NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the warm welcome :) I normally leave the leafy stuff to the rabbits and guinea pigs so it may take some getting used to! But wow at the results, some really fab losses! Loving reading through the old challenges- some really good ideas x
as u say Lots tasty ideas for salads in this thread (even some that don't even seem like salads!) shout if ur struggling - just let us know what foods u like! Good luck and enjoy - u'll feel good when u've done the week!

Just hoping I can get my head around it ok with doing ww :rolleyes: Have been making notes this aft and also amended my shopping that is being delivered tomorrow so I will be well armed ;) xx

Yes there's a lot to take in - Kay's spent a lot of time refining it over time - but she'll guide u thro and bet u'll do great! Plus u'll have everyone's support - glad ur doing it - good luck!!

Goooooooooooood Morning Salad Munchers ! :D,

I hope you all had a good nights sleep and are feeling mighty fit on day 1 :greenapple:. I will be looking forward to your posts later this evening. Some yummy salad pics :drool:. Just a quick reminder, I hope you all remembered to weigh yourself this morning on your home scales for the start of the challenge. You will need to know this figure for next Monday when you weigh yourself at home again, to see how much you have lost :).

I am feeling better this morning. I'm doing the Turbo Cycle so its an exercise day for me. I have done 30 minutes already :p got another 30 mins to do later. Also I've drank 1 litre of water already, yippee ! I'm having grilled chicken salad for tea later tonight, so looking forward to that. Would love to hear how you're all getting on. I will pop back later ;).

Kay xx

NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT í*½í²

I hope you all had a good nights sleep and are feeling mighty fit on day 1 :greenapple:. I will be looking forward to your posts later this evening. Some yummy salad pics :drool:. Just a quick reminder, I hope you all remembered to weigh yourself this morning on your home scales for the start of the challenge. You will need to know this figure for next Monday when you weigh yourself at home again, to see how much you have lost :).

I am feeling better this morning. I'm doing the Turbo Cycle so its an exercise day for me. I have done 30 minutes already :p got another 30 mins to do later. Also I've drank 1 litre of water already, yippee ! I'm having grilled chicken salad for tea later tonight, so looking forward to that. Would love to hear how you're all getting on. I will pop back later ;).

Kay xx

I weighed and noted it down cos I have holes in my brain lol. Had my fruit and yogurt, nearly one litre drunk (hope there are good loos where we're going!) and salad/snacks packed. Glad you're feeling better. Off out now x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I weighed and noted it down cos I have holes in my brain lol. Had my fruit and yogurt, nearly one litre drunk (hope there are good loos where we're going!) and salad/snacks packed. Glad you're feeling better. Off out now x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yay ! :D Well done on a flying start L ! Your doing brill already being prepped for your day out :clap:. Hope you enjoy it and don't forget to take the pic before you start to munch, hehe :p xx

Morning!
Woke up with a headache, not a great start, sure it's nothing to do with all the wine I drank last night :-/ shouldn't struggle with the 2L today, need to hydrate!
Weighed in, just pondering what to have for breakfast!
Thinking omelette with quorn sausages and mushrooms.
Salad for lunch
Then tea.. a meat/fish item with roast veg.
Syns.. Maybe crisps or a mini bag of choc buttons.
Does that sound ok?

Yes there's a lot to take in - Kay's spent a lot of time refining it over time - but she'll guide u thro and bet u'll do great! Plus u'll have everyone's support - glad ur doing it - good luck!!

Thank you Upndown. I will appreciate the support so I know what I'm doing :) Good luck to you too!

Kay xx

Morning bunny :) Am tired today but raring to go on the challenge yay! Weighed myself this morning (as I do every morning haha!) and have made a note. Would really love to be 2lbs lighter this time next week so going to do my very best!

I think my food might be a little bit boring this week and much the same each day as I didn't have much time to plan lots of things for the week given that I made a spur of the moment decision to join the challenge yesterday afternoon :D I would like Saturday off if that's ok and maybe Friday evening but will see. Not going off propoints but might find it harder to stick to salads on those two days cos of it being weekend.

So glad you are feeling better this morning hun! xx

Morning!
Woke up with a headache, not a great start, sure it's nothing to do with all the wine I drank last night :-/ shouldn't struggle with the 2L today, need to hydrate!
Weighed in, just pondering what to have for breakfast!
Thinking omelette with quorn sausages and mushrooms.
Salad for lunch
Then tea.. a meat/fish item with roast veg.
Syns.. Maybe crisps or a mini bag of choc buttons.
Does that sound ok?

Morning Rosie :wavey:, yay ! that sounds perfect hun well done ! I'm sure all this fibre, water and exercise will make you feel on top of this world by the end of the week ! :D Also be prepared for lots of visits to the loo :giggle: the girls will tell you about that, hehe. Looking forward to your post later this evening with a pic of your yummy salad :p xx

*EDITED - tip - make sure your salad contains lots of the green leafy stuff ;) x

Good luck all fellow salad munchers for this week! :D

Hello lovely :), I've noted your days off for fri/sat, that's perfectly fine hun. I've also posted on your diary with some tips for the challenge, hope they help you. You will get lots of ideas on here from the others to make your salads interesting, variety is important so you don't get bored ;). Sometimes even trying different dressings or seasonings makes a difference :p. Hope you enjoy day 1 hun, looking forward to your yummy salad pic later tonight :) xx

Morning Rosie :wavey:, yay ! that sounds perfect hun well done ! I'm sure all this fibre, water and exercise will make you feel on top of this world by the end of the week ! :D Also be prepared for lots of visits to the loo :giggle: the girls will tell you about that, hehe. Looking forward to your post later this evening with a pic of your yummy salad :p xx

*EDITED - tip - make sure your salad contains lots of the green leafy stuff ;) x

Thanks Kay!
Ha I look forward to the week ahead :) clean eating makes you feel so good!
I certainly will include the leaves! I bought a whole lettuce and bag of pea shoots yesterday, and have spring onions, celery, peppers, cucumber too. Then just add stuff each day- egg, tuna, chicken, bacon...
I also picked up some fat free dressing :) x

Thanks Kay!
Ha I look forward to the week ahead :) clean eating makes you feel so good!
I certainly will include the leaves! I bought a whole lettuce and bag of pea shoots yesterday, and have spring onions, celery, peppers, cucumber too. Then just add stuff each day- egg, tuna, chicken, bacon...
I also picked up some fat free dressing :) x

Sounds on the money Rosie , your all set for a perfect weight loss week ! :p xx

Hi all,

I've only just discovered this thread and LOVE the look of it!! I've just missed out on this week's challenge (I may try sticking to it just by myself anyway and see how it works for me). But next week I would love to give this a proper shot!!

I love salads, looking forward to experimenting with them!

Hello lovely :), I've noted your days off for fri/sat, that's perfectly fine hun. I've also posted on your diary with some tips for the challenge, hope they help you. You will get lots of ideas on here from the others to make your salads interesting, variety is important so you don't get bored ;). Sometimes even trying different dressings or seasonings makes a difference :p. Hope you enjoy day 1 hun, looking forward to your yummy salad pic later tonight :) xx

Thank you Kay, I've just had a look on my diary :)

Re fri/sat, I will still keep to the exercise and water plan and may even stick with the correct food on Friday. Still staying within propoints anyway so won't be doing any damage as such!

Going to have a browse on this thread in a mo, to see what others have had to eat on this challenge.

Was going to pm you but will post here, just a few things I want to make certain of (please correct me if I'm wrong ;)):

These don't need to be syned - tea and coffee with sweetener and semi skimmed milk, nas squash, quark, fruit, salad, veg, pickled onions/beetroot

These need to be syned - light salad cream/salad dressing, yoghurt, custard, nas jelly, choc options sachet

Can have on green and red days - extra low fat cheese triangles, lighter cheese, eggs

Can have on red days - tuna, chicken, ham, soup e.g tomato or carrot and lentil

Can have on green days - warburton thin or ww wrap as long as it's only part of one meal and not with the main salad

Thanks Kay xx

Hi all,

I've only just discovered this thread and LOVE the look of it!! I've just missed out on this week's challenge (I may try sticking to it just by myself anyway and see how it works for me). But next week I would love to give this a proper shot!!

I love salads, looking forward to experimenting with them!

Hello hun :) glad your liking the thread. Unfortunately this is the last week of The Salad Challenge, then I will be closing this thread down and my new one will be going up for the winter months which will be The Soup Challenge, which will be similar to this one in parts, that's starting next Monday. If you feel you have understood this challenge well, then I still don't mind adding you today and you can join us this week on the Salads :D. If you have any questions, feel free to fire away and I will do my best to answer them on here. If you do join today you will need to post up Day 1 tonight with the rest of us using the template and take a salad pic of your salad if you can but its optional. Let me know what you decide ;) xx

Thank you Kay, I've just had a look on my diary :)

Re fri/sat, I will still keep to the exercise and water plan and may even stick with the correct food on Friday. Still staying within propoints anyway so won't be doing any damage as such!

Going to have a browse on this thread in a mo, to see what others have had to eat on this challenge.

Was going to pm you but will post here, just a few things I want to make certain of (please correct me if I'm wrong ;)):

1) These don't need to be syned - tea and coffee with sweetener and semi skimmed milk, nas squash, quark, fruit, salad, veg, pickled onions/beetroot

2) These need to be syned - light salad cream/salad dressing, yoghurt, custard, nas jelly, choc options sachet

3) Can have on green and red days - extra low fat cheese triangles, lighter cheese, eggs

4) Can have on red days - tuna, chicken, ham, soup e.g tomato or carrot and lentil

5) Can have on green days - warburton thin or ww wrap as long as it's only part of one meal and not with the main salad

Thanks Kay xx

Okay in answer to your questions :) :-

1) Correct - Perfect.
2) If you go through Section 7b of the guidelines, there is section on `Dressings ' in which you will see pics of the ones which are `free ' I think in WW they would call that `zero points ' am I right ? Light salad cream however does need to be syned hun. Fat free yogurt is free so no points. No added sugar jelly is free too so `0' points. Custard and choc options would have to be syned.
3) Correct, we call them `healthy extras on SW ' yes you can have the low fat versions of dairy .
4) Yes on RED you can have meats and proteins, veg soup would normally work better on the GREEN/EE days but you could still have it on Red in SW it would be counted as a healthy extra, but you need not worry about that, yes veg soup on red will be fine.
5) Yes you can hun, the carbs will be part of your meal which doesn't contain your salad .

Hope this helps ;) xx

THE SOUP CHALLENGE !!! :D:D:D

7 DAYS TO GO !!!:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

ARE YOU READY ??? :gimi::gimi::gimi:

STARTING ON MONDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER !!! :party0049::party0049::party0049:

If you would like to participate please start adding your names now and copy paste this post. (The new thread will be up on Sunday 28th September so you can read the new guidelines) :D :-

NAMES OF PARICIPANTS : :p ( ) to be confirmed

- (ANJU100)
- Bethanie
- Cavegirl13
- Cloudy6
- Coughdrops
- CRD

- DAISYBELL18
- Happynanna
- (Hel8)

- KAY003
- (Mariavon)
- (Still Slimming Suzy)

- Upndown

Last edited:
Yay!! Soup challenge!! Count me in.

Good luck with the final salad week y'all :D

THE SOUP CHALLENGE !!! :D:D:D

7 DAYS TO GO !!!:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

ARE YOU READY ??? :gimi::gimi::gimi:

STARTING ON MONDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER !!! :party0049::party0049::party0049:

If you would like to participate please start adding your names now and copy paste this post. (The new thread will be up on Sunday 28th September so you can read the new guidelines) :D :-

NAMES OF PARICIPANTS : :p ( ) to be confirmed

- (ANJU100)
- Bethanie
- Cavegirl13
- Cloudy6

- DAISYBELL18
- Happynanna
- (Hel8)

- KAY003
- (Mariavon)
- (Still Slimming Suzy)

- Upndown