Working Solutions My time has come...AGAIN!!! ;-) May Madness!!!

Well done Conor, keep going you're doing fab! You provide lots of support to others on here, so you definitely deserve some back.
Hazel
x

Ah shucks, Hazel, you're too kind. :rolleyes: (Couldn't find the embarrassed smiley)

Delighted to see that you are having steady, consistent losses each week. Looks like you and I are taking the scenic route to the finish line, slow & steady is our motto! ;)

Conor

Fantastic Conor, slow and steady gets there.

Every loss counts no matter how long it takes :) each pound adds up, when you look at the cumulative total over a month does it really matter how much our weekly loss is??

Have you read this poem?
http://www.minimins.com/exante/239665-only-1-pound.html

Keep on keeping on xxx

Thanks for the poem Ali. All solid advice. I had a little roast pork and six stir fried veg...all K friendly. Off now to bring the hound for a walk (or vice versa!). Typical me, I let the daylight get away from me. Not to worry, I have my trusty flashlight!

Catch you later,

Conor

Just back after an hour walk with my trusty Boxer. Not the success I had hoped for, on a dark country road, just a flashlight to guide our way, so couldn't build up any pace. Got through it, will leave that route for daylight from now on.

Bets of luck minis,

Conor

Evening Conor and well done on your loss this week! A stone off by Xmas is totally doable and I am hoping to do the same :D

Well done on the no booze also! xx

Thanks Sarette, thanks for the Thanks ;)

Yes, I welcome all comers, all those who believe we can do this together, pound by pound, stone by stone. I hope to be here for the long haul, and this journey will be spread over a reasonable number of months to give my mind and body time to adjust my NEED for food.

As the matron of my boarding school used to say "You eat to live, not live to eat" - well no-body lived looking forward to the cr*p she fed us! :8855:

Now back to my Powerplate!

Game On Ladies! ;)

Conor

I hope to be here for the long haul, and this journey will be spread over a reasonable number of months to give my mind and body time to adjust my NEED for food.

This is my thinking too... i worry if i lose it too quickly my body won't adjust and when i start eating again will grab onto whatever it can! It's as much about the mind as the body too, we need to come to terms with being totally different people in our bodies and our attitude to food, and that takes time - i don't lose super quickly but even for what i have lost, my mind hasn't caught up yet!

Have a good day :) x

Good morning Santa Little Helpers,

I hopped on the scales this morning & I had blissfully dropped 2lbs! :eek:

Anyone who cares to participate in our Countdown to Christmas are welcome, welcome, welcome!

Christmas Challange - HO,HO,HO:Christmas02r:
Starting Weight : Celtic Tiger - 260lbs

Hey Conor how's your day been?

Good night Ali, all well in this camp. Been busy with meetings all day, then finally my sons Parent Teavher Meeting. I hit the gym after that to relieve some stress! Its a shame when children don't push themselves to a fraction of their potential. It sets up mental barriers that will hold them back all their lives.

Sadly, you can't put an old head on young shoulders, or maybe its just as well.

Diet wise, I had a shake and a steak & stir fry k friendly veg. Just managed 2 litres of agua, must try harder tomorrow!

Must pop over to yours now & see how you're doing.

Conor

I can imagine parent evening being very frustrating... my two are only young but it must feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall trying to make them realise their potential and the importance of their futures! Mine get parents evening at nursery, but at 1 and 3 it really only extends to sleeping habits and finger painting :) Well done for hitting the gym, it was always ritual after my parents evenings when i was younger to hit the local takeaway!

Its a shame when children don't push themselves to a fraction of their potential. It sets up mental barriers that will hold them back all their lives.

Sadly, you can't put an old head on young shoulders, or maybe its just as well.

Parent's evening make me cringe! I used to get soooo wound up!
It made me realise how bad some teachers are too!! For 2 years I had a teacher telling me that DS would not knuckle down, didn't do his homework, took no interest in the subject etc etc. Then, we decided to move him to another class as we thought the teacher and he didn't get along, clash of personalities and boy were we right! His 'new' teacher in the next parent's evening and every one after that said she didn't know what the problem Miss X had with him but he was doing very well.
He has never been the strongest academically and every teacher would say that he needs to work much harder if he wants to get the grades.

Last year his GCSE results shocked us all with A's and B's so don't be too hard on them they will show their potential when they need to.

He is now working towards 3 'A' levels and a BTEC in Engineering. xx

Evening ladies,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on children, every parents frustration, we so want them to do well, that it hurts when teachers report back that they are not working to their potential.

However, you hear such horror stories of self-harm & even worse, that it is very difficult to gauge how far to push/encourage. Better too little than too much.

Thanks for sharing,

Conor

Hey Conor, how's your day been? You been a good boy ;) :p

Hi Ali, sadly no. At 1130pm the night before last, I got a phonecall from a tenant 180 miles away to say the house flooded due to a burst pipe. So I was on the road 05.30am yesterday to get there, check it out and meet an assessor. I wouldn't mind but I had only spent about £20,000 on the house during the summer as it had been vandalised by the previous tenant.

So yesterday, I had my coffee to get on the road and a bar mid morning.But the house was freezing, no light or heat for fear of electrocution, so we went and had a roast lunch to warm our bones as we were perished. :break_diet:

Its so depressing to see the damage done by water.

I had a packet of sweets as I drove the 180 miles return journey home last night, fell asleep on the sofa when I got in and just woke a little while ago. Tucked up now, but I can't get back to sleep :eek:

Anyway, to-morrows another day! On the plus side, I did manage to avoid KFC's en route, there & back. But it was mighty tempting...

Anyway, nobody died, or got injured. I'll need to crack on to get it habitable for my tenant for Christmas.

Sweet dreams,

Conor

Oh! Conor, how did you get a burst pipe? Couldn't have been frozen yet?
Water does make so much damage and you are so far away from it it's quite a journey for you. :(
The roast dinner must have been fab :) you made a good choice, as you said KFC etc would have been much worse.

Thanks Ali, no frost damage, just a plumbing part failed, it weakened and finally burst. It was a pressurised system, so gallons escaped in a short time before the emergency plumber & electrician arrived.

I think I feel the cold all the more being on the diet, I find it impossible to warm up these days. Dreaded weigh in is to-morrow morning, maybe the stress of it all helped me burn a few calories.

I just saw you had a 2 lb loss this week, I'll do very well to match that.

Keep going strong,

Conor

Well D-Day has finally arrived, and sad to report a STS. Very disappointing as I was 2lbs down mid-week, but I strayed out of ketosis with the roast lunch Thurs and last night I cooked a Goan Prawn Curry with brown Basmati rice. I payed the price this morning. This is going to be very difficult as I have been invited to sporting & social events between this & Christmas including my birthday. I hope I can keep it together between this and Christmas. the only comfort is that I am much lighter than if I had not started this programme until January 2012.

Best of luck to you all,

Conor

Back