Working Solutions My time has come...AGAIN!!! ;-) May Madness!!!

Conor, I'm doing the TS because I want to get the weight knocked on the head as soon as possible. I have a wedding to go to at start of July and am really going at it 100mph until then! I have a holiday in June to Cyprus where I will be doing WS for that week. I stopped drinking in June 2010 so that's nearly 2 years off it and it definitely helps with keeping the pounds off! I completely understand your reasons for doing the WS. Family is important and I imagine more so at this time of year with exams approaching! I have none of my own so can allow myself to be selfish! :) Good luck with it all! :)

Hey Conor, good to see you back. You will soon be in the swing of it again.
WS worked for you last time, the boys come first and you will still get the losses just a little slower.

So glad the weather is improving so walking the dogs becomes a bit more enjoyable ;) Catch up soon Ali xx

Good evening folks, and what a lovely surprise to see all your contributions! Thank you one and all for your support and good wishes. It is re-assuring to see so many old friends dropping by and some new ones, I will need all the help I can to shift this lard for once and for all. So far to-day I've had at least 3 lt of water, started back with my Psyllium Husks and had my orange bar. I'll have one or two soups later as necessary. I had forgotton how cold your hands get, must be from handling the cold pint glasses, mind you it never bothered me when they're full of Carsberg...:D:D:D

Looking forward to another 40 minute walk with the dogs after dinner with my boys. Better get cracking on that now. I am looking forward to catching up on some of your diaries later. ( Yeah, I'm a nosey git ) :rolleyes:

Just popping in to say a big welcome back :D
I'm restarting today after a planned break...hoping to get a decent chunk of my 8.5lb gain gone fairly swiftly :) There seems to be quite a few people re-starting or re-focussing this week so you're in good company!

Sounds like you've been planning well - that can be half the battle can't it? And I do agree that WS is probably the best solution for you at the moment. Despite prefering to eat my evening meal in front of the TV when I was a teenager, I'm grateful now that my parents insisted on sitting at the table.

Good luck for this coming stint Conor. I'll look forward to hearing about your progress in the coming weeks :)

Hi Alex, Jeez, I wouldn't recognize you in your photo... you're a different lady, and sure The Man must only be a shadow of his former self...hehehe I'm kicking myself that I hadn't the moxy to stay with it, I could be a completely different person too. However, I have prevaricated for long enough, I am ready now to downsize for the last time. I look forward to being part of the Minimins community once again.

Continued successes,

Conor x

Well, reporting in on Day 3 - I am drinking at least 3 litres of water a day, and so far so good. I have just had the Tomato & Basil soup, and I have to say it was quiet acceptable, bordering on pleasant!

I can definitely confirm that my mind is much clearer, not constantly tired and in a fog from eating carbs. Furthermore, I am sleeping like a log, waking refreshed after a good night's sleep. Also being off the booze helps and is a Bonus, but I have drank so little year to date that it's hardly worth mentioning.

I had the privilege of spending yesterday afternoon with my folks. It was Mum's 80th birthday, (mind you we've been celebrating it for the past fortnight) and we had a delightful afternoon in glorious sunshine driving the highways and by-ways of County Wicklow (mainly around where Ballykissangel was filmed) and she was in her element. The poor woman is in for an MRI this afternoon, and hopefully will be having her plaster cast removed from her arm to-day also after 12 weeks.

Finally, I had a sneaky peek on the scales, and I am delighted to report that the number of pounds started with 27* and not the 280lbs that I started on, so already it's working!

Positive vibes to you all, and for those thinking about trying it, GO FOR IT!

Fond regards,

Conor

Have a fab day 3 Conor. Hope all goes well for your mum :hug99: xx

Excellent Conor! Great to see the scales going down. :) Being off the booze is absolutely massive. I've not touched a drop since June 2010 so approaching 2 years now and I honestly thought I'd miss it but I haven't at all. Not sure if I'll ever drink again. Only temptation is on a sunny afternoon! Keep up the good work!

Dave.

Hi Conor, You Wicklow lads kept all the sunshine for yourselves cos there was only rain in Kildare!! And hail.

Stick with this diet. It works. Really fast And it does get a whole lot easier after week three. I know ppl say week one but I found that after week 3 I just got into a groove and now I am there and I am not coming out til I am 9 stone. Its just habit now. The effort required on this diet is significantly less than that required to achieve success with WW or Slimming World and you dont have to go to a meeting and be lectured at! Win Win.

Belle

Have a fab day 3 Conor. Hope all goes well for your mum :hug99: xx

Thanks gigglepants, yep she had a great day, got the plaster off and is feeling like a new woman! Thanks for your kind wishes.

Conor

Excellent Conor! Great to see the scales going down. :) Being off the booze is absolutely massive. I've not touched a drop since June 2010 so approaching 2 years now and I honestly thought I'd miss it but I haven't at all. Not sure if I'll ever drink again. Only temptation is on a sunny afternoon! Keep up the good work!

Dave.

Wow Dave, that is some achievement being off the booze for that period of time. Unfortunately, most of my social life involves boozy occasions. It's tough being off it, but I feel the better for it. Like to-night, all my mates are in the pub watching the Leinster v Ulster rugby match, I doubt I'd enjoy it or their company sipping water or Coke Zero. Maybe that will change with time...

Thanks for dropping by,

Conor

Hi Conor, You Wicklow lads kept all the sunshine for yourselves cos there was only rain in Kildare!! And hail.

Stick with this diet. It works. Really fast And it does get a whole lot easier after week three. I know ppl say week one but I found that after week 3 I just got into a groove and now I am there and I am not coming out til I am 9 stone. Its just habit now. The effort required on this diet is significantly less than that required to achieve success with WW or Slimming World and you dont have to go to a meeting and be lectured at! Win Win.

Belle

Failte Belle,
It's lovely to have another shrinking Mini from the Shamrock Shore. ;)
Talk about weather, I had a guy doing work on my roof to-day, and it was glorious sunshine, 20 minutes after he left we had a hail shower!!! Yep, this is my second attempt on here, and no doubt it works when you see the awesome results some people have enjoyed. Already, I have seen a drop from my starting weight, but being off the booze and bad eating habits was bound to pay dividends. It certainly seems to be working for you. Almost 2 and a half stone down already, Good for you.

Keep in the groove,

Conor

Greetings Minis,
Thanks to all my well wishers. Well I am really and truly back on the wagon. I am drinking my 3lt of water a day, taking my Psyllium Husks and plodding along WS. The boys have embraced the healthier diet also, so that's a major bonus for me. The eldest lad is just in from hurling training and rather than put on cr*p, he stir fried broccoli in olive oil, fair play to him.

Well I finally booked our family holiday this afternoon. I have rented a classy villa in Murcia, Spain for two weeks. I am delighted, as I was getting bored with the same old, same old apartments for silly money, so I booked it and the flights for August 4th. Now wouldn't I be the proud man if I had shed 2 to 3 stone by then....

I have avoided the scales for the past couple of days, but I expect to loose about 5lbs this week, as I'm keeping to plan the best I can. No major side effects, an occasional threatening headache, but I just get another 500ml of boiled water into me and that seems to sort it. It's great not feeling tired and sluggish from the carbs, what a welcome change...

I need to pick up the exercise a bit, but hopefully I will get in a good walk in the morning. Well that's about it. I can see from the threads I have visited that the weight is melting off you all.

Continued successes,

Conor

Woohoo a great incentive, you can get 2-3 stone off by then no probs ;) Great to see the boys are embracing a healthy lifestyle now too. You are a great role-model for them and a great dad.
Your poor mum had the cast on for ages, how's your dad these days is he better too?

Woohoo a great incentive, you can get 2-3 stone off by then no probs ;) Great to see the boys are embracing a healthy lifestyle now too. You are a great role-model for them and a great dad.
Your poor mum had the cast on for ages, how's your dad these days is he better too?

Thanks Ali, I sure hope so. I never again want to see 280lbs (20 stone) on a weighing scales! Yep, she has had the full slab to the shoulder for the past 12 weeks, but she broke it in two places and her age is against her, she's doing great besides... this too will pass. The old man is hail and hearty at 85 years young, he has raise his game by doing Mum's bidding from assisting her getting dressed to making endless rounds of tea. He has a fantastic appetite, God Bless him, we all do, hence the weight problem :rolleyes:

Good to hear everything is getting better and you can concentrate on yourself for a change :)

Just get the boys through their exams now ;) Well done on your abstinence from alcohol. I could have done with a G&T tonight after the day I had so I had a large sparkling water with loads of crushed ice! My imagination runs away with me sometimes lol

Good to hear everything is getting better and you can concentrate on yourself for a change :)

Just get the boys through their exams now ;) Well done on your abstinence from alcohol. I could have done with a G&T tonight after the day I had so I had a large sparkling water with loads of crushed ice! My imagination runs away with me sometimes lol

Would you not chance a glass of vino, Ali ? I thought I read on the list (sticky) that vino was allowed as well as spirits, but I don't care for spirits, so I plan to have the occasional glass of Merlot with my protein & veggies stir-frys.

Back