NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What protein do people have on green days on salads besides egg?

Chickpeas are good, black beans and kidney beans x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Chickpeas are good, black beans and kidney beans x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Thanks. I've just got ratatouille on mine today as couldn't think of anything I fancied that wasn't carbalicious.

Hi Jenniecakes, I had a tin of mixed beans with mine one day, it was ok with some sort of dressing on. Good luck, here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 25
image-402207883.jpg

Date: Tues 15/07/14
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of challenge: Week 1 Day 2
Plan: EE
Water intake: 2L (so far!)
Carbs: 1 slice wm toast
Body magic: 2 hour walk
Syns: 7
Salad: Chicken tikka salad ( hi I'm CW and I'm a carrot stick addict! ;) ) and some light Garlic and Herb Philadelphia

:)

P.S. I know it's early, but there'll be no more syns / carbs today. Carrot sticks & ff yogurts only ;)

Last edited:
DATE Tuesday 14/7/14
DAY wk 1 day 2
PLAN Green
CYCLE get fit
WATER 2L (2 more glasses to go which shouldn't be a problem)
BODY MAGIC 30 mins kettlebells, 30 mins walking
CARBS new potatoes
SYNS. 7.5 (ryvita fruit crunch)
SALAD cottage cheese, bamboo shoots, carrot, cabbage, cucumber and tomatoes. Soy sauce instead of salad dressing.

Having to report at the end of each day is making me more focused. A couple of times I have reached for something then reminded myself that I don't need to be eating it. No chocolate today.

How long does it take to change a habit?

image-937348409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello everyone :wavey:, I'm back :D, I just got in, give me 10 mins peeps, then I will reply to posts, hope you all had a fab DAY 2 ! :p

Kay xx

Evening hun x Day 2, week 2.

Date: Tues 15.07.14
Cycle: get fit
Day of challenge: Day 2 Week 2
Plan: Green
Water intake: 2litres +
Carbs: Ryvita Dark Rye x4
Body magic: 30 mins + walking
Syns: 8 maltesers :eek:
Salad: quorn pieces, egg, beetroot, onion, cucumber, celery, carrots & mixed leaves

Night hun xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello lovely :), on green you can have, quorn, tofu, eggs, beans and pulses :p xx

View attachment 146202

Date: Tues 15/07/14
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of challenge: Week 1 Day 2
Plan: EE
Water intake: 2L (so far!)
Carbs: 1 slice wm toast
Body magic: 2 hour walk
Syns: 7
Salad: Chicken tikka salad ( hi I'm CW and I'm a carrot stick addict! ;) ) and some light Garlic and Herb Philadelphia

:)

P.S. I know it's early, but there'll be no more syns / carbs today. Carrot sticks & ff yogurts only ;)

Yay ! :D Well done CW, fab day 2 hun ! I love veggie sticks too :p. Your chicken tikka salad looks amazing hun, and well done on the exercise and water intake too, your doing super ! Good luck for day 3, I know you will do smashing !

Kay xx

Hi all --

Sorry I didn't realise you had to update daily and I've been busy sorry!

Yesterday I had

Weetabix 6.5 syns with milk healthy x a and a tea,

For dinner I had sausages 3 syns and veg

Today I've had a potato salad

And for dinner I had stir fry
Breakfast was weetabix and milk again.

I went to the gym today for 1 hour

Will update daily from now on - sorry :)

DATE Tuesday 14/7/14
DAY wk 1 day 2
PLAN Green
CYCLE get fit
WATER 2L (2 more glasses to go which shouldn't be a problem)
BODY MAGIC 30 mins kettlebells, 30 mins walking
CARBS new potatoes
SYNS. 7.5 (ryvita fruit crunch)
SALAD cottage cheese, bamboo shoots, carrot, cabbage, cucumber and tomatoes. Soy sauce instead of salad dressing.

Having to report at the end of each day is making me more focused. A couple of times I have reached for something then reminded myself that I don't need to be eating it. No chocolate today.

How long does it take to change a habit?

View attachment 146209

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done hun :D ! Yay ! to the fab NSV moment, who needs choc eh ? :p I'm loving your veggie salad, it's full of protein and fibre, yummy yummy yummy ;). You've done fab on the exercise and the water intake too, keep it up hun ! I'm glad you are feeling more focused on the challenge, we are all here to support you throughout the week :). The next 5 days will fly by and then a lovely super duper loss for all of you :D fingers crossed ! Good luck for day 3, I know you'll do amazing !

Kay xx

Evening hun x Day 2, week 2.

Date: Tues 15.07.14
Day of challenge: Day 2 Week 2
Plan: Green
Water intake: 2litres +
Carbs: Ryvita Dark Rye x4
Body magic: 30 mins + walking
Syns: 8 maltesers :eek:
Salad: quorn pieces, egg, beetroot, onion, cucumber, celery, carrots & mixed leaves

Night hun xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

Yay ! :D Week 2 Whoop ! Well done Ellejay :) another smashing day from you. I'm happy your hitting the water target hun, that's brilliant ! Love your yummy quorn salads and your doing brill on the exercise too ! Hope your enjoying week 2 and good luck for tomorrow, hope you have another great day on plan ! :p

Kay xx

Hi all --

Sorry I didn't realise you had to update daily and I've been busy sorry!

Yesterday I had

Weetabix 6.5 syns with milk healthy x a and a tea,

For dinner I had sausages 3 syns and veg

Today I've had a potato salad

And for dinner I had stir fry
Breakfast was weetabix and milk again.

I went to the gym today for 1 hour

Will update daily from now on - sorry :)

Hello lovely, thanks for coming to update but I need you to use the template to fill out your info like everyone else. Here it is you can copy paste it, I need it for DAY 1 and DAY 2, thanks.

Kay xx

SALAD TEMPLATE :

Date:
Cycle:
Day of challenge:
Plan:
Water intake:
Carbs:
Body magic:
Syns:
Salad:

Hi everyone :), just thought I should update about myself this week. I am doing the Turbo Cycle. As you all know from the guidelines, if you require a day off from the challenge, then that is fine, you just need to let me know which day. It's one per person. It's not compulsory, only if you need it. Obviously if you do the challenge for 7 whole days, it will be better for you. I have taken today as my day off so I will be doing the challenge for 6 days this week. I will be back on it tomorrow to complete the rest of my week ;).

Kay xx

Date: 15/07/14
Day of challenge: 2
Plan: green
Water intake: 2+ litres
Carbs: potato + small spoon full of rice/pasta/couscous (taster night at group and I couldn't say no)
Body magic: 30 mins
Syns: 10 truffle, sw cake, and other taster night goodies
Salad: ratatouille salad

Taster night at group meant I was a little off the challenge than I cared to be. Couldn't say no though as it all looked so good. Sorry guys!!

Date: 15/07/14
Day of challenge: 2
Plan: green
Water intake: 2+ litres
Carbs: potato + small spoon full of rice/pasta/couscous (taster night at group and I couldn't say no)
Body magic: 30 mins
Syns: 10 truffle, sw cake, and other taster night goodies
Salad: ratatouille salad

Taster night at group meant I was a little off the challenge than I cared to be. Couldn't say no though as it all looked so good. Sorry guys!!

Hi Jen :p, well done hun ! A fab day 2. I'm hopeing all the water will wash down all those extra carbs and the exercise :D. You've done brill on day 2 ! Sounds like taster night was well yummy. Your salad sounds delish, hope your enjoying the challenge so far and good luck for day 3, I know you'll do super well ! :):)

Kay xx

UPDATE FOR NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS ! TUES 15/07/2014

Discussing uour results with other memebers

Weighing yourself at home or at group before next Monday

Weightloss results must strictly not be discussed on the thread with other participants, once the challenge has started, during the middle of the challenge or any other time before next Mondays results.

If any of you are curious to see how much you weigh just a few days into the challenge, my advice would be to keep them scales away as the figure might not be what your expecting, your body is still adjusting and making changes and like a lot of us it may dishearten you and lead you to a binge. Please try your best not to weigh before Monday. If you find you can't help yourself then please can you keep the figure to yourself and not share it with anyone here otherwise it will naturally cause everyone to guesstimate what they feel they should be achieving. As I've mentioned before, we are all different, so our losses will vary too. The best thing you can do for yourself is to stay away from those scales until Monday morning.

Those of you that have a group weigh in before next Monday, again can you please try and keep the figure to yourself until next Monday. I hope you all agree, we all need to support each other on this ;)

Kay xx

UPDATE - for WED 16/07/2014 - DAY 3 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 3

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. Your food for the day should be packed with fibre and protein only. You must have one Salad as a Maincourse in the day. Today is a Rest Day so no exercise. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 3

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed in one meal only with a side salad. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. Your other Salad should be a Maincourse. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns maximum if you need them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back