NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you are all doing well challengers :)

20140923_130636.jpg
Date: Tues 23rd
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of Challenge: 2
Plan: EE
Water intake: 2L
Carbs: a small potato cut into wedges with tea (veggie burgers, tomatoes and onions).
Exercise: 30min walk
Syns: 8 (popcorn, chocolate buttons, options)
Salad: Hope my pic works! Lettuce, red onion, celery, peppers, boiled egg, chicken in bbq spices, cottage cheese and pickle :)

...oh dear oh dear, late today :eek: sorry folks I'm here, ok going to catch up on your posts now :character00148: :D xx

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been on since yesterday, depression strikes again :( Sorry Kay I'm doing the get fit plan and I'm in for the soup challenge. Here's today's info.

Date. 23/9/14.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. Day 1.
Plan. Red.
Water intake. 2 litres.
Carbs. None.
Body magic. None.
Syns. 10 Salad cream, sweets.
Salad. Mackerel, shop bought salad pot

..oh boo to the depression, hope you feel better soon hun :(, but yay ! upside down salads are here again ! :D happy days ! Well done Helen on a fab day 1. Despite not feeling well, you've made a real effort and hit all your targets, woohoo ! :p I'm loving your mackerel salad, yum yum . Hope your enjoying the challenge too ! Good luck for day 2, I know you will do super ! :p xx

Hi Kay,

Sorry I have not been on. Work is getting really busy.

I would love to join in the challenge for the last week.

I will start posing today. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yay ! Suzy's doing the challenge with us :D. Looking forward to your posts hun and yummy salad pics :p xx

Whoops - I made a mistake there I copy/pasted the format and didn't change the exercise section - I did some strenuous gardening and an exercise DVD - will edit now x

Ok lovely no worries, that's perfect :), hope you've had a fab day 2, looking forward to your post later xx

Hope it's going well for everyone? Kay is rather quiet... hope you're alright hun? I've munched lots of fruit and my salad today and drunk loads of squash, so going good. Body magic is clearing and moving boxes, back later with food report. x

Yay ! :p Well done L, sounds like a fantastic day 2, looking forward to your post later hun ;) xx

Yep all good here Cloudy. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Missing the bunny though :confused:

Aww you missed me :D, I'm here the bunny is here :p xx

Date: Tues 23rd
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of Challenge: 2
Plan: EE
Water intake: 2L
Carbs: a small potato cut into wedges with tea (veggie burgers, tomatoes and onions).
Exercise: 30min walk
Syns: 8 (popcorn, chocolate buttons, options)
Salad: Hope my pic works! Lettuce, red onion, celery, peppers, boiled egg, chicken in bbq spices, cottage cheese and pickle :)

Yay ! Well done Rosie :D fab day 2 ! Loving your salad pic, it looks so yummy and healthy :p, I hope it filled you up. Just looking around the plate the only thing I would suggest is amongst the other food items on the plate the salad is a little less.

I have been asked this before in terms of what proportion of salad should be eaten and I would say for a maincourse salad dish the salad should take up at least half of your plate, the green leafy stuff :), I've also been asked if veggies can be substituted for salad, I'm afraid not, the bulk of it has to be lots of green leafy stuff. Fibre is a big part of this challenge and a huge aid with the weightloss. Sorry hun I know you didn't ask but I'm just saying this to help everyone, hope you don't mind ;).

Rosie well done on the water your doing fab with that and the syns and exercise ! :p I hope your feeling mighty fit inside :D, you should be well proud of yourself, your doing brill ! Good luck for day 3, I hope you do super hun :):) xx

Last edited:
THE SOUP CHALLENGE !!! :D:D:D

6 DAYS TO GO !!!:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

ARE YOU READY ??? :gimi::gimi::gimi:

STARTING ON MONDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER !!! :party0049::party0049::party0049:

If you would like to participate please start adding your names now and copy paste this post. (The new thread will be up on Sunday 28th September so you can read the new guidelines) :D :-

NAMES OF PARICIPANTS : :p ( ) to be confirmed

- (ANJU100)
- Bethanie
- Cavegirl13
- Cloudy6
- Charleybar
- Coughdrops
- CRD

- DAISYBELL18
- Happynanna
- Hel8

- KAY003
- (Mariavon)
- SJB
- (Still Slimming Suzy)

- Upndown

1.DATE: TUES 23/09/2014
2.CYCLE : The Turbo Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 2
4. PLAN: RED DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 3 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: NONE
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: Rest Day
8. TOTAL SYNS: 7 (protein shake 5, olives 2)
9. SALAD 1: Side green salad with cherry tomatoes and olives / SALAD 2 : Chargrilled Haddock with Florette crispy salad, olives and cherry tomatoes.

IMG_0813.jpg IMG_0895.jpg

Thank you for the feedback :) it did fill me up! I'm always surprised how much it does. Stupidly I forgot my pea shoots today (hence there's less leaves!). I thought there was something missing then I found them in the fridge :-/
I feel quite good though my totm is throwing me off slightly. Going to be out for lunch tomorrow so I'm going to acquaint myself with the eating out section of this thread :) xx

Sorry, bit late tonight!

1. DATE:TUESDAY 23/09/14
2. CYCLE : The Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 2
4. PLAN: GREEN DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: Weight Watchers Wrap
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 35 minute walk
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 200 (mints 90, choc options 40, light digestive 70)
9. SALAD: warm salad with cheese and egg, might look yuck but it was very tasty! Salad leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, sliced onion, grated carrot all mixed with garlic salad dressing, sliced boiled egg and grated cheese on top, put under grill to melt yum!

135575ffe3fb6880822f5f385b72675f_zps4cd2d269.jpg

Thank you for the feedback :) it did fill me up! I'm always surprised how much it does. Stupidly I forgot my pea shoots today (hence there's less leaves!). I thought there was something missing then I found them in the fridge :-/
I feel quite good though my totm is throwing me off slightly. Going to be out for lunch tomorrow so I'm going to acquaint myself with the eating out section of this thread :) xx

Ok hun, it's brill that your full, it must be all that fibre so your obviously getting enough ;), sorry for the TMI, but I hope your getting plenty of visits to the loo too, that's always a good sign :p. Yep the eating out section is really helpful. Also if you happen to have an online menu of where you are going, you can post the link on here and we can help you with suggestions, but if your ok to figure it out that's cool too :cool:. There is also the option of having tomorrow as your day off if you like. Everyone can have a planned day off in the week, 2 max if needed :) xx

Sorry, bit late tonight!

1. DATE:TUESDAY 23/09/14
2. CYCLE : The Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 2
4. PLAN: GREEN DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: Weight Watchers Wrap
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 35 minute walk
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 200 (mints 90, choc options 40, light digestive 70)
9. SALAD: warm salad with cheese and egg, might look yuck but it was very tasty! Salad leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, sliced onion, grated carrot all mixed with garlic salad dressing, sliced boiled egg and grated cheese on top, put under grill to melt yum!

View attachment 154346

Yay ! :D Well done Sam, fab day 2 hun ! You've hit all your targets. Your salad looks delish :p, I bet you enjoyed it too. I know you love your salad dressing, I can just about see the good green stuff underneath it :D. Well done on the water intake, syns and exercise. Your all doing so brill this week. Good luck with day 3, I think you will do smashing ! xx

Ok hun, it's brill that your full, it must be all that fibre so your obviously getting enough ;), sorry for the TMI, but I hope your getting plenty of visits to the loo too, that's always a good sign :p. Yep the eating out section is really helpful. Also if you happen to have an online menu of where you are going, you can post the link on here and we can help you with suggestions, but if your ok to figure it out that's cool too :cool:. There is also the option of having tomorrow as your day off if you like. Everyone can have a planned day off in the week, 2 max if needed :) xx

My appetite goes a bit funny at totm- normally I feel like I need carbs but at the mo small meals are satisfying. Odd.
Not a problem, I'm used to discussing toilet issues! I have IBS so generally a bit all over (again, totm throws this too!) but i have felt fine so far. Shall up the peppermint tea just in case ;-)
I should have a choice for lunch so I was thinking I'd go for a subway?! Then id just have to syn the sauce/dressing (sweet onion, my fave!)...
I may need Sunday as a day off though I'd prefer not to have one at all. It's up in the air whether I will be going out for tea with the in-laws-to-be or not but so close to the end I'd love not to lol x

Yay ! :D Well done Sam, fab day 2 hun ! You've hit all your targets. Your salad looks delish :p, I bet you enjoyed it too. I know you love your salad dressing, I can just about see the good green stuff underneath it :D. Well done on the water intake, syns and exercise. Your all doing so brill this week. Good luck with day 3, I think you will do smashing ! xx

Thanks Kay, I'm glad I'm getting it right! My salad was really lovely and there was definitely plenty of green stuff underneath ;) I also had some green stuff with my lunch :D xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back