My Weight Story 2014!

I just can't get motivated and my size is just getting me rock bottom

Think I'm having a senior moment! I thought I'd replied to this but can't see it now (either that or my post is here and there's a prob with my sight!) so will try again!

Know just where ur coming from - been there myself - look at my sign in name - that weight is when I started here not my heaviest by a long way!!

How about trying to reduce what ur eating and choosing things that are a bit healthier and see how that goes - u might feel better about urself for having take some control but without going the whole hog - reckon if u did that for a little while (how long is up to u!)
Hopefully if u did it u'd lose a little weight and lift ur mood too cos u'd have taken control.

Then u might feel ready to step it up a bit and reduce things more - until ur ready to choose what'd be best to lose the rest of ur weight - u could go down the healthy eating route like Claire here which is probably the most sensible way but if u need more structure like me - there's loads of diets, eating plans etc to follow.

Keep reading and posting here - u'll get loads of support and info.

The threads (on Slimming World section) called 'So here we go' started by fat2go and' LJ's journey to be Slim by Sixty' started by LJ22 are good threads (even if ur not on SW) and would welcome u and give advice (I'm not on commission btw). There'll be loads of others u'd like I'm sure. Good luck and take care.

Excellent loss this week updown well done you. I often say to friends start slowly by reducing portion sizes and choosing healthier options, tend to find some of my friends jump in and go the whole hog and a couple of weeks in they pack it up because they are fed up. So excellent advice! X

I agree, I'm finding simply making better choices, swapping bad for slightly less bad, and portion size rethinking, so much simpler, and more enjoyable, than following a plan as such, and I've lasted longer this way than any other time (and trust me there's been thousands!)

Swapped my lunch today as lat nights leftovers were pretty dried Out and unappealing to say the least, so had a bagel with philli light and red pepper and tomato relish, yummmmmm!

Off swimming with the kids shortly as well as work out and yoga tonight, active day :) xxx

Sent from my C1505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Excellent loss this week updown well done you. I often say to friends start slowly by reducing portion sizes and choosing healthier options, tend to find some of my friends jump in and go the whole hog and a couple of weeks in they pack it up because they are fed up. So excellent advice! X

Thanks - see ur doing well too - here's to a good next week for us all !!

Today was-

Breakfast - activia yogurt with clusters

Lunch - (was out all day unprepared)
Protein bar

Dinner- lasagne made with sweet potato instead of meat, homemade tomato sauce, torn up lasagne sheets, goats cheese and a little parmesan, yummy!!!

Snack- kit Kat

Did my gym programme then a pay in the pool with the kids :) shattered and sore but feeling good!! Tbh wish it was Tuesday so I could weigh in!!

Xx

Today was-

Breakfast - activia yogurt with clusters

Lunch - (was out all day unprepared)
Protein bar

Dinner- lasagne made with sweet potato instead of meat, homemade tomato sauce, torn up lasagne sheets, goats cheese and a little parmesan, yummy!!!

Snack- kit Kat

Did my gym programme then a pay in the pool with the kids :) shattered and sore but feeling good!! Tbh wish it was Tuesday so I could weigh in!!

Xx

Hi - another great day for u food, exercise and play wise! Gosh I'm impressed with the protein bar lunch - esp when ur out there's so many inviting alternatives - well done!

I've had a day on plan and did 30 mins exercise and beginning to feel better for it - also had to get some vigorous housework done - somehow easier to scrub when I thought of the cals I was burning off (I hate housework so got to find something positive about it!)

Bet u can't wait until Tues - I'm keen to hear how u've done too - will that be about 6 weeks since u started? If so, I'm going to stick my neck out and say u've lost at about 1.5 stone (prob more but I don't want to put u under pressure!) Well u've worked so hard and eaten really healthily!!!

It's been about 4 weeks, and although from my diaries I can see I've been doing really well, I can't feel anything much in the way of loss, my clothes are no looser or anything :-( we shall see come Tuesday lol! I'm feeling a lot fitter and healthier though, so regardless of weight I'm happy with my progress xxx

Hi - another great day for u food, exercise and play wise! Gosh I'm impressed with the protein bar lunch - esp when ur out there's so many inviting alternatives - well done!

I've had a day on plan and did 30 mins exercise and beginning to feel better for it - also had to get some vigorous housework done - somehow easier to scrub when I thought of the cals I was burning off (I hate housework so got to find something positive about it!)

Bet u can't wait until Tues - I'm keen to hear how u've done too - will that be about 6 weeks since u started? If so, I'm going to stick my neck out and say u've lost at about 1.5 stone (prob more but I don't want to put u under pressure!) Well u've worked so hard and eaten really healthily!!!

Thanks so much, you're positivity in Me is so nice to hear :) xxx

Thanks so much, you're positivity in Me is so nice to hear :) xxx

that's fine - credit where it's due eh? not sure how I duplicated that post - meant to edit it - never mind - u got the drift!!

MASSIVE NON SCALE VICTORY!!
Had to take my youngest to hospital (all okay) and I hadn't had breakfast yet, as many of you know hospital is a huge trigger for me cos of the time spent there and emotions etc, but I managed Not only to not get junk, but to get home, have a decent breakfast, and not buy junk afterwards! So proud of myself!

Plan for today -

Breakfast - activia breakfast pot

Lunch - leftovers of sweet potato lasagne

Dinner- 1/2 portion of Thai green curry, 3 veg spring rolls, and a couple of red pepper pakoras

Dinner - mullerlight mixed with gelatin to make a panna cotta with passion fruit on top

Snacks - packet special k cracker crisps

Obviously dinner isn't the healthiest but being Valentine's dayit it could be a lot worse!

Had to take my youngest to hospital (all okay) and I hadn't had breakfast yet, as many of you know hospital is a huge trigger for me cos of the time spent there and emotions etc, but I managed Not only to not get junk, but to get home, have a decent breakfast, and not buy junk afterwards! So proud of myself!

Plan for today -

Dinner- 1/2 portion of Thai green curry, 3 veg spring rolls, and a couple of red pepper pakoras

Dinner - mullerlight mixed with gelatin to make a panna cotta with passion fruit on top

Obviously dinner isn't the healthiest but being Valentine's dayit it could be a lot worse!

Big pat on the back for u Claire - ur emotions will be powerful going there - wow ur really sprinting to goal now? Did it help to resist cos ur thinking of weighing or that just additional pressure? Well Done!

Plan for today -

Sorry - meant to say glad all was okay at the hospital.

Not weighing is giving me good motivation to keep at it over v day and the weekend cos I can't say 'ah well I've lost... ' if that makes sense and I'm definitely being better than I would :) but also need to see if I'm loading so I know if my food choices are okay Or if I need to start being more structured xx

I think it's a good idea - and when u do get on scales I'm sure u'll have a lovely surprise!

Here's hoping lol!

Aaarrrgghh after all that I ended up totally caving! Not even going to list what I ate last night but suffice to say it was bad!

Oh well, new day and all that!

Breakfast/lunch (slept late) - Linda McCartney burger and slice of batch loaf

Dinner- quorn pepper steak, peppercorn sauce and sweet potato and normal chips

Snack- highlights caramel hot choc

Kids are going to the cinema with their auntie so I'm gunna go mad in the gym, attempt some damage control!

Xxx

Hey - it was a tough day 4 u & emotions are strong things aren't they? I think it's better to get them out than have them festering away inside. Good on u for getting back on the wagon - well done!

i see your still doing really well and good on you for not caving in (when you went to the hospital) :D your doing fab not weighing, i am still weighing every week but i get to the day before and start to worry even though i have been good!

hope your having a good half term - i am taking my little (well little to me he is 9) boy swimming today - am totally loving the gym and the pool.

its amazing how all the healthy eating and exercise makes you feel great :D

take care
moe x

Hi Claire - hope all's well with you - is it the children's half term with you? In Wales we have half term next week. Take carex

Confession time!

I weighed in last week and in my first 6 week's of conversant exercise and healthy eating. I'd lost a grand total of....3 effing lbs :-( absolutely devastated. I've been totally honest and accountable in this diary and really hoped for a great number. So after that weigh in I totally lost the plot for about a week and have been truly gluttonous. I've decided to follow the sw plan now as the healthy eating alone has clearly been fruitless!

Plan for today-

Breakfast - porridge (hexb) semi skimmed milk (hex a) honey (2syns) sweetner

Lunch - 1/2 can of tomato soup (5syns), pasta, peppers.

Snack - fat free yogurt with sweeter and passion fruit

Dinner - syn free homemade curry with sweet potato and smash pepper pakora

Dessert - mullerlight

Back