New and a little overwhelmed

juggler1000

Hi everybody :)

I'm Kate, 37 and living down in Devon, UK. I've tried lots of diets in the past with not much success, but now calorie counting and walking with the support of my occupational health department at work - I've lost a stone and a half in the first two months, but have ten and a half stone to go (12 in total) so there's a long journey ahead. I've joined here for support, dieting tips and to chat with people who understand what we're all trying to achieve :)

Hi everybody :)

I'm Kate, 37 and living down in Devon, UK. I've tried lots of diets in the past with not much success, but now calorie counting and walking with the support of my occupational health department at work - I've lost a stone and a half in the first two months, but have ten and a half stone to go (12 in total) so there's a long journey ahead. I've joined here for support, dieting tips and to chat with people who understand what we're all trying to achieve :)

Hi Kate,

First of all, welcome! I'm new here too and joined for similar reasons in relation to being able join other like-minded individuals re: dieting for support and tips!
It's fantastic that you've got the support of your OH department, hopefully the combination of their support and coming on here will help you progress with your journey without too many struggles.

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's great! :)

Keep it going, stay strong and we're all here for you when you need it!

I found that setting really short-term goals helps me. So, you have your final goal, but sometimes it's easy to give up when you think that your goal is 'so long' away. Set weekly goals, then when you've noticed that you can achieve them, set monthly goals. Write them down so that they're 'set in stone'. When I used to calorie count I would write down monthly goals, e.g. 1) Drink more water 2) No alcohol this month 3) Less fizzy pop. I know that they're all drink related but they're just some examples, they don't have to be extreme and if they're actually achievable, you feel so much better when you've done it. Just sticking to a plan can be a goal! xx

Hi Kate, Welcome to the forum.
You have come to the right place for support as there's lots of peeps in the same boat who are struggling to get the pounds off and it's just as hard whether a lot or a few.

I find that calorie counting is the best way as well.. at least for me and I do hope you'll soon see the results of lots of those pounds dropping off.

Do start your own diary as it gives us a place to find you and a record of your progress too.
Wishing you all the very best on your journey to slimdom.

Onwards and Downwards! :girlpower:

Back