Date: Mon 14/07/14
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of challenge: Week 2, Day 1
Plan: Red
Water intake: 2L
Carbs: None
Body magic: None
Syns: 7
Salad: chicken & pineapple skewers (2syns) coleslaw (red/white cabbage, onion and carrot. Mayo 1syn) cucumber, tomato, pickled gherkin/onions, radish, cottage cheese.

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Well done Jess on a fab DAY 1 hun :p. Your salad looks delish. I will add it to the pics for this week :D. You've done brill on the water and syns too. Roll on day 2 ! Your doing smashing ! :)

Kay xx

Kay really sorry gonna pull out this week. ,
By the time I got home if I had eaten then I wouldn't if wanted my tea at 6ish , and don't want to be pushing it back any later than that, tomorrow I'm working 10 -2 then straight to hosp so will only get one salad in for my tea,
Thursday will be similar working 10 - 2 then straight to train station , in not physically going to be able to eat 2 salads , il only get a 10 minute break at work , time is going to be against me Hun,
Sorry to be a pain xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's ok Vonnie, do you want to do GET FIT instead, one salad a day ? or do you want to leave this week hun ? Up to you ? ;) xx

So I'm right in thinking I should be having 1 main salad, and then salad with my other meal?

Nope hun your getting the 2 cycles mixed, for The Get Fit cycle which you are doing its 1 salad a day. Vonnie is talking about the TURBO Cycle, that's 2 salads a day. Hope this clears the confusion Jen ;).

Kay xx

Day of challenge: DAY 1
Water intake: 2l
Body magic: 30mins gardening
Syns: 5 - chocolate digestive
Salad 1: red cabbage slaw (cabbage, onion, apple, celery) cucumber yogurt dressing, pulled lamb
dinner: grilled chicken fillet, mange tout, green beans, cabbage, carrot and turnip. Raspberries and fat free Greek yogurt

Am struggling with the water intake. Life long problem and I am in and out of the loo all day! Know its good for me so will persevere. Knowing I am being watched has kept me on track today and I feel great about it.

Will be looking out for good salad ideas from you fellow challengers.

View attachment 146145

Well done hun, that is a fab day 1 ! :D You've done amazing and your salad pic looks delish, I will be adding it to the photos for this week. With the water, if you find it hard to drink plain water try adding nas squash to it. You can also use herbal teas towards your water intake for the day. Also if you start the day by drinking some of your water target then as the day progresses, you will have less left to drink. Space it out evenly, that should help ;).

Kay xx

It does get easier, promise. We all feel like that at the beginning and if you read back on this thread, there are lots of jokes about even Kay moving her laptop into the loo to keep posting! I myself haven't been doing the challenge this past week, due to lots of other commitments but I've kept up with eating the salads each day as much as I can and find I really miss them if I have have a sandwich or something instead, which really really surprised me! I've also kept up with the water and its like your bladder stretches or something and you can cope with a much higher intake without *quite* as many trips to the loo.

Good luck with your week. I'm watching it with huge interest and wishing you all well :)

Thanks Cloudy, perfect advice ;) xx

UPDATE - for TUES 15/07/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal must be carb free and a Salad Maincourse. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. One should be a Side Salad and one a Maincourse Salad. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

UPDATE - Mon 14/07/14

Missing Posts

- MinnieMouse23 - DAY 1 of challenge.

For those of you posting late tonight, please can you makesure you have read all the updates for today. Thanks ;).

Kay xx

Nighty night ladies, early night for me. Good luck for day 2, I know you will all do super ! :p Looking forward to all your yummy pics :D.

Kay xx

UPDATE - for TUES 15/07/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal must be carb free and a Salad Maincourse. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. One should be a Side Salad and one a Maincourse Salad. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

Hi Kay :)

What would you recommend carb-wise? I had planned on having a wholemeal pitta (60g) with lots of salad and a small veggie pattie made from sweet potato, chickpeas, frozen peas, courgette and onion.. Is that too much to have??
And this would not be my salad maincourse...

Thanks! :)

Xx

Day of challenge: DAY 1
Water intake: 2l
Body magic: 30mins gardening
Syns: 5 - chocolate digestive
Salad 1: red cabbage slaw (cabbage, onion, apple, celery) cucumber yogurt dressing, pulled lamb
dinner: grilled chicken fillet, mange tout, green beans, cabbage, carrot and turnip. Raspberries and fat free Greek yogurt

Am struggling with the water intake. Life long problem and I am in and out of the loo all day! Know its good for me so will persevere. Knowing I am being watched has kept me on track today and I feel great about it.

Will be looking out for good salad ideas from you fellow challengers.

View attachment 146145

Hi I've been on a few of Kay's challenges and each time I do one I really struggle for the first few days both with trying to drink so much water plus getting rid of it (if u get my meaning!) but with me at least my system seemed to sort it out after a few days - but still cdn't be too far from a loo! Good luck!

Hi Kay :)

What would you recommend carb-wise? I had planned on having a wholemeal pitta (60g) with lots of salad and a small veggie pattie made from sweet potato, chickpeas, frozen peas, courgette and onion.. Is that too much to have??
And this would not be my salad maincourse...

Thanks! :)

Xx

Hello hun, tomorrow is a green/ee day so one of your meals can have the carbs the salad meal should be carb free, so protein and fibre only. Hope this helps ;).

Kay xx

Hi Kay ,
Thanks for not bombing me off.
Yes il switch to get fit.
I'm just going to have to get used to a new routine work wise.

DATE Monday 13/7/14
DAY wk 1 day 1
PLAN red
CYCLE get fit
WATER 2L
BODY MAGIC none
CARBS none
SYNS. none
SALAD turkey, lettuce, toms, cucumber, red onion, spring onion

Hello hun, tomorrow is a green/ee day so one of your meals can have the carbs the salad meal should be carb free, so protein and fibre only. Hope this helps ;).

Kay xx

Thanks Kay :) I'll keep it carb free for dinner, I'll have the pitta for lunch, just thought the pitta + sweet potato may be pushing my luck with the carbs lol :)

Good luck with day 2 everyone :)

Hi Kay ,
Thanks for not bombing me off.
Yes il switch to get fit.
I'm just going to have to get used to a new routine work wise.

DATE Monday 13/7/14
DAY wk 1 day 1
PLAN red
CYCLE get fit
WATER 2L
BODY MAGIC none
CARBS none
SYNS. none
SALAD turkey, lettuce, toms, cucumber, red onion, spring onion

Yay ! :party0011: Super Vonic is back with us ! Whoop ! :D So happy you switched hun. You weren't gonna leave me this week were ya sis ? hehe just kidding ! Fab DAY 1 lovely ! Good luck for day 2, I know you'll smash it tomorrow ! :p

Kay xx

Thanks Kay :) I'll keep it carb free for dinner, I'll have the pitta for lunch, just thought the pitta + sweet potato may be pushing my luck with the carbs lol :)

Good luck with day 2 everyone :)

Brilliant ! :D Look forward to your day 2 posts hun. Good luck !

Kay xx

Yay ! :party0011: Super Vonic is back with us ! Whoop ! :D So happy you switched hun. You weren't gonna leave me this week were ya sis ? hehe just kidding ! Fab DAY 1 lovely ! Good luck for day 2, I know you'll smash it tomorrow ! :p Kay xx

No I didn't ,
Gotta stick together us sis xx

I know I'm a bit late but want to say congratulations to everyone on their losses. You have all done amazing xxx

What protein do people have on green days on salads besides egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back