Working Solutions My time has come...AGAIN!!! ;-) May Madness!!!

Hope you're fully fighting fit soon Conor. Isn't it strange though that when we feel ill, the first instinctual response is to assume some sort of food will make us feel better. In some cases I don't doubt it does but not in all cases - sometimes we're ill just because 'we're ill' and no food will make that better.

Keep glugging the water and get well soon :)

Oh RD, I feel much much better this evening. I am just back after going for a power walk on the waterfront, accompanied by my trusty Boxer. It was a mild but windy night, and it was just invigorating getting the full blast of the sea breeze to blow all the cobwebs away.

The walking is soooo much easier now that I'm not hauling around the extra stone and a half.

Scales STS this morning settled grimly on 19 stone dead... it just could n't oblige a few ounces so I could see the 18 stone digits looking back at me...hopefully this is the week that I will be bidding adieu to the 19 stones for good!!!

All the best,

Conor

Dropping into that next stone bracket down is SUCH a boost - even if it's 'something' and 13lb :)

I'm sure you'll manage that in the next day or so - when you do, be sure to come and shout it from the rooftops :)

lol RD, you can be sure I will... I was sure the scales would have cheered me up this morning, but no, I have STS since Saturday, but I'm determined go remain TS for the rest of the week. I'd love a 4lb lkss to give me a loss of a stone in 2 weeks... Time will tell.

Thanks for all the encouragement,

Conor

FINALLY!!! The scales behaved... 18st 12lbs - a drop of 2lbs after STS for 4 days, at last, it's paying off. ;)

I'm not risking coming out of ketosis again after the misery of Monday & Tuesday. I'm going to try and incorpotate a bit of exercise, daily, if nothing else, it's head repairs!:D

Best of luck to all to-day,

Conor

Woohoo go Conor. That power walk has done some good ;).

Keep it up buddy. xxx

Oh Ali,

I went through Hell the last 4 days to shed those two pounds!
It must have been ketosis related, but there was nothing pleasant about how I felt on Mon & Tues. I felt as ill as a small hospital!!!

Just passed my favourite lunch restaurant and I was SOOOOOO tempted to "reward" myself with a 3 course Chinese meal with my son...but I drove past and had my Thai Chicken soup instead. If I can just stay TS 100%, I might loose the 2 lbs I need to hit my 1st stone target in 2 weeks.

I'm going to give it my best shot! ;)

Conor

Well done Conor, keep up the good work :) It's a fantastic feeling when you go down to the next stone bracket - can't wait until I do again!
Hazel
x

Thanks a mill, Hazel. You're doing great girl, slow & steady wins the race ;)

Conor

Fantastic Conor, getting into the next stone bracket is always such a boost, and well done for not stopping and 'rewarding yourself' - the scales wouldn't have thanked you the next day ;)

Keep up the good work :) x

WTG Conor!! Whoop whoop!!

:bliss:

How are you doing Conor? Well done on driving past the Chinese :D

Haven't seen you here much, are you struggling hun??
Keep drinking that water ;)

xx

Hi nursie, no I;ve been up to my eyes with work and this evening Jr & I are babysitting my two year old niece while her Mum & Dad head away for a night away in a plush hotel. Sticking grimly to my TS, still have to have my bar and another 2 ltr of water before bedtime.

Little one gone down for the night (hopefully), time to change over from BabyTV! ;)

Awwww good on you babysitting a 2yr old, bet she gave you some exercise running around though. So nice her parents could have some time to themselves. Hope you are treating yourself to some chill-out time too :).
I'm finding the water hard to get down now the weather is colder, you? I have a flask of boiled filled to save electricity and drink it hot instead. You been power-walking since ;).

Keep it up Conor, hope you're WI tomorrow is a great one. xx

Just popped by to say Hi xx

Hi Conor

Just popping in to continue to offer support and a listening ear. Well done for sticking to TS over the weekend - it's a big danger zone for us on this diet as most people are letting their hair down by having take-aways, going out to eat and having a drinkie or two ... it's easy to feel a bit left out.

I feel like **** tonight as I think I'm coming down with something. Drat and double drat!! I have one day to recover sufficiently to get back to the grindstone on Monday. Life ... It's a real Forth Bridge scenario ain't it?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Good evening ladies, apologies for my absence, but I had my hands full with my niece. I had their house spic & span when they arrived home, and the little one was soooooo excited to see them, that she jumped up & down, and spontaneously filled her nappy!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I felt So bad, as if we had left the little mite in a bad nappy for the week-end!!! It could only happen me...

Didn't feel hungry all day so just had water. When I came home, I prepared a chicken stir fry, with a simple chicken breast, spices & herbs and five different veg. All ketosis friendly, I believe. I will have at least 2ltrs more water before bedtime.

I did contemplate going the TakeAway route this evening, but I resisted. I may have a mug of husks before bedtime, as the reduced dose I've been taking haven't done the job.

Jr has a pal over to-night, I think they are planning a lengthy session on X-box upstairs, so I'll leave them to it.
Actually, the night is so mild and dry, I think I'll take the dogs for a walk after the News.

I will be 3 weeks off off the booze to-morrow, and of all my achievements, I value that the most.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies,

Conor

Well done Conor - huge kudos for you in resisting all the usual weekend temptations.

I haven't had a drop of wine since Oct 20th ... I ALWAYS enjoyed a tipple at the weekend. Now I'm just having fizzy water! :(

We're so amazing aren't we? lol

We certainly are, RD, simply AMAZING!!! ;)

Well I am delighted to report that the scales have finally behaved. I jumped on them at 7.30 am to see the digits 18.10 smile up at me! Its taken me an extra day, but I've shifted a stone in 15 days! I can't believe it! :cool:

I know that weight loss seems modest in comparison to others on here, but like everything else in life, I tend to do things the hard way, but I get there in the end. My initial target, which I felt was realistic was 2 stone off by Christmas, well I'm half way there with almost 5 weeks to go, so hopefully I'll be able to stick to it and continue to avoid temptations.

My eldest arrived home with two mates, for a sleep over, so we had pizza delivered not once but twice to this house last night. I avoided it but did have a chicken nugget & a few wedges. Would have been rude not to! :D

I am 21 days off the booze, for that I am deeply grateful :)

Best of luck to all who are finding this road tough, just as I am, give it time, it has taken you a lifetime to put this weight on, give it time to shift also. It will happen, its just a matter of When!

Up now to face my tablespoon of husks :rolleyes:

All the best,

Conor

Where are my manners???

I have had the enormous pleasure of updating my Ticker & signature. I am now within 10 BMI points of being Healthy!

I couldn't have achieved this success on my own, previous failed attempts proved that! So to all you lovely people who helped and supported me by contributing to my thread, or PM'd me, or were honest & truthful on your own threads, I owe you one and all a sincere word of gratitude. Thanks for being there for me on the good days and bad. Hopefully, we'll be having more good days on our shared weight loss journeys.

All the best,

Conor x

Back