NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello hun :) glad your liking the thread. Unfortunately this is the last week of The Salad Challenge, then I will be closing this thread down and my new one will be going up for the winter months which will be The Soup Challenge, which will be similar to this one in parts, that's starting next Monday. If you feel you have understood this challenge well, then I still don't mind adding you today and you can join us this week on the Salads :D. If you have any questions, feel free to fire away and I will do my best to answer them on here. If you do join today you will need to post up Day 1 tonight with the rest of us using the template and take a salad pic of your salad if you can but its optional. Let me know what you decide ;) xx

Ah that's really kind of you, thank you!

My one concern is that I do try to exercise every day, and I will especially be exercising every week day this week because of my lovely lazy relaxing weekend!
Because of this I am wondering whether I should allow myself a small amount of carbs some days (e.g. tonight's dinner is leftover chicken, bacon & veg hot pot which does have a small amount of potato in).

So that's Day 1 failed already! Although I do have a lovely mackerel and egg salad for lunch that I could post!

I think I'll pass on joining it this time (I may follow these guidelines closely though, which should keep me on track for a healthy week).

I look forward to the Soup Challenge next week!!:D

Yay!! Soup challenge!! Count me in.

Good luck with the final salad week y'all :D

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

Yay Niamh ! :D No worries hun, I gotcha ! :p xx

Ah that's really kind of you, thank you!

My one concern is that I do try to exercise every day, and I will especially be exercising every week day this week because of my lovely lazy relaxing weekend!
Because of this I am wondering whether I should allow myself a small amount of carbs some days (e.g. tonight's dinner is leftover chicken, bacon & veg hot pot which does have a small amount of potato in).

So that's Day 1 failed already! Although I do have a lovely mackerel and egg salad for lunch that I could post!

I think I'll pass on joining it this time (I may follow these guidelines closely though, which should keep me on track for a healthy week).

I look forward to the Soup Challenge next week!!:D

Ok hun, think its probably best if we leave this week because I was going to say switching the days around and carbs wont work. But at least following it unofficially will get you ready for next weeks challenge :D so its all good, I will add your name to the list lovely. Enjoy your salads and have a great week and we all look forward to doing the Soup Challenge with you next week ! :p xx

*EDITED - Wowzers that's a long username to type, its going to have to be CRD for the bunny I'm afraid :D hehe xx

Thank you lovely :) Am made up that fat free yoghurt and nas jelly are free on the salad challenge! The jelly is zero points on ww yes but I have to count 1 or 2 points for yoghurts but that's fine as it won't be coming out of my 200 cals ;) and leaves room for more salad cream :D

Thanks so much for your help, think I am sorted now! xxx

Perfecto ! :D Fancy some soup next week, can I tempt you ? :p xx

Is this allowed with salad on red day?

d90d3bf1b74eea751401600b7e117d78_zps3e0984fa.jpg :D

And do I need to syn this?

2b72b80925e393e2b1a16bfc4823e62e_zpsb047c8a8.jpg

Last edited:
I will definitely join you on the soup challenge at some point ;) Will that do ya? :D xx

...says the girls who joins The Salad Challenge in its last week :giggle:. Yeh I get it, you just like to be different, salads in winter and soups in summer ! hehe :D xx

I have a question too! Can I have half a tin of baked beans with my tea? I haven't had a Hexb and I gather beans can be a Hexb on red but don't know how it works on the salad challenge! X

Hey Rosie, hope I'm not too late. Yep you can have beans hun but on Red your HEXb's need to be syned (apart from dried fruit). If you had them on the GREEN/EE days they would be fine. Hope this helps ;) xx

THE SOUP CHALLENGE !!! :D:D:D

7 DAYS TO GO !!!:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

ARE YOU READY ??? :gimi::gimi::gimi:

STARTING ON MONDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER !!! :party0049::party0049::party0049:

If you would like to participate please start adding your names now and copy paste this post. (The new thread will be up on Sunday 28th September so you can read the new guidelines) :D :-

NAMES OF PARICIPANTS : :p ( ) to be confirmed

- (ANJU100)
- Bethanie
- Cavegirl13
- Cloudy6
- Charleybar
- Coughdrops
- CRD

- DAISYBELL18
- Happynanna
- (Hel8)

- KAY003
- (Mariavon)
- SJB
- (Still Slimming Suzy)

- Upndown

So just an update from me on Day 1 so far. I'm doing the Turbo Cycle. 1 hour of exercise done and 2 litres of water done just 1 litre to go. Chicken salad prepped and ready later for tea :D. Hope your all getting on fine too. Looking forward to all the updates later tonight, can't wait to see some of the pics :p xx

...says the girls who joins The Salad Challenge in its last week :giggle:. Yeh I get it, you just like to be different, salads in winter and soups in summer ! hehe :D xx

Not different, I like to be awkward :D

First one is yes and second one is no :D xx

Thank you :)

So just an update from me on Day 1 so far. I'm doing the Turbo Cycle. 1 hour of exercise done and 2 litres of water done just 1 litre to go. Chicken salad prepped and ready later for tea :D. Hope your all getting on fine too. Looking forward to all the updates later tonight, can't wait to see some of the pics :p xx

Well done on day 1 ;) xx

1.DATE: MON 22/09/2014
2.CYCLE : The Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 1
4. PLAN: RED DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: NONE
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: NONE
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 200 cals (salad cream 140 cals, 6 mints 60 cals)
9. SALAD:

Chicken and egg salad for lunch - Salad leaves, onion, grated carrot, cucumber, beetroot, chicken, egg, salad cream (syned)

85281d3b6c9185a64b046f7cb4d9793b_zps8e2772fa.jpg

Cheese, tuna and egg salad for tea - Salad leaves, onion, grated carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, beetroot, tuna, egg, lighter cheese, salad cream (syned)

c98546087ce787332a88fa376d04453b_zps5f57d930.jpg

I've got some interesting ;) soups for next week.I am confident no one else will want to try them.:)

hehe :giggle: why do you say that ? xx

2.CYCLE : The Get Fit Cycle
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 Litres
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: NONE
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 200 cals (salad cream 140 cals, 6 mints 60 cals)
9. SALAD:

Chicken and egg salad for lunch - Salad leaves, onion, grated carrot, cucumber, beetroot, chicken, egg, salad cream (syned)

View attachment 154196

Cheese, tuna and egg salad for tea - Salad leaves, onion, grated carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, beetroot, tuna, egg, lighter cheese, salad cream (syned)

View attachment 154197

Yay ! :D Well done Sam on completing a fantastic day 1, you achieved all your targets :p ! Your salads looks amazing :drool:. I'm loving the pics, bet they were super yummy too :p. You did brill on the water and syns too hun. Good luck for day 2, I know you will smash it ! xx

2.CYCLE : The Turbo Cycle
5. WATER INTAKE: 3 Litres
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 1 Hour Walking
8. TOTAL SYNS: 6 (protein shake 5, olives 1)
9. SALAD 1: Omelette with side green salad / SALAD 2 : Chargrilled Chicken with green salad and olives.

IMG_0861.jpg IMG_1094.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back