NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Date: Thursday 25/09/14
2.Cycle : Get Fit
3. Day of Challenge: 4
4. Plan: Red (swapped because I did green yesterday)
5. Water/NAS: 2.2 l of water/squash (trying not to drink toooo much today as out this evening!) plus two green teas.
6. Carbs: None
7. Exercise: Walked into town and back, the shorter way so about a mile each way, then a bit of gardening.
8. Total syns: Alpen Light 3, might take my choccy ration for later 4.5.
9. SALAD: Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, orange pepper, beetroot, ham and cottage cheese, with chopped spring onions and black pepper.
photo-5.JPG

4. Plan: EE
5. Water/NAS: 2L
6. Carbs: 2x new potatoes
7. Exercise: 40mins walking
8. Total syns: 3.5- strawberry split, 3 hifi light, 2 something else?!
9. SALAD: a heap of lettuce and pea shoots dressed in balsamic with a little chicken, hard boiled egg, spring onions, cucumber, feta cheese, cottage cheese and pickle!

Last edited:
2.Cycle : The Turbo Cycle
4. Plan: Red
5. Water/NAS: 3 Litres
7. Exercise: 1 Hour Walking
8. Total syns: 6 (Quorn Burgers 5, olives 1)
9. SALAD 1 : Egg Salad SALAD 2 : Quorn Burger Salad

egg-salad with Mango Vinaigrette.jpg IMG_1115.jpg

I am going out tomorrow evening with my sis for a meal so am going to take tomorrow as a day off from the challenge. I will catch up on tomorrow's posts on Saturday morning, but I will be on here till tomorrow afternoon ;) xx

5. Water/NAS: 2.2 l of water/squash (trying not to drink toooo much today as out this evening!) plus two green teas.
7. Exercise: Walked into town and back, the shorter way so about a mile each way, then a bit of gardening.
9. SALAD: Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, orange pepper, beetroot, ham and cottage cheese, with chopped spring onions and black pepper.
View attachment 154496

Well done L, your salad looks amazing :D, hope you enjoyed it too. You've done brill on the water and syns. I hope you enjoy your night out tonight :p. Only 3 more days left of the challenge, woohoo ! I hope you see a smashing loss on Monday for all your hard work this week :p. Hope you have a fab day 5 and I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow xx

4. Plan: EE
5. Water/NAS: 2L
6. Carbs: 2x new potatoes!
7. Exercise: 40 mins walking
8. Total syns: 3- hifi 3.5- strawberry split 2- options
9. SALAD: a heap of lettuce and pea shoots dressed in balsamic with a hard boiled egg, a little chicken, spring onions, cucumber, feta cheese (gorgeous!) celery, cottage cheese and pickle. My appetite came back :) lol xx

lol :D Rosie I'm glad your appetite came back ! Your salad sounds so yummy, I love feta cheese. Well done on hitting all your targets hun. You've done brill on the exercise, water and syns :). I really hope you see a smashing loss on Monday too. Hope you've enjoyed the challenge this week. Good luck for day 5 hun, your doing super ! xx

UPDATE - for FRI 26/09/2014 - DAY 5 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 5

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. Your food for the day should be packed with fibre and protein only. You must have one Salad as a Maincourse in the day. Today is a Rest Day so no exercise. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 5

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. Your food for the day should be packed with fibre and protein only. You must have 2 Salads, one as a Maincourse and one as a side. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 3 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns maximum.

1. DATE: THURS 25/09/14
2. CYCLE : The Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 4
4. PLAN: GREEN DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: Warburton's thin
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 30 MINUTES
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 191 (32 sugar in hot drinks, 21 salad cream light, 60 mints, 78 ww crisps
9. SALAD: salad leaves, grated carrot, onion, tomato with salad dressing, boiled egg, melted cheese

1a5797c8b7674cec7e9a3df83ce041b9_zps8ef97a43.jpg Without the cheese so Kay can see how much salad I had :D

81453a0c3af409d3dc55dcd36ef8e074_zps49adbd39.jpg With the melted cheese on top

DON'T LET THE WEEKEND WIN !!! :D

Hey everyone, you've all done super well this week. I cannot wait till Monday to see all your fab results ! :) Fridays are probably the most testing time of the week ,its the weekend ! :p If your having a day off, try and remember all the hard work you have done this week, and make some sensible choices when you go out. Don't let one day, wipe over all the hard work you have done so far. You can still eat out, have fun and stay on plan, win win :D. There is a whole section on EATING OUT in the guidelines (Section 7B) which has useful tips and hints to help keep you on track.

Here are some pics of healthy eating choices, made at Nandos and Pizza Express, just to get you all inspired ! :D

Skinless butterfly chicken, with side green salad, corn on the cob. Nandos :p.

Delicious Salad ! Pizza Express :p.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and look forward to seeing your posts later ! :D

Kay xx

1. DATE: THURS 25/09/14
2. CYCLE : The Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 4
4. PLAN: GREEN DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: Warburton's thin
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 30 MINUTES
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 191 (32 sugar in hot drinks, 21 salad cream light, 60 mints, 78 ww crisps
9. SALAD: salad leaves, grated carrot, onion, tomato with salad dressing, boiled egg, melted cheese

View attachment 154504 Without the cheese so Kay can see how much salad I had :D

View attachment 154505 With the melted cheese on top

hehe :D we both had egg salad, 2 great minds ... ;). Well done Sam, fab day 4 hun ! Your doing well keeping up with all the targets for the challenge. Your salad looks delish ! And yes I can see the good stuff :p. We're past the half way mark, I hope you've enjoyed it so far. You've all done amazingly well. I hope you see a smashing loss on Monday :). Good luck with day 5, I know you'll do brill ! xx

hehe :D we both had egg salad, 2 great minds ... ;). Well done Sam, fab day 4 hun ! Your doing well keeping up with all the targets for the challenge. Your salad looks delish ! And yes I can see the good stuff :p. We're past the half way mark, I hope you've enjoyed it so far. You've all done amazingly well. I hope you see a smashing loss on Monday :). Good luck with day 5, I know you'll do brill ! xx

Thanks Kay. I have enjoyed it actually. I do love a nice salad but don't normally have enough of them.

Don't forget I'm having tomorrow and Saturday off ;) Hubby is cooking (weightwatchers recipes) so no chance of salads for the next couple of days. I will be staying within my plan though and keeping up with the exercise/water routine and I'll be back doing the challenge on Sunday. Hope it doesn't mess up my result on Monday though! x

Thanks Kay. I have enjoyed it actually. I do love a nice salad but don't normally have enough of them.

Don't forget I'm having tomorrow and Saturday off ;) Hubby is cooking (weightwatchers recipes) so no chance of salads for the next couple of days. I will be staying within my plan though and keeping up with the exercise/water routine and I'll be back doing the challenge on Sunday. Hope it doesn't mess up my result on Monday though! x

I'm having a day off tomorrow too :). Nope it wont mess things up, did you see my post about eating out and the weekend :D, we can still enjoy our food without going totally off plan. Seems like your gonna do just fine with your WW plan and your keeping the good habits of the water and exercise, that's perfect :p. Sunday will be a zero carb day, that's a day before weigh in so is very important. So enjoy your carbs over the next 2 days and hope you have a lovely weekend ;) xx

I'm having a day off tomorrow too :). Nope it wont mess things up, did you see my post about eating out and the weekend :D, we can still enjoy our food without going totally off plan. Seems like your gonna do just fine with your WW plan and your keeping the good habits of the water and exercise, that's perfect :p. Sunday will be a zero carb day, that's a day before weigh in so is very important. So enjoy your carbs over the next 2 days and hope you have a lovely weekend ;) xx

Nope, there will be no carbs for me on Sunday, I already have my yummy salad planned ;)

Enjoy your meal out with sis tomorrow :) xx

Hi Kay - I'm going to have to take today as a day off the challenge - day didn't turn out as planned - in a nice way - but meant I cdn't prepare 2 salads but had a good SW day! Back on in the morning but helping a a McMillan fundraising coffee morning aaaah all those lovely cakes!

Hope everyone's had a great day!

Hi Kay - I'm going to have to take today as a day off the challenge - day didn't turn out as planned - in a nice way - but meant I cdn't prepare 2 salads but had a good SW day! Back on in the morning but helping a a McMillan fundraising coffee morning aaaah all those lovely cakes!

Hope everyone's had a great day!

Ooh, that is going to take a lot of willpower Upndown! I love cake mmmm!

Well done on a good SW day! xx

Ooh, that is going to take a lot of willpower Upndown! I love cake mmmm!

Well done on a good SW day! xx

Yes - everyone has to wear green at the event - anyone got any of that green shiny Sellotape u can buy at Christmas to tape over my mouth - it needs to be a big, wide, long roll!!

Date: Thurs 25th
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of Challenge: 4 :) :):)
Plan: Green Day
Water intake: 2.5 L
Carbs: None
Exercise: 10
Syns 8
Salad : Quorn , onions, peppers, celery,cucumber, tomatoes, baby corn.

Looking forward to tomorrow's tea. Joe's Burgers with salad yummmm.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Gosh good luck avoiding those cakes Linda! I'm not sure I could! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

If I have one I'm doomed - so plan to not even smell them!

Yes, that's what I think, I do eat a lot of yogurt and do have cheese but can't bring myself to like milk, i barely have a splash of skimmed milk in coffee and usually only drink green tea, so no milk in that. Its a shame Hex A can't be icecream, I'd be fine then hehe. :D

Yes ice cream as HEA, cake as HEB and choc as free food - now that's a diet I could stick to for life!

View attachment 154496

A really good day Linda - esp so the way u've been feeling - well done xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back