New me for 2014!

02/02/2014 - Red

Breakfast
2 Fried Eggs
2 Small Wholemeal Slices

Lunch
Toby Carvary! Turkey,Carrots, Peas, Leaks, Table spoon of mash and table spoon of stuffing.
Had some choccie fudge cake (Was VERY rich, I felt so guilty having it that I only had maybe a quarter of it in the end!)

Dinner
Didn't have dinner as was already about 2.30 at the Carvary and munched on some snacks before bed.

Snacks
Strawberry Mullerlight
7 Seafood sticks
1 x Tangerine

Healthy Extras
A Choice 280ml 1% Fat milk
B Choice 2 x Small Wholemeal bread
A Choice
B Choice

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
2 x White tea with 1% Fat milk
1 x Diet Coke

Syns Total: Not sure after the carvary so going to have nothing else syn wise today and hope I didn't have too many!

Last edited:
Hi Smuffin :wavey: your foodage looks really good . Loving the sound of the choccie fudge cake, that's right up my street, yum yum :p !

Kay xx

Oh it was lovely, but I felt SO bad eatting it. The guilt was unreal I wasted nearly all of it!

03/02/2014 - Green

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix + 1% Fat Milk
1 x Banana

Lunch
Made a box salad the night before, filled with lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, celery, cucumber.
Still hungry even though I think i've eatten a lot so having some Chicken noodles too!

Dinner
Pasta, Dolmio Sauce, Quorn fat free sausage, Mushrooms, onions, courgettes.
Box Salad.
Had cake in a mug and strawberries for afters! :) (2 syns)

Snacks
2 x Tangerine
1 x Strawberry Mullerlight
1 x Banana

Healthy Extras
A Choice 280ml 1% Fat milk
B Choice 2 x Weetabix
A Choice
B Choice

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
1.5 Litre Water
2 x Tea with 1% Fat Milk

Syns Total: 2

Last edited:
Well done on wasting the cake, Better on a plate than on you!!!! Maybe you were hungry today because there was no protein with your salad box lunch? proteins really do 'keep you fuller longer', otherwise looking good x

Yes I realised this afternoon that I probably should of done some pasta last night and put ready to have as Pasta salad then! But was too late and I was working so grabbed the noodles I had at hand which seemed to work. Going to have turkey salad tomorrow for lunch with my Red day, and will do pasta salads on Green days. Not sure what else I can have, maybe boiled eggs.

Really need a good loss this week to keep me motivated after my 1/4 of a pound loss on my first week :(

Hi Smuffin, I'm sure you'll have a good loss this week. Your food diary looks good so far. Turkey salad with eggs for lunch sounds yum :) .

Kay xx

Thanks Kay, I'm hoping so! Not sure what to do if I don't as I think it will just put me off SW :(

04/02/2014 - Red

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix and 1% Fat milk
Banana

Lunch
Big turkey salad! Turkey, Lettuce, Onions, Mushrooms, Celery, Tomatoes, Crabsticks, Cucumber. If I have anymore salad Ill become a rabbit I think. Deffo had my veggies today!! :)
Hour or so later also had 2 small slices wholemeal bread and lean bacon. Couldn't say no!

Dinner
Smoked Haddock
Teaspoon of I can't believe it's not butter light (1 Syn)
Smash Cheese and Onion 33G (1 ½ Syn)
Mushrooms and Onions
Side salad.

Snacks
Mullerlight
Tangerine
Cake in a cup (2syns) and a strawberry mullerlight!

Healthy Extras
A Choice 280ML 1% Fat Milk
A Choice
B Choice 2 x Weetbix
B Choice 2 small slices wholemeal bread

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
3 x Tea 1% Fat Milk
0.50cl of no sugar lemon juice
1.5 Litres of Sugar free Volvic Strawberry water
0.75CL of water

Drunk lots today!! :D

Syns Total: 4 ½

Last edited:
Good luck with the weight loss

Thanks Jennie, you too! :) xx

05/02/2014 - Green

Breakfast
2 Eggs
Banana

Lunch
Mug Shot Chicken
Boxed Salad

Dinner
Pasta
Dolmio, Bolognese Sauce Extra Mushroom 250G - 4.5Syns
Mushrooms
Onions

Fat free quorn sausage
Small Boxed Salad

Snacks
Tangerine
Mullerlight Strawberry
2 x Banana

Healthy Extras
A Choice 280ML 1% Fat Milk
A Choice
B Choice
B Choice

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
1 x Tea 1% Fat Milk
0.50CL Lemon water
0.75CL Water

Syns Total: 4.5Syns

Last edited:
Hi smuffin, I noticed dinner has been left blank :D any ideas what your having ? I'm stuck on the same, don't know what too cook tonight. How has your day been so far ?

Kay xx

I think im gonna go for the Sainsburys pasta and herb pasta tonight. Got me box salad made up to go with it! :) Tomorrow im gonna try magic pancakes, and this chocolate cake recipe I saw on a facebook group 4 1/2 syns for the WHOLE cake!! And going to make pork and apple burgers! :) Excited.

3 eggs, 25g cocoa and 30g granulated sweetener. Separate the eggs, whisk whites to soft peaks, whisk the rest of the ingredients, including the egg yolks with a splash of water, combine the two until thoroughly mixed and bake in any shallow small tin at 160 for around 25 mins. It is gorgeous! I was given a recipe with double those quantities but halved as it doesn't keep well due to having no fat in x

Days been ok so far, finish work in couple of hours. Still worrying about weigh in Saturday cos keep jumping on scales each day (Which I know I shouldnt! :eek:) and see no difference :( No idea what I'm doing wrong, tried cutting things like creme eggs and smarties out and the coke as thought it might help, doubled up on me salads but nothing seems to be helping. Thought about getting the Wii fit out but worried that it will then show up as no loss what with the fat turning into muscle, and sure that's good but think it will put me off if I don't see a loss.

Hows your day been so far? xx

Your food dairy has been really good this week, so try not to go by your home scales until your official weigh in. You still have a couple of days till sat, just eat plenty of free and superfree and drink plenty of water. Green tea is also good for cleansing the system and make things move. Keep posting your food diary on here so others can give you tips. Your doing a great job. Food sounds fab. Do post up pics if you can, tomorrows food sounds lush :p.

I have my sister coming around tonight for dinner, so trying to wizz up something nice for dinner tonight, still looking at recipes when I should really be cooking by now :p. Will post my foodage up later tonight. Dessert is already in the fridge, chocolate orange cheesecake, yum yum :D.

Kay xx

I've never been good in the kitchen! Was so relieved when I found out cake in a cup was quite yummy and so simple haha. The porridge oats and half a mullerlight are mixed up and in the fridge over night for pancakes in the morning. Shall try and get a pic of them and the Choccie cake for sure, providing they don't fail!

Had company around dinner time and completely forgot I was going to have that sainsburys pasta pack and ended up cooking my dolmio sauce and pasta up. Opps! Need to try and mix it up a bit more then just that.. Just completely forgot cos the company :( Atleast I still cooked a normal green day meal though.

Hope you found some yummy receipes for enjoying your evening with you sister :)

Shall do! I'm using this one hun.

Prep time
2 mins

Cook time
10 mins

Total time
12 mins

Magic Pancakes – Syn Free on all plans
Author: karen
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: British
Serves: 1

Ingredients

• 35g porridge oats
  • half muller light yoghurt
  • 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
  • 2 eggs

Instructions

1. place your 35g of porridge oats in a bowl & mix with half a muller light yoghurt
  2. leave this mixture overnight in the fridge
  3. Then in the morning whisk 2 eggs into the mixture
  4. Add 2 tbsp of sweetener
  5. Pre heat a large frying pan and spray with fry light – medium heat
  6. Use a desert spoon and measure out roughly 12 small pancakes
  7. Fry one side for about 4-5 minutes until it stops bubbling
  8. Flip over and cook for further 3-4 minutes until golden brown
  9. Serve with some fresh fruit of your choice or any other syn free accompaniment

I firstly tried to make them by pouring the whole mixture into a big frying pan, cooked slow but it turned out a bit of an eggy mess and I couldnt turn it without it breaking up — so tip for you —– keep them small and use a desert spoon of mixture to make small round pancakes. This makes sure they do not break up and also they cook properly. Here is the recipe I have tweaked which worked the best for making these.

oh thanks smuffin going to save the pancake recipe, sounds yummy for breakfast :D . Would love to know how the cake in a cup turns out. Well done for sticking to the green plan even though you had company. You're doing so well hun :) .

Kay xx

Ive had cake in a cup nearly every night this week I think :eek: Its only 2 syns though. Just use 1 Options hot chocolate, an egg and 4 tsp of sweetner, I only use 3 though or it's a bit too much. Mix it all up in a cup, Stick it in the micro for 1.40 mins and yum yum!! Some people put mullerlight on top, but I really love it without.

Back