that disciplined!!:eek::eek:o_O
What I like about sw is the huge choice of foods especially free food that you can eat and still enjoy a few treats AND lose weight!!
Re water intake, that was my downfall but I’ve bought myself one of those motivational water bottles, it holds 900ml and I aim for 3 a day when I’m at home and 2-3 on a work day
(Trying to upload pic!!:rolleyes:)

Which has really helped. I aim for 3 of these a day.
Good luck with your sw journey !!

Back