My story warts n all....I've started

Sorry I never got back here yesterday to update my diary but it was a crazy and very busy day.
In answer to questions re lemon body wash, lol no it didn't make me hungry; but it was lovely and fresh and a great treat.

Yesterday morning morning my runaway chicken Gucci fell off her perch and injured her leg. We made a nest on the floor of the hen house, gave her food and water and she seemed quite bright and perky; however this morning we found her dead. Its very sad after she managed to escape being fox supper, then she falls of her perch and ends up dead. Poor girl as she was a lovely bird and a fabulous mum. I hope her offspring are as good as her.

I spent 4 hours yesterday washing slicing & blanching leeks and cabbages for the freezer. I now have about 20 kilos of veg that I have somehow got to fit in the freezers today. Think I need a tardis.

I think I must have been retaining fluid for a few days as last night for no apparent reason I was up 6 times peeing in the night; so I better have lost weight this week.

We got word last night that my younger brother has been promoted and is being transfered to Hong Kong for 4 years in the next month or so. The good thing is that we will see him and his family next week while we are in uk, so will see them before they move. And how exciting is this, we will be having a holiday in Hong Kong next year!!!! I always wanted to go to the orient but thought it would never happen; and now it will. So that is definately a motivator to get this weight off, so I look good in Hong Kong, Wooo Hooo.

It's friday again and guess what we are waiting again for the chimney sweep; he better come today. I rang him yesterday to confirm his appointment and he said yes it was ok and he would be here at 8.15am, it's now almost 8.30 and no sign of him. If he doesn't come today I am going to sack him and find another.

So my plan today is to walk the dog after the sweep has been.
cram veggies in freezer
hoover and dust house, clean bathrooms
do my ironing
find holdall and suitcase in loft
mow lawn
that should keep me out of trouble for a while.
catch you later

I'm sorry to hear about gucci FF. My dad rescues battery hens, and has geese, guniea foul and ducks. I know whats its like when they are your pets and something happens to them and then they pass. Sending you hugs.

Sad news about Gucci the hen, i live in fear of finding one of my son's goldfish dead, so anything larger must be awful!

Exciting about Hong Kong though - i too have always fancied visiting far east but i find the thought of the language barrier and the huge cultural differences quite daunting. A friend has been a lot though, and say's it's amazing. My son always tells me he wants to go to Shanghai, but he's 3 and i think he just likes the word!

Thetrigos, please don't ever let the thought of language barriers, cultural differences put you off going anywhere. Sieze the day, life is not a dress rehearsal, so make the most of every opportunity. When we moved to france I only had schoolgirl french and hubby had bonjour. Now we get on well with the language and the culture. I am really excited about the thought of going to Hong Kong as it will be another thing ticked on my bucket list. Not sure I will be able to understand their language but many speak english, but I will endeaver to learn the polite words, hello, good bye, please, thank you, yes and no and where are the toilets lol.

Now just have to start saving up, one of these days I will be able to afford a new kitchen and not keep earmarking the money for something else. My kitchen is rubbish and I keep limping on with it; I can dream of a new one tho.

Thanks for the kind thoughts for my little lady; hopefully her daughter will turn out to be as ggod a hen as she was.

awww poor Gucci that must have come as a shock :(. You have her legacy here's hoping she does well xx

WOW a trip to Honk Kong how wonderful, hope your brother settles there and enjoys the life.

Sooooo glad your sweep came this morning, about time too lol ;)

Sounds like you have a packed day ahead, keep busy xx

I decided to juggle my work load today as I decided to do a spot of sunbathing; I know I don't usually do it but I decided that maybe I should top up the tan before the trip to UK. I did mow the lawn, went to the recycle centre with glass and cardboard, picked the raspberries and then thought sod it! so I got the loungers out, got my book and sat in the sun for a couple of hours; I actually fell asleep and it was lovely. So I still have jobs to do over the weekend.
I decided to try some trousers on tonight to see if they would fit me for my trip and I can now get into my size 18's no problem, in fact there is a little room, but size 16 still too small. I have so much more choice of clothes to take with me now, yippeee!!!

It's the weekend again and we are having a lazy start to the day. My dh is watching the rugby world cup and I am catching up on here. It will be around 11am before we are going to do anything else. We plan our dog walk, then back home for lunch which for me today is going to be crisps made from soup (they are lovely, but tomato not as good as the other flavours), this afternoon I WILL do my ironing and then that is it I am clocking off and going to sit in the sun again for a few hours, topping the tan up lol.
Tomorrow will be cleaning day, you know how you clean the house before hols lol and change bedding. very Peter Kay I know but I've always done it.
Monday will be weigh day and packing clothes and making sure I have all my packs for the trip.

I jumped on the scales this morning to see how things were going and I am very pleased with my loss so far this week. I would love to be able to drop a few more pounds in the next 2 days. So fingers crossed for monday.

I need to have a little RANT, well ok a big one. Why oh why do some people think that rules do not apply to them really gets me mad! We were out on our lake walk this morning; the reason we do this walk is because all dogs have to be on leads, and on the man-made beach, dogs are forbidden full stop! Our rescue dog has issues with other dogs and as a fear response will fight another dog if it comes near to her; so on a lead we can keep her away from other dogs on leads and we all have a pleasant walk. Well today a stupid english woman thought the rules did not apply to her and we went round a bend on the path to be met by 2 young exuberant labradors; immediately Elsa's hackles were up. The dogs came running and barking playfully towards her but she was in protection mode and scared and went for one of the dogs. We hauled her off and was shouting at the dogs, then the english owner sauntered round the corner and started to call her dogs back. She must have walked past 10 signs showing dogs must be on leads, but obviously they were not meant for her. I ranted at her and she did eventually apologise, I explained I wasn't fearing for my dog but for hers and they should not be running free.
Then when we got to the beach, big signs up showing bathing prohibited now season is over, no dogs on beach and dogs on path need leads. What do we see a large english family with jack russell dog running free up and down the beach and the kids all swimming in the water. Is it just me or do these rules not apply to everyone; and why does it have to be english people ignoring the rules. It makes me embarrased to be english when I see how some of them behave.
Sorry Rant over

After I calmed down we went visiting friends before our uk trip and now all I have to do today is some ironing, so a bit of a chill day really.
I have just had some crisps made with the thai chicken soup and put a sprinkling of chilli flakes in them and they were to die for.
I may do a spot of sunbathing after the ironing.

I need to have a little RANT, well ok a big one. Why oh why do some people think that rules do not apply to them really gets me mad! We were out on our lake walk this morning; the reason we do this walk is because all dogs have to be on leads, and on the man-made beach, dogs are forbidden full stop! Our rescue dog has issues with other dogs and as a fear response will fight another dog if it comes near to her; so on a lead we can keep her away from other dogs on leads and we all have a pleasant walk. Well today a stupid english woman thought the rules did not apply to her and we went round a bend on the path to be met by 2 young exuberant labradors; immediately Elsa's hackles were up. The dogs came running and barking playfully towards her but she was in protection mode and scared and went for one of the dogs. We hauled her off and was shouting at the dogs, then the english owner sauntered round the corner and started to call her dogs back. She must have walked past 10 signs showing dogs must be on leads, but obviously they were not meant for her. I ranted at her and she did eventually apologise, I explained I wasn't fearing for my dog but for hers and they should not be running free.
Then when we got to the beach, big signs up showing bathing prohibited now season is over, no dogs on beach and dogs on path need leads. What do we see a large english family with jack russell dog running free up and down the beach and the kids all swimming in the water. Is it just me or do these rules not apply to everyone; and why does it have to be english people ignoring the rules. It makes me embarrased to be english when I see how some of them behave.
Sorry Rant over

After I calmed down we went visiting friends before our uk trip and now all I have to do today is some ironing, so a bit of a chill day really.
I have just had some crisps made with the thai chicken soup and put a sprinkling of chilli flakes in them and they were to die for.
I may do a spot of sunbathing after the ironing.

FF I totally agree with you there! We were walking our dog the other morning, she is a little jack russell yorkie cross and we rescused her. Now I know she is unneutered (but not in season atm) and everyone was letting there dogs run about like nutters. Now lilly is full of beans and I wouldn't trust her off the lead. She is a well socailised dog but if she doesnt like someone or a dog and they come near her, she will heckle up and fight.

The other morning this man was just letting his run about and his dog started to set my dog at first and once I had commaned her to be nice she relaxed a little but this dog then decide he wanted to play so the had a little bum sniff and then this dog tried to hump my lilly and wouldnt leave her alone, the dog then tried to attack her and was snapping and gorwling and I had to pick lilly up. Now I always keep her close to me as she isnt always the best behaved dog and this bloke saw what was going on and just completely ignored what his dog was doing.

And i went mental, I said to him that if his dog can't leave others dogs alone then his dog should be on a lead and that he was an irrisposible pet owners leaving all the owness on me to make sure his dog didn't attack my dog. To this he said if I didnt trust his dog why was i letting his dog near mine, and I said to him my dog is on a short lead next to me! it was his dog and that his dog is his responsibilty and if he didnt trust me dog then he was to control his dog, to which he called me a stupid and as I turned around his dog was pooing on the bowls green only to get caught by the local dog warden and he got a £75 fine for the dog poo as he went to walk away and leave and then got fined by the bowling green committee!!

I chuckled as I walked away!

kizzle said:
FF I totally agree with you there! We were walking our dog the other morning, she is a little jack russell yorkie cross and we rescused her. Now I know she is unneutered (but not in season atm) and everyone was letting there dogs run about like nutters. Now lilly is full of beans and I wouldn't trust her off the lead. She is a well socailised dog but if she doesnt like someone or a dog and they come near her, she will heckle up and fight.

The other morning this man was just letting his run about and his dog started to set my dog at first and once I had commaned her to be nice she relaxed a little but this dog then decide he wanted to play so the had a little bum sniff and then this dog tried to hump my lilly and wouldnt leave her alone, the dog then tried to attack her and was snapping and gorwling and I had to pick lilly up. Now I always keep her close to me as she isnt always the best behaved dog and this bloke saw what was going on and just completely ignored what his dog was doing.

And i went mental, I said to him that if his dog can't leave others dogs alone then his dog should be on a lead and that he was an irrisposible pet owners leaving all the owness on me to make sure his dog didn't attack my dog. To this he said if I didnt trust his dog why was i letting his dog near mine, and I said to him my dog is on a short lead next to me! it was his dog and that his dog is his responsibilty and if he didnt trust me dog then he was to control his dog, to which he called me a stupid and as I turned around his dog was pooing on the bowls green only to get caught by the local dog warden and he got a £75 fine for the dog poo as he went to walk away and leave and then got fined by the bowling green committee!!

I chuckled as I walked away!

Lmao love it!! Hate people like that! Shouldn't be allowed a dog if you can't be responsible

Lmao love it!! Hate people like that! Shouldn't be allowed a dog if you can't be responsible

Exactly, I may only be 23, but I'm a resposible pet owner and I just wish some other peole were as concientious I guess.

But they all will get there come upance one day :)

There used to be a man who lived up my road and he had the most beautiful and loving staffie, but he wouldn't shut his gate and used to let his dog roam up and down the road on her own, she wasn't very road wary and I dreaded that one day some thing would happen to her. Then I was at work one day and the dog warden brought the dog in ( I used to work for the council on a recpetion and environmental health was one of the dept I did admin for) and put her in the kennels. He ended up getting a huge bill off the council for £600.29 as his dog was in kennels for 3 weeks! he hadn't even bothered to look for her. I said to him if he really didn't care that much then I would buy her off him and he refused! There was no point in the having the dog, unfourtunatly the dog ended up getting hit by a car and had to be put down due to her injuries. Was such a shame as she was gorgeous!

kizzle said:
Exactly, I may only be 23, but I'm a resposible pet owner and I just wish some other peole were as concientious I guess.

But they all will get there come upance one day :)

There used to be a man who lived up my road and he had the most beautiful and loving staffie, but he wouldn't shut his gate and used to let his dog roam up and down the road on her own, she wasn't very road wary and I dreaded that one day some thing would happen to her. Then I was at work one day and the dog warden brought the dog in ( I used to work for the council on a recpetion and environmental health was one of the dept I did admin for) and put her in the kennels. He ended up getting a huge bill off the council for £600.29 as his dog was in kennels for 3 weeks! he hadn't even bothered to look for her. I said to him if he really didn't care that much then I would buy her off him and he refused! There was no point in the having the dog, unfourtunatly the dog ended up getting hit by a car and had to be put down due to her injuries. Was such a shame as she was gorgeous!

That's so sad :(

Kizzle love the fine for the dog poo. I always carry nappy baga and pick up my dog's poo and think others should do the same. In a lot of the french cities there are bag dispensers around, free so that people can pick up their dogs mess, but still some people ignore it and walk away.

Kizzle love the fine for the dog poo. I always carry nappy baga and pick up my dog's poo and think others should do the same. In a lot of the french cities there are bag dispensers around, free so that people can pick up their dogs mess, but still some people ignore it and walk away.

Every pocket of every trouser, coat, cardi, jumper i own has a dog poo bag in it!

And really? now thats just lazy!

We woke this morning very early to Jimmy our cockeral singing away; now he can stop that! he usually only sings in the afternoon, so why he decided to do it this morning is beyond me, but it was still dark. Anyway my dh brought me a coffee in bed and my half bar, so I suppose that constitutes breakfast in bed lol. He's a gem and I do love him to bits.

Our poor dog had one of her epileptic fits last night; not sure if the heat was a trigger but she appears fine this morning so we will be doing the lake walk and hopefully not meeting any irresponsible dog owners.

I am going to wash all the pet bedding today and get it put out on the line, so they have lovely fresh smelling bedding for after their holidays.
Then I really must do some ironing too. I have had a few really lazy days, but I have to admit it's been nice as it's been so hot. Our house sitters are coming tomorrow evening for their instructions for cats and chickens, so also want to have done my housework before they come.

It's been a beautiful sunny day yet again and I have done well. The dog has been walked; All pet bedding washed and dried on line; all clothes washing and towels done and dried on line. (don't you just love to see washing hung on a line, well I do, spose I am a bit sad lol)
Ironing all done and aired ready to be put away later.
Jars ready for bottling tomatoes tomorrow.
Painted my toenails a wonderful cerise colour, lovely. one of my non food treats.
Got all my Exante packed up ready for trip and know how many lots of crisps I need to make to take with me.
Found headlamp deflectors for driving in UK.

Hubby is cleaning out the inside of the car and I am having a bit of fizz. His dinner is all prepped and I am now looking forward to my soup in a little while and then my half bar and a coffee while watching x-factor then Downton Abbey followed by the Only Way is Essex. Now thats what I call a good night lol.

My list is getting shorter for my jobs to be done by Tuesday and I will start to wind down a little, but not too much as I could get bored.
I also don't know how much I will be able to get online while away tokeep my diary updated; but I will take my laptop and do my best to make an entry everyday.

Back