Neonic's Dukan Diary

I wouldn't worry about eating too many eggs, I do think that when away from our own homes etc we have to make the best choices with what is available. I think it's better to have more eggs than to potentially veer off track and have a non Dukan item.
Your doing really well, hope your feeling better xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can't believe I made it through today pretty much still on plan.

This morning I had mackerel, dry fried eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes. Mackerel was a bit weird but wanted to up the protein and didn't fancy chicken for all 3 meals. Received a text from my sister inviting me and the dogs over for lunch as my parents were out. I was really worried that I'd have to leave stuff or have something unsuitable but I asked for just meat and veg. And that's what she gave me. I think she knows it's important to me. And so I had chicken, pork and veg. I know pork isn't strictly dukan friendly but there wasn't much chicken and I cut off all the fat. The only drinks they had were full fat pepsi or nas squash so I opted for the squash. Only had one glass and it wasn't strong. After lunch I was pretty satisfied. Everyone else was having trifle. My sister offered me some strawberries, luckily I genuinely didn't need anything else to eat so I just had a cup of tea. Made it through pretty well considering it was a last minute invitation and noone in the house knows anything about dukan.
Had today's oatbran with some sf jelly and yogurt. Not very exciting but at least I had it. Also picked on some carrot sticks and chicken slices this evening before deciding I needed something proper. Couldn't decide what to have but in the end make myself a quick chicken and vegetable curry and it was lovely. Didn't look very pretty but tasted lovely.
Last day at my parents tomorrow. Driving back in the evening. We're taking the dogs for a long walk with my sisters dog, my aunties dog and my cousins dog. The little one is allowed out from tomorrow so it'll be his first proper walk with all of them.

Just got home from my parents house. Tonight's drive was much better than the drive up there. Having an hour watching tv with my bunny before bed then moving day tomorrow.
Food wise today has been good. Had a yogurt for breakfast. Didn't have time for much else as we had to pick my nephew and his dog up, take mums little one to vets then meet my auntie, cousin and her son (plus dogs) for a nice long walk. It was the littlest ones first walk so I had him on the lead. He couldn't keep up with the others bless him, and there were a couple of times he just sat down looking at me for a carry. He did pretty well though. We had lots of stares from people, well there were 6 of us walking 5 dogs, and we also had a few people asking if we were dog walkers from the nearest RSPCA centre. All in all a lovely morning and a lovely walk.
Lunch again was on the run, as we dropped the dogs back at the house I grabbed a seafood medley and bottle of water from the fridge to have in the car on the way to town. We wondered round town for a while, mum bought me a few bits for my birthday and we also went to an old fashioned sweet shop where we found an amazing selection of sugar free sweets. We bought some to share. I tend to keep mine in the car, mostly for my long journeys or for after work/before shopping to stop me buying rubbish. In town we had to pop into next so my mum could take some stuff back. This is where the highlight of my day happened. I'll explain.
A few weeks ago my mum told me about the next sale. She has a next card so she gets to order stuff online the day before the sale starts. At the start of the summer season I saw a gorgeous dress in the directory but couldn't really afford it, so when she mentioned the sale, I asked her to get it for me. The pre-sale started at 6am on the Thursday and mum got up especially to order some stuff. At 6.03 she was on the checkout page but my dress had already gone. I had never seen it in any of the stores so assumed it was never meant to be. Back to today........ Wandering round next, not really paying much attention as I had no money, I glanced over at the sale rack. Something caught my eye..... I called my mum in a serious tone...... She turned as I pulled something from the sale rack......... MY DRESS!!!!!!!!! We couldn't believe it. In final reductions. Ok, so it was a size 12 and I wanted a 10 but I tried it on anyway. It's quite flowy so we're going to have it taken in a bit, (luckily mum knows a dress maker) but not until December time. We go to Dominican republic in February for my parents 30th wedding anniversary and they're renewing their vows so the dress is for that. Figured there's no point getting it adjusted until December as I may lose or gain (hopefully not gain) weight before then and we don't want to do it twice. I still can't believe it.
So anyway, that cheered me up considerably. The rest of my day was pretty uneventful. Tea was steak and dry fried eggs followed by muffins. Mum also made me muffins for tomorrow so I can have something to snack on while I'm moving.
Called into the big tesco instead of my local on the way home and finally managed to get some reduced fat cocoa powder. I might add it to some muffins later in the week.
All in all today has been a pretty good day. Let's just hope the rest of my week off is just as good.

Your diary is an interesting read Neonic! Still managing to keep on the straight and narrow with so much going on in your life is no mean feat!
Just wondering how your Mum is doing, it must be helpful to her to have you for advice.

Thanks both. It's nice to know there are people out there who read my random ramblings.

I just popped in to say, morning weigh in showed a 1lb loss so I am now 11.5lb down with 11.5lb to go. Woohoo. Half way there. 5 weeks in and 6.5 weeks to go to my predicted date. Fingers crossed I'll make it.

Anyway, must look lively. Lots to do today. Have a good Tuesday people.

Well I'm still here and surprisingly still on plan. Haven't eaten much over the last 2 days due to being busy moving.
On Tuesday I ended up calling a friend and going out for tea as that was the day I moved most of my stuff and I was absolutely shattered so there was no chance I was cooking. We went to the harvester and I decided I was going to let myself have a little treat at the salad bar. Just some coleslaw or dressing or something. But when it came down to it, I didn't. I just didn't want it. I did have a fair bit of beetroot though but that's the first time. I didn't even eat the corn on the cob that came with my meal. I ate so much chicken and salad that the other bits just didn't bother me.
Other than the muffins my mum made me and a boiled egg. That was Tuesdays food. Yesterday was even worse. I was supposed to be going for tea again but it was cancelled so decided to stick to pp. Breakfast was oatbran with sweetened natural yogurt. Lunch was sf jelly with sweetened natural yogurt. Can you tell I didn't have much food in the new house. It's all still at the old house. That was it until 10pm when I ate a pack of chicken slices with a bit of cottage cheese. Think I had gone past the hunger stage by that point. Went to tesco last night tho (when I finally found the nearest one) and picked up some food and I'm off to the old house in a bit to pick up some more bits (food included).
Food wise today is going better already. Scrambled egg with turkey ham, mushrooms and tomatoes. Once I've picked up the rest of my food from the old house I'm going to make some muffins (everything I need is over there). Tea is going to be burgers with salad and cottage cheese. Mmmm. Much better than the last 2 days.

Hello everyone, I have returned to the boards after about 18 months and I am just under a stone heavier than when I originally started. I thought I would just reopen my old diary as it may inspire me when I'm struggling. Since I was last here I have tried both weight watchers and slimming work and got absolutely nowhere so I'm back here. I know dukan can work and will work if I stick to it.

Today is day number one. I haven't eaten much so far but I'll be heading to the supermarket soon to stock up on dukan friendly foods.

Hopefully talk to you all soon.

Welcome back. X

Welcome back x

Thanks everyone.

Well yesterday went really well. Started off slowly as I hadn't been shopping but after a trip to the supermarket last night, I have a fridge and freezer full of meat, fish and shell fish and there is no way I'm giving up after the amount I spent.

I did have a little waver mid afternoon when I spied the left over Christmas cake and a box of after eights but I'm pleased to report I didn't touch them.
Last night my friend who works in a pub in town text me asking me to go in for a bit coz it was empty and he was bored. So I drove in and had 2 glasses of water and a diet coke much to his disgrace.

So food yesterday was .......

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs
Lunch - Oat bran porridge
Snack - chicken slices with cottage cheese
Tea - Steak, chicken Kiev (stuffed with cottage cheese and wrapped in turkey bacon), and prawns.

Drinks - Tea, Lemonade (one calorie per glass too much), water and diet coke.

Not a bad day, need to get something other than tea and water in the house so I leave the lemonade alone but other than that I did fairly well and I'm pleased to report a 2lb loss. If that doesn't spur me on, nothing will.

Fab restart !! Well done x

Morning everyone.

Yesterday went surprisingly well considering it was my first day back in work. I was on a late shift so had plenty of time to organise myself in the morning.

Breakfast - Oatbran porridge
Lunch - Smoked salmon and scrambled egg
First Break - Seafood selection, left over home made Kiev,SF jelly, FF greek yogurt
Second Break - FF Greek yogurt
Supper - chicken slices

Drinks - Tea, Water, Diet coke, Diet Lemonade (was dying for a cold drink when I got home and this was calling my name)

When I got home from work my friend was trying to get me to go and meet him after work again. I wasn't sure I could manage the no drinking again and as I have work this morning I didn't think going out was a good idea alcohol or not so I managed somehow to turn him down. Made myself a lovely cup of tea and watched tv in bed instead.

So this morning I'm still feeling drained after getting in from work late so I'm sitting with a cup of tea trying to motivate myself. It's not going very well. However I have weighed in and I've lost another 0.8lb so that's 2.7lb in total. 29.7lb to get to my true weight. Not bad going in two days.

Have a good day everyone.

Another good day yesterday. Nothing much to report really. Spent the day in work then came home and chilled.

Breakfast - Oabran porridge
Lunch - Seafood selection, SF jelly, FF yogurt
Tea - smoked haddock with poached eggs
Snack - Chicken slices.

Drinks - Tea, water, diet coke, lemonade.

Felt a bit snuffly yesterday so the cups of tea were very much needed and I can see them being needed a lot today too.

To this morning...... I'm pleased to report a 1.7lb loss taking me to 4.4lb in total with 28lb to go to get to my true weight. I'm slightly ahead of schedule as I was estimated a 3lb loss over a 4 day attack period and today is day 4 but I'm very happy with that.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited:
Fab loss so far, I beg you are looking forward to veggies !! X

Morning everyone.

You are absolutely right jojo, I've already prepped my salad for work and I've got veg lined up to go with my tea.

Another good day yesterday.

Breakfast - Oatbran porridge
1st Break - a few mussels (I took a pack but they were really tough), chicken slices and SF jelly.
2nd Break - Half a small roast chicken
Snack while prepping tea - Seafood sticks
Tea - Steak, turkey rashers, egg

Drinks - Lemonade, Tea, Water, Diet coke

Nothing else much to say about yesterday. Work was the usual then I came home and chilled before making my food ready for today. Ooh, I did buy a cupcake maker to make my muffins in. Made some last night for this mornings breakfast. Think I'm going to need to experiment with timings as they were extremely dry, not at all like I remember. Or maybe just make them fresh when I need them as they don't take long.

I weighed in this morning and I am very pleased to announce that during my 4 day attack phase I lost...... Drum roll please........ A grand total of 5lb. Woohoo. That's 2lb more that predicted and a very good motivator. Now bring on that veg. Ha!!

Have a good day people.

well done neo xxx

Back