Need Fashion Advice

peachy1982

Silver Member
Well,
I have returned to work after my long weekend break and been told that I need to go out in Manchester on Friday night with some customers. Arghhhh fashion nightmare
What am I going to wear? I never go out in town never mind a city?
Looks like we are having pre-dinner drinks then a meal then cocktails and possibly clubbing. Please help me all you fashionistas out there.
My details are I am 5'7" size 16 bottoms size 14/16 top - not bad boobs but need a bra so no spaghetti straps. I am age 26 so young and funky is always preferred.
Please please please advise me
clare
x

Clare

Black pants, a shimmery top or all black. Thinking no sleeves, not boob tube at all and not shoe string straps, vest style ( hope that makes sense ).

Heels, a coat and a really thin, long dressy scarf (silky). Hair up to flatter you cheek bones and bring focus to either you boobs, eyes and or lips.

Hope I haven't gone over the top here???
Bren
X

Try "NEW LOOK".....you will be surprised. They have some lovely short-ish dresses in that you could wear alone or over trousers with wedges and a matching bag.

Definately NO "Primark", acrylic, plastic shoes, Very high heeled shoes as the streets are VERY uneven in Manchester.

Those scarves that Bren mentioned can be used to good effect and are available in every colour under the sun. Those with a bit of silver in are nice for the evening.

Clare
Sorry I'm in Australia and we use metric.. cm is centimeter's:)

Bren
X

i always find that the bigger cities are less 'glam' of you know what i mean. i would go for comfort as well as style. good fitting pair of jeans and a funky tunic top dressed with large handbag and necklace.
have fun no matter what you wear

im also going out tonight in my home town of Bridlington to watch a live band at our local then round town, i havnt been out for ages and am running out of clothes that still fit (not a bad thing really)....but im dibating whether to go as 'me' or try and fit in....not sure if to wear my knee high New Rock boots, over knee socks, just above knee skirt and black top or whether to just wear my jeans and nice top? any thoughts?

Back