Neonic's Dukan Diary

Dairy is often responsible for a stall. While Dukan says up to 1K in Cruise, if I go over 400ml, I stall. Check how much dairy you're having perhaps in total per day?

On the chip front, celeriac is great too as a change form b nut.
As for stalling - just keep your faith and it will start to come off again, but agree with Jo about the dairy. Are you posting your menus (looked back and seen that you have just started!!)? Too many Mullers could be a problem as they don contain sugar an they are quite large so not many in 1kg and if you are having milky drinks too...?

- just looked back and read you're having a fair amount of smoked fish - this plays havoc with me to the extent that I have stopped eating it as it caused my weight to fluctuate all over the place!

Also are you sure your ham is low enough in fat and has nothing added to it? You are better off eating chicken you have cooked yourself really instead of salty processed meats.

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts both. Dairy wise I have milk in my oatbran porridge and quite a few mullers so I'll cut back to just 1 muller for a while to see if it helps. I'll also stop with the smoked fish for a bit to see if that helps.

Now, need to re-plan tonights tea as was supposed to be having smoked haddock. Maybe I'll get some chicken or plain fish.

So my menu changed a bit at the last minute. Ended up being...
B - porridge with goji berries
L - mackerel and prawn salad
T - spicy beef and peppers with cabbage, leeks, cauli and sprouts. SF jelly.
Also had 2 SF Sweets.
Drinks - Black Tea, Water and 1 diet coke.

Opted for no mullers in the end but it was so difficult.

Cooked myself some chicken breasts to take to work tomorrow with some prawns and I'll prob have something with eggs for tea as I'll be at my parents house and I'm not sure what they'll have in.

Spent this evening emptying my cupboards of things not dukan friendly like beans, spaghetti etc and I'm going to take it all up to my parents house with me for my dad and my sister. No point leaving it in my cupboard to go out of date. Plus I'm moving in just over a week so don't want to move it to my new house.

WOOHOOO!!

My plateaux is over. Can't believe it. I got off the scales moved them, then got back on. Almost cheered out loud but was afraid of waking my house mate. That was after a PV day too. I am so happy. Thank you to everyone that offered me help and solutions. Think TOTM had something to do with it too as it arrived this morning (been a bit higgldey piggledy lately) Bit scared to eat mullers now though, just incase. Think I'll just have one a day for now and see how I go.

Anyway, I am so pleased to announce 1.4lb off.

Good job :) Well done on the 1.4lb off. You should give yourself a big pat on the back for overcoming the stall, it can be so demoralising but you stuck to it, awesome

Thanks both. I also realised today that I now only have 13.5lb to go to my true weight. Woohoo, under a stone.

Today Cruise PV

B - porridge with goji berries
L - Chicken and prawns
T - turkey bacon and scrambled eggs, sf jelly
Snacks - 4 SF sweets on my 4 hour car journey, sf jelly with sweetened natural yogurt.
Drinks- Water, black tea, 1 diet coke.

Up at my parents for the weekend so Don't have a clue what I'll be having tomorrow yet as my mum and I will be going shopping in the afternoon. No doubt breakfast will be oat bran porridge as I planned ahead and bought some oat bran with me, but that's about as far as my plan goes.
Doing 2 PV days while I'm up here to make it a little easier to eat with the family, then I'll do Monday and Tuesday as PP.

Today hasn't been too bad considering I'm away from home.

Had my oatbran porridge for breakfast and some natural yogurt with sweetener and strawberry flovouring (not quite as good as a strawberry yogurt), tuna salad for lunch, bought this from the shop with a pack of turkey as it was a tuna Mayo salad, when I opened it the Mayo was in a separate pouch, I was very impressed although I did have to pick out the sweetcorn, ended up only picking on a little bit of the turkey. Had 4 seafood sticks to pick on and some sf jelly. Tea was steak and prawns with salad. Followed by sf jelly with natural yogurt with a bit of sweetener on.

Feeling hungry now. Not sure if it's just in my head tho as normally when I'm at my parents I eat whatever I like (even if I'm supposed to be dieting) and I know there's loads of chocolate, biscuits and cakes in for my dad. Maybe I'll have some mackerel or something.

Well today has been a good day but hard to resist temptation. Although I'm convinced it's just habit when I'm at my parents and I managed not to eat anything I shouldn't.
My sister bought me a cup of tea in bed which started my day off nicely. Had oat bran porridge for breakfast then we took the dogs for a 2 hour walk stopping for a cup of tea half way. When we got back I had some turkey bacon with a scrambled egg. This afternoon we went into town and I finally found wheat bran in holland and barratt. 99p for 750g. Bargain!! I shall be trying the muffins tomorrow. I've been dying to try them for weeks.
Had a lovely roast chicken dinner. Dessert was SF jelly with sweetened natural yogurt.
After my 2.5 hour drive home I had some salad with tinned mackerel (I think I'm addicted to tinned mackerel) followed by a toffee muller (just using the last few up, not buying them again).
Back to work in the morning. Only in Monday to Friday this week then I'm off for a week.
Forgot to get milk on the way home so breakfast will probably be scrambled eggs although I'm not sure what lunch will be then. Hmmm.
Tea will be smoked haddock, again I'm just having them as they need using up ( need to empty the freezer before i move next week), not planning on having them too often as I don't want to stall again.

Neonic - your diary makes a lovely read... and I'm so glad that Mouse's suggestions helped you through that plateau.

I agree with you ref the "habit" thing when you're at your family home. Do you go often? I'm just the same at my country place where I unfortunately go EACH weekend and I find the temptation really hard! As you say though, it's "mind hunger" to be fought with! You're right though to supplement bought salads with lean protein as protein tends to be skimped on in such pots.

Keep it up! Less than a stone to go!

Thanks Jo. I usually go to my parents house about once a month as it's a 3 hour drive, but I'm up there again this weekend. I will allow myself one slice of birthday cake on Sunday though as my sister is making it for me. I'm so glad I resisted all temptation though as I lost another pound. I'm so pleased.

Well today is the first of 2 PP days as I has 2 PV days over the weekend. Breakfast was scrambled eggs. Lunch was tinned mackerel and some sliced chicken followed by a vanilla muller light (only one left now). Tea is still going to be smoked haddock, I'm hoping having it just once won't make me stall again but I need to use up everything from my freezer before I move. Still got some quorn sausages and fillets in the freezer too but they might have to go in the bin. Want to start again with my frozen food so I know things haven't been in there for months and months. Got a joint of beef I'm going to defrost for tomorrow. I'll put it in my slow cooker in the morning and it'll be ready when I get home. So easy that way.
Going to attempt to make some muffins this evening as I haven't tried them yet. I hope they're as nice as you all make out. Think I'm going to make sweet ones but with 3 different flavours. I'll let you all know how I get on.

Today hasn't been too bad. Apart from the fact I was in work on such a lovely day.
Made the muffins last night in 3 flavours, 2 strawberry, 2 vanilla and 2 almond. Had 3 last night and 3 for breakfast. They were lovely but I don't think I'll have them every day as I kind of missed my porridge.
Meals were a bit all over the place today as I worked a 12-8 shift.

B - Muffins
S - Natural yogurt sweetened and flavoured with a tbls goji berries, biltong
L - Scrambled eggs with poached salmon
S - SF Jelly
T - Slow cooked beef with quark and mint dip. SF jelly with sweetened natural yogurt.

My mum decided she's starting the diet today after seeing how well I'm doing and how I'm actually enjoying it. She downloaded the book yesterday and asked me lots of questions. I text her earlier and she said she's done ok. I'm hoping we'll manage to get our days in sync as that would make visits home a lot easier.

If your Mum is going to partake in a slice of birthday cake this weekend (with you??), best she doesn't start until after the weekend as the cake will bring her (and you!) out of ketosis which is a shame!

While I love muffins, and have them virtually every morning for breakfast, I don't much care for sweet ones (despite having a notoriously sweet tooth when "off Dukan", let's say!). Somehow the "oatbran" gives a savoury taste which I don't find complements sweet fillings! Try my plain ones with some smoked salmon in each one (recipe thread, p.1, towards the bottom with photo). Yum yum!

I agree that my mum should've waited but she was on lighter life and wanted to come off it so she started straight away.
I don't really want to have any cake or alcohol over the next week but with 2 birthday meals, moving house, a house warming and birthday party in the space of a week, I think there may be a few 'non dukan' foods involved. I'm going to do my best to stick to plan the rest of the time and most meals WILL be dukan friendly. Kind of wish I could delay my birthday for a couple of months until I'm on conso.

I discovered last night that my fat free natural yogurt contains more sugar than a muller light. I was distraught!!! There's me thinking I was being really good stopping the mullers and switching to natural yogurt and it's no better. I'll have to see if I like 0% Greek yogurt now.

So today I had my oatbran porridge again but added a tbls of wheatbran and 2 tbls of goji berries and it filled me up so much. Lunch was salad with a hard boiled egg and chicken slices. Tea was chilli. Was going to make butternut squash chips to go with it but I ran out of time as I had to take some stuff over to my new house then go babysitting which was a very last minute request. Also had some sugar free jelly and a toffee muller light (last one in the house).

I have to say, I can already feel my confidence growing again and over the last few days quite a few people have commented on my weight loss which has really motivated me as I haven't even lost a stone yet.

I've been converted to Oatbran porridge with some of my yogurt stirred through....helps cool it down too
Was getting a bit fed up of muffins, I never thought I could do so much with one ingredient :)
It's great that your becoming more confident, your doing something so positive and is bound to shine through xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Didn't eat much yesterday due to being on a 12-8 shift at work. I find it difficult on those days as breakfast is only an hour or 2 later but lunch isn't till 4 then when I get home I don't always fancy much.

B - oat bran + wheat bran porridge
L - Scrambled eggs, sliced chicken and sf jelly
T - 0% Greek yogurt (with sweetener + flavouring, picked at some beef with quark and mint dip but wasn't enjoying it so left it.

Quite disappointed in that menu. Really didn't eat enough. I promise myself the next 2 days will be much better. Saying that I'm off to my parents house tonight. Hopefully it'll be easier this weekend though as my mum is now following the dukan diet too.

Weigh in this morning shows I am the same as I was on Monday. I'll have to get outside with the dogs this weekend. I'll be getting plenty of exercise next week too with moving house so hopefully that will get things moving. According to my programme I should be at my true weight in 6 weeks but I'm not sure I'll make it.

It's true that weight loss can be slow on this diet if we don't eat enough protein. Shiftwork is complicated with meals, so perhaps you need to try several small meals/snacks.

Good luck at your parents'. GREAT re exercise! That'll get the weight loss moving!

Fight those cake urges! Bake yourself a DUKAN cake :D

So, for the first time in nearly 5 weeks, I ate something non-dukan friendly. The dreaded early birthday cake. My nephew came over to stay at my parents house tonight and he had spent the day making me a giant cup cake. I couldn't tell him I wasn't going to have any as he was so proud of his handy work. My mum cut the cake and dished up the smallest slither I have ever seen for me and her just so we could say we'd had some. My dad had a fair sized slice and there's still over 3/4 left. As I was eating it I knew it wasn't really what I wanted to do but I couldn't say no to my nephew. It tasted very sweet (maybe because I haven't had that sort of thing in a while), don't think I could've managed a bigger slice anyway.

So today's day has been.....

B - oat bran + wheat bran porridge with goji berries
L - chilli
Snack while driving - carrot sticks, 3 sf sweets
T - Steak, mushrooms, green beans. Small slither of Cake, sf jelly.

So tomorrow I shall avoid all tolerated foods and run around the garden with the dogs (little one can't go for a walk yet) to combat the cake.

Got the next week off work thankfully. So no shift work to worry about. Going to chill at my parents for the weekend before the stress of moving and birthday and party.

Haven't felt quite right today. Been feeling sicky all afternoon. Could be because of the cake yesterday, which by the way, is still sitting in the kitchen. Haven't been anywhere near it. The only thing that has tempted me is veg. Could really have done with a salad this afternoon. I have however stuck to plan and haven't had any tolerated foods. I have had a couple of muller lights as the local shop didn't have any fat free natural yogurt and needed something.
Still up at my parents but it's just me and the dogs as my parents have gone away for the night. Even though my mum is now following dukan, the only suitable food in the house is chicken and turkey slices. Making today extremely difficult. I popped to the shops and got some eggs, mullers and tinned mackerel so I have a bit more choice. Found some quorn mince in the freezer so make a sort of frittata with it but didn't enjoy it. I think with quorn mince you need lots of sauce to flavour it. Saying that, lots of cheese on top may have helped.
Couldn't stomach anything this afternoon. Not sure if it was the cake yesterday, the fritatta or the fact 'i need to go' that's been making me feel ill but all I've done is drink and have a sleep on the sofa while the dogs slept on the floor next to me. Decided at around 9.30pm that I really needed something to eat so boiled a couple of eggs and had them with turkey slices.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better. Planning on scrabbled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast. Too many eggs this weekend but I'll try to cut back in the week.

Back