NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE FOR THE SALAD CHALLENGE W/B MON 7th July 2014

This is the final list of participants for The Salad Challenge W/B Mon 07/07/2014

THE GET FIT CYCLE

- Ellielw
- Ellejay1984
- HappyNanna
- Hel8
- Jess<3
- NotsofattyPatty
- Rubyeskimo
- StillslimmingSuzy

THE TURBO CYCLE

- Cavegirl13
- Laurenypop
- Mariavon

- Upndown

If you wish to join this Challenge, you will now have to join the following week on Monday 14th July ;).

Kay xx

PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS IF YOU ARE STARTING THE SALAD CHALLENGE TOMORROW :D

UPDATE
- for MON 07/07/2014 - DAY 1 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 1

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed today. You should have one Salad as your Maincourse. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 1

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 salads in the day. One should be a side salad and one a Maincourse salad. Today is an exercise day, 1 hour minimum. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

Last edited:
Good luck weighers. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Kay, Sorry I'm late again, it's been a busy weekend. Here is my diary for today. I've read your updates tonight.
DATE: 6/7/14
2.CYCLE : Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 7
4. PLAN: Red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5 ltrs.
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: None
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: None
9. SALAD: Chicken Salad. Cold Chicken, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Beetroot and Spring Onions.
Good luck everyone for tomorrows weigh in. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you all xx

My last day of week 1, hope it pays off, good luck everyone.

Date. 6/7/2014.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. 7.
Plan. Red.
Water intake. 2 litres.
Carbs. None.
Body magic. 30 mins walking.
Syns. Salad dressing, chocolate.
Salad. Salmon, mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato and onion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 35
PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS IF YOU ARE STARTING THE SALAD CHALLENGE TOMORROW :D

UPDATE - for MON 06/07/2014 - DAY 1 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 1

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed today. You should have one Salad as your Maincourse. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 1

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 salads in the day. One should be a side salad and one a Maincourse salad. Today is an exercise day, 1 hour minimum. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

Well I'm ready to start. But my day 1 is already going to be messed up!! Lol. I'm at hospital today so I've got lots of walking to do and a meal/lunch out :( then I don't think il be home until gone 7pm due to hubby interview and then picking me up from a friend's....
Il try my hardest to stay on the plan as much as possible.. sucks how my first day on this and I'm not at home as usual!!!
(Il be weighing myself shortly to make note of though. Then time got to get ready for the bus!!)

Good luck everyone weighing this morning, cannot wait to see all of your results!! "

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Well I'm ready to start. But my day 1 is already going to be messed up!! Lol. I'm at hospital today so I've got lots of walking to do and a meal/lunch out :( then I don't think il be home until gone 7pm due to hubby interview and then picking me up from a friend's....
Il try my hardest to stay on the plan as much as possible.. sucks how my first day on this and I'm not at home as usual!!!
(Il be weighing myself shortly to make note of though. Then time got to get ready for the bus!!)

Good luck everyone weighing this morning, cannot wait to see all of your results!! "

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Morning Jess, I hear you hun and I'm really sorry your DAY 1 is going to start quite hectic. However you mentioned to me yesterday that you had a chance to go over the guidelines. This Challenge is designed to work not just at home, but also when your out and about. In terms of you coming home after 7pm, that shouldn't be a problem if you have stocked up on salads and did your food shop ahead of time as set out in the guidelines. Also there is a massive section, SECTION 7B) on eating out at restaurants and take away Salad options. A lot of the people that did the challenge last week succeeded even when they were out, there are lots of salad options available out there, even when your on the go. Try and fill a 1 litre water bottle and take it with you, drink throughout the day. When you get home, drink some more so you hit your 2 litre target. There is no exercise requirement for day 1, but if you have to do some walking, that's fine. Hope all goes well for you. Catch up later. Good luck :)

Kay xx

Last edited:
I stopped weighing myself a few weeks ago.I started going by how my clothes fitted and they were still fitting so thought I was ok.

I had been 8st 7lbs since Oct 2012 and had the odd up and down lb or 2 like you do when your body hits the weight it is happy with.

When I stepped on the scales last Monday they read 8st 12 3/4lbs.Now the only thing I have done different on this challenge is have my fruit with my lunch and had a salad with my dinners.I don't eat cakes,bread,potatoes,rice,pasta only when I go out so there wasn't any big change for me.I gave up drinking the tum water as I started getting a headache.I get them if I have too much citrus. Thats why I didn't have any more oranges with my meals.Once I stopped that it went.

I weighed in this morning and the scales read.........8st 9 3/4lbs so thats 3 lbs off............................. I must thank Kay first for setting this challenge up and I'm going to give it a second week to see if I can lose the 2 3/4lbs to get back to 8st 7lbs.

1st time on challenge 3lb off of the 5 3/4lbs on to get back to target.

Thank you Kay.:)

Aww thank you hun ;), congrats on your super duper loss ! Yay ! 3lbs is brill ! :bliss:I'm so happy that you've hit 8 st 9.75 :D, not long to your 8st 7lbs target :p. You worked extremely hard in week 1 and your salads were amazing and inspired me too. Hope you have another fabulous Day 1 today. I've updated the spreadhseet with your result, just waiting for the others now :).

Kay xx

I've weighed myself and lost 4lb
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Super happy with that,
So today starts week 2 of the challenge :)
GO VONIC
GO VONIC
GO VONIC

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Von, fab loss hun , :party0011: 4lbs is amazing ! :party0019: Whoop whoop ! Chuffed to bits for you. Roll on week 2 ! :D

Kay xx

Hi Kay,
Last weeks weigh was 13.11. So please that today's is 13.7 so a 4lb loss. ( biggest in ages)
Thank you for the challenge. Xxx
Can't wait for next week. I have today's food ready.
Hope your day goes well.

Still slimming Suzy Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello Suzy :p Yay ! Another 4lbs loss ! :talk017: Well done Suzy, that is an amazing result ! Your all smashing it and I'm so so happy for you ! Woohoo ! :D Hope you have a fab DAY 1 hun :):).

Kay xx

Morning everyone x
Day 1, week 1 for me today & popped on to read some of your successes already-so inspiring!! Well done everyone x good luck for this week xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Woohoo go us! Terrific losses girls :)

I've also lost 4LBS, so another half stone shiny to add later :).

As I said, I can't fully commit to the challenge this week for various reasons so haven't put my name down but I'll be doing the best I can, still eating lots of salad and watching out for reports through the week. This has been such a boost for everyone :) :) :)

THANKS KAY, hope you've seen a good loss yourself. Xxx

Woohoo go us! Terrific losses girls :)

I've also lost 4LBS, so another half stone shiny to add later :).

As I said, I can't fully commit to the challenge this week for various reasons so haven't put my name down but I'll be doing the best I can, still eating lots of salad and watching out for reports through the week. This has been such a boost for everyone :) :) :)

THANKS KAY, hope you've seen a good loss yourself. Xxx

OMG !! :eek::D Another one ! Yay ! :talk017: Woohoo ! Well done Cloudy ! Go You ! 4 lbs is amazing ! You should be well proud of yourself hun :p. You worked really hard this week. I'm so so happy for you lovely :D.

Kay xx

Cloudy6 - Ok just worked it out from your stats, your 2.5 stone award
S35.jpg
Woohoo ! So happy for you hun :D:D. :party0049::party0049:

Kay xx

Hi Kay.
Only a pound off for me today.
Ive tried the challenge and although it was easier than I expected, I don't think its the best for me personally.
I will try to continue with the main principles of it ( main meal salads, water intake ) etc. It was my* time too and the pf hasn't been around much at all and I need my carbs- even if it is just a little bit! ! !. I don't think the cheese and cracker debacle in sat helped either :rolleyes:
Hopefully my body may play catch up this week. It has shown me tho that on red days I can eat and not feel as hungry as I usually am.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT KAY!!!

GOOD LUCK to everyone yet to weigh and those who are starting this week x

Last edited:
Hi Kay.
Only a pound off for me today.
Ive tried the challenge and although it was easier than I expected, I don't think its the best for me personally.
I will try to continue with the main principles of it ( main meal salads, water intake ) etc. It was my* time too and the pf hasn't been around much at all and I need my carbs- even if it is just a little bit! ! !.
Hopefully my body may play catch up this week. It has shown me tho that on red days I can eat and not feel as hungry as I usually am.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT KAY!!!

GOOD LUCK to everyone yet to weigh and those who are starting this week x

Kitty well done for your loss hun :), its still a fab achievement and a step in the right direction. You tried really hard this week on the challenge and I know the lack of carbs were challenging for you at times, but you still gave it your best shot, so well done for that lovely. I will update your results on the spreadsheet. Good luck with the SW plan and on the rest of your journey, I hope you do really well hun :p.

Kay xx

Aw Kitty, that's rotten that it's your star week, that's bound to have affected your result. Don't be down about it, you've had a lovely healthy week food wise and that will have done you a lot of good. Well done hun x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back