DATE: Wed 16/07/2014
DAY: DAY 3
CYCLE: GET FIT
PLAN: RED
CARBS: None
WATER: 3L+ it's been over 24'C today!
BODY MAGIC: 1.5h walk with my boys
SYNS: 7
Salads: I bought a Mediterranean salad bowl & packet of ham on my way home, good job as I CBA when I was home and sorted boys to bed & did bottles!

ForumRunner_20140716_230619.png

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

DATE 16/7/14
DAY 3
CYCLE get fit
PLAN red
WATER INTAKE. 3L
CARBS none
BODY MAGIC should be a rest day but with being back at work walked over 4 mile over the day
SYNS none
SALAD. Turkey, lettuce , toms, cucumber, onions

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oops thought I posted earlier!

DATE: Wed 16/07/2014
DAY: DAY 3
CYCLE: GET FIT
PLAN: RED
CARBS: None
WATER: 3L+ it's been over 24'C today!
BODY MAGIC: 1.5h walk with my boys
SYNS: 7
Salads: I bought a Mediterranean salad bowl & packet of ham on my way home, good job as I CBA when I was home and sorted boys to bed & did bottles!

View attachment 146326

Well done Jess on a fab day 3. I normally buy the med salad bowl from Asda, its lovely :). Your doing smashing with your syns, water intake and exercise too :p. Good luck for day 4, looking forward to your next salad pic :D.

Kay xx

DATE 16/7/14
DAY 3
CYCLE get fit
PLAN red
WATER INTAKE. 3L
CARBS none
BODY MAGIC should be a rest day but with being back at work walked over 4 mile over the day
SYNS none
SALAD. Turkey, lettuce , toms, cucumber, onions

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay ! Well done Von on a brill day 3 ! :) Try and have some rest hun if you can. Turkey salad sounds super yummy. Your water intake is amazing too :p. Good luck for day 4, I know you will do smashing ! ;)

Kay xx

Hi Kay, Please can you add me to the list for the challenge starting Monday the 21st. I need to be focused. :wavey:

Hey HN :p, good to see you lovely. I will be putting the list up tomorrow, for next week. Of course you can join hun :D, it would be great to have you back ! I will be sending out pm's over the weekend for next weeks challenge. We've had perfect salad weather this week, lets hope it stays that way next week ! :p

Kay xx

UPDATE - Wed 17/07/2014 :)

Morning everyone, just a quick update from me, I will be out most of today visiting a relative who is unwell and may get back quite late so might not be able to come online tonight, although I will try my best. Please can you post your day 4 updates as normal this evening. I will try and look at them if I'm back in time and reply back, if not it will be tomorrow morning (FRI). If in the meantime you have any questions for me, just pm me or post them on here and I will reply, once I'm back.

Good luck to all of you and I hope you have a fab day 4 on the challenge ! :D

Just incase I don't make it online tonight, I am posting this ahead of time for all of you, for tomorrow, which is day 5 ;).

UPDATE - for FRI 18/07/2014 - DAY 5 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 5

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. Your food for the day should be packed with fibre and protein only. You must have one Salad as a Maincourse in the day. Today is a Rest Day so no exercise. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 5

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. Your food for the day should be packed with fibre and protein only. You must have 2 Salads, one as a Maincourse and one as a side. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 3 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns maximum.

Kay xx

Well done Ellejay :p fab DAY 3 hun ! Your doing brill on the water intake. I know your loving your quorn salads, but for green you can also have other proteins in your salads such as eggs, tofu, beans and pulses if you like :). Hope your enjoying week 2 just as much. Good luck for day 4 your doing smashing hun ! :D

Kay xx

Morning hun x yes, all's going well, thanks :D
I know, I tend to eat a LOT of quorn, so quick & easy, but more importantly I just love the taste & texture :D I've been eating egg prob every other day in my mains, but as I usually hv them for breakfast too, I tend to ration them lol x
Would appreciate any recipe suggestions from anyone with regards to beans & pulses (btw hate the mixed bean salad in a can!) xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thought I would share some ideas with you for syn free dressings to put on salads.

Yogurt or fat free fromage frais are brilliant, especially if you add flavourings to it. Eg rose Marie sauce for prawns. Add tomato paste and a dash of Worcester sauce. Curry powder for coronation chicken sauce.

Soy sauce works well with salmon or salad with bamboo shoots in it.

Dilute mayo or balsamic vinegar with lemon juice for fewer syns but keeping good taste.

Any other ideas you can share? For me variety is key so I want to have a different salad every day

Well done Jess on a fab day 3. I normally buy the med salad bowl from Asda, its lovely :). Your doing smashing with your syns, water intake and exercise too :p. Good luck for day 4, looking forward to your next salad pic :D.

Kay xx
Thanks hun, yeah I saw it when popped in a local store for some drinks for us.. and thought by the time I get home and sort boys and other mummy duties out, il be knackered. Which good job I did as I wad tired!! Lol. X

Thought I would share some ideas with you for syn free dressings to put on salads.

Yogurt or fat free fromage frais are brilliant, especially if you add flavourings to it. Eg rose Marie sauce for prawns. Add tomato paste and a dash of Worcester sauce. Curry powder for coronation chicken sauce.

Soy sauce works well with salmon or salad with bamboo shoots in it.

Dilute mayo or balsamic vinegar with lemon juice for fewer syns but keeping good taste.

Any other ideas you can share? For me variety is key so I want to have a different salad every day
The kraft Italian dressing is free which I use for lettuce occasionally.
A favourite one (garlic lover) natural yogurt with some chilli flakes and then I fry crushed garlic cloves and add that too. Mix and leave to marinate into the sauce for a little while.. beautiful! I always have this with the fake donner kebabs :)

A favourite one (garlic lover) natural yogurt with some chilli flakes and then I fry crushed garlic cloves and add that too. Mix and leave to marinate into the sauce for a little while.. beautiful! I always have this with the fake donner kebabs :) Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

What is a fake donner kebab?

What is a fake donner kebab?

:O have you not had the fake donner meat/kebab!? One of my fav meals...
I've added 2 pics I've previously taken of it..

Heres the link of recipe. I LOVE it!
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/219067-fake-away-doner-kebab.html

I don't add the flour.. buy add a egg as they do in the recipe from the fakeaway book.
Also can use extra lean beef mince, I just add a lamb stock cube too make it more lamb like lol. Xx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140717_171535.png
    ForumRunner_20140717_171535.png
    463.8 KB · Views: 41
  • ForumRunner_20140717_171542.png
    ForumRunner_20140717_171542.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 43
DATE 17/7/14
DAY Wk2 Day 4
CYCLE get fit
PLAN green
WATER INTAKE. Touch less than 2ltrs :(
CARBS Ryvita crackerbread x4
BODY MAGIC home workout & walking
SYNS Couple of mints, abt 4 syns
SALAD. Boiled eggs, mixed leaves, carrots, beetroot, celery, onion, tomato, cucumber, ff dressing

Hope u all had a good day xLx

Date: 17/7/14
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of challenge : 4
Plan : Green
Water intake: 2l
Carbs : cannelloni pasta
Body magic: 30 mins kettlebells, 40 mins walking
Syns: 5 ( ryvita)
Salad: cottage cheese, red cabbage slaw, tomatoes, cucumber, pearl onions, bamboo shoots

Resisted a whippy icecream this evening on the sea front as it would have taken me over 10 syns and even beginning to think II might be able to do the turbo next week. 3l of water!!!!

image-2814071205.jpg

Day of challenge : week 2, day 4
Water intake: 2L
Carbs : 6 baby potatoes.
Body magic: about 20mins. Lazy Thursdays since Jacob at nursery...
Syns: 5 on saices and 2 on quorn chicken nuggets
Salad:

ForumRunner_20140717_212400.png

:O have you not had the fake donner meat/kebab!? One of my fav meals... I've added 2 pics I've previously taken of it.. Heres the link of recipe. I LOVE it! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/219067-fake-away-doner-kebab.html I don't add the flour.. buy add a egg as they do in the recipe from the fakeaway book. Also can use extra lean beef mince, I just add a lamb stock cube too make it more lamb like lol. Xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Thanks for the link. Might give it a go.

Day of challenge : week 2, day 4
Water intake: 2L
Carbs : spaghetti hoops and sweet potato wedges
Body magic: 45 minutes walk
Syns: none yet
Salad: ratatouille salad

DATE: 17/07/14
DAY: Week 2 day 4
CYCLE: Get Fit