New me for 2014!

Ive had cake in a cup nearly every night this week I think :eek: Its only 2 syns though. Just use 1 Options hot chocolate, an egg and 4 tsp of sweetner, I only use 3 though or it's a bit too much. Mix it all up in a cup, Stick it in the micro for 1.40 mins and yum yum!! Some people put mullerlight on top, but I really love it without.

oh wow smuffin, thanks for that, I love quick treats and it's low in syns, will defo give this a try :D.

Kay xx

Hiya Kay! Did you try the cake in a cup yet, did you like? :) I know a few people don't like it, but if you're one of the lucky ones who do then it sure does help when you're craving chocolate.

Ive had a good day thanks! Made magic pancakes this morning which were lovely, went into town and only had a diet coke in the wimpy while mum enjoyed her hot choc and chips! Came home made the 4 1/2 syn cake, big fail.. was disgusting, may attempt it again tomorrow. Made some extra lean pork and apple burgers for dinner. They were lovely! Shall post some pics and bits up in a moment. How's your day been? xx

06/02/2014 - Red

Breakfast
Magic Pancakes - They were yummy! I had a bit canderel on side to dip em in.
Banana

mpc.jpg

Lunch
No lunch today, we went into town.

Dinner
Made some pork and apple burgers! Had one in a 60G wholemeal bun with cucumber and lettuce. 2 Syns for a cheese slice?? Don't think it qualified as a healthy A not 100% sure.
Had one on plate outside of a bun too.
Cauliflower, Broccoli.
Smash Cheese and Onion 33G (1 ½ Syn)
b.jpg

Snacks
Banana
Tangerine
Cake in a cup (2 syns) and strawberries!
sc.jpg
Another banana!

Healthy Extras
A Choice 280ML 1% Fat Milk
A Choice
B Choice 30g porridge in magic pancakes
B Choice 60G wholemeal bun

Drinks
2 x Tea 1% Fat Milk
Diet Coke at Wimpy

Syns: 5 ½

Last edited:
Hey Smuffin!! Not been on for a week (bad week) - how are you getting on?? When's your next weigh day? I maintained last week. Hmph. :/ xx

Wow smuffin your food looks amazing, I've already eaten but your making me hungry all over again :p. Loving the pancakes, I will defo try those out. I'm sure your in for a good loss this week. Well done for staying focused on plan hun.

Kay xx

Thanks ladies!

Just added my cake in a cup and strawberries. It tastes better than it looks, I promise!! I was originally going to have a banana and custard mullerlight heated up as a custard, but it looked a bit curdled and didn't smell too good after 30 seconds in the microwave!! Anyone have any ideas for a warm custard to go over top the cake in a cup?

I don't do much in the kitchen usually, but it's been fun trying all the new stuff. Going to look for some more easy things I can try :)

Hey Smuffin!! Not been on for a week (bad week) - how are you getting on?? When's your next weigh day? I maintained last week. Hmph. :/ xx

Hiya Lou I checked your diary yesterday as wondered where were. Glad to see you back :) My first week I lost 1/4 of a pound. Not sure why maybe I did something wrong.. being's the first week is meant to be one of the biggest losses. Next weigh in is Saturday morning so fingers crossed! Think I may go for an all red week this coming week if there's not much of a loss again.

Aww, just got to look at it as maintaining is better than gaining so that's good really! xx

I need help, it's my mothers birthday next weekend, she wants to go to pizza hut but is feeling bad about me doing my SW and me stepping foot in there. I'd like to be able to say to her.. It's ok, lets go! Without me or her worrying about it affecting me.

Would it hurt that much if I got a regular farm house pizza and ate a lot from the salad cart, beings you can go back and fourth from there as much as you want. I know it's better to go and have a pasta, or just have one slice and lots of salad.. but I don't think it would work out like that. Or does anyone know what the lowest syn pizza is? I am going to have a Red week all this week anyway, so maybe that will help too. Should I try and have no syns all week so I don't have to worry too much on pizza hut night or? Help please! :eek:

So today is my last green day for a week, as going to have a full week of red in hope of a positive loss! Would like to do a Red day speed soup if anyone knows receipe? Every one I find is for EE or Green :confused: Now going to go and destory my room and throw out all my 'fat' clothes so then there's no going back!! Hope everyone has had a great day so far!

07/02/2014 Green

Breakfast
35g Weetabix Crunchy Bran 1% Fat Milk
Banana

Lunch
Fried Egg
Bacon - Completely forgot this was syn when cooking it. Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself Smoked Bacon Medallions. It's 9/12 per 100G and I only had one for 20g so I hope I got this right that it's 2syns.
Mushrooms
Onions
Corn on the cob
Tomatoes

Dinner
Pasta
Dolmio, Bolognese Sauce Extra Mushroom 250G - 4.5Syns
Quorn Fillet
Onions
Mushrooms
Courgettes

Snacks
Tangerine
Banana
Mullerlight Strawberry
Cake in a cup 2 Syns

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
1 x Tea with 1% Fat Milk

Healthy A 280ML 1% Fat Milk
Healthy A
Healthy B 35g Weetabix Crunchy Bran
Healthy B

Syns Total 8.5

Last edited:
You seem to be doing really well! An easy red day speed soup is tinned tomato, onion, carrot and celery boiled together with a vegetable stock cube and seasoned however you like, then whizzed up till it's smooth; you can add some quark stuff to make it 'cream' soup. A touch of chilli makes it quite warming! c x

Hi Smuffin your foodage looks really good. I would love to try out the speed soup you are talking about. Let me know how it turns out. I hope you are enjoying your red days :). Hope you have a nice weekend hun.

Kay xx

Apparently it's really meant to help. So thought I may give it a go even if only a few days of the week. Thanks Border shall give it a go!! :) xx You too Kay! xx

You seem to be doing really well! An easy red day speed soup is tinned tomato, onion, carrot and celery boiled together with a vegetable stock cube and seasoned however you like, then whizzed up till it's smooth; you can add some quark stuff to make it 'cream' soup. A touch of chilli makes it quite warming! c x

I am going to try this one above that Borderlass recommended as it's the only one I know of suitable for red days.

There's a few for EE and Green days though. This is the one free on EE and Green days!:

Slimming World High Energy 12 Vegetable Super Speed Soup
Author: Samantha Milner
Recipe type: Free Slimming World Recipes
Cuisine: Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins

Serves: 8

Ingredients

• 1 Can Mixed Beans
  • 1 Can Baked Beans
  • 1 Large Onion
  • 4 Medium Sliced Carrots
  • Handful Of Split Lentils
  • 2 Large Leeks
  • 2 Parsnips
  • 1 Green Pepper
  • 1 Red Pepper
  • 1 Yellow Pepper
  • 1 Can Green Lentils
  • 2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes
  • 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Mixed Herbs
  • Water

Instructions

1. Chop up the leeks, onion, carrots, parsnips and peppers. And add the chopped vegetables to the pan.
  2. Add all other ingredients to pan, except salt and pepper.
  3. Fill the pan with water, making sure there is enough to cover all of the ingredients. Then bring mixture to a boil.
  4. Reduce to a simmer and then cook until the ingredients are soft (I like to simmer soups for around 45 minutes.)
  5. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more herbs so that it matches your own personal taste.
  6. Serve as is, or blend if desired. We blend ours for a smooth look and sometimes use a little for a sauce over some grilled or steamed meat and it is very tasty.

Per Portion: SYN FREE On Green & Extra Easy Days

I wonder how many syns it would be on a red day. Hmmm. Im googling like crazy trying to find a super duper red day one.

Last edited:
Weigh in and lost 1 and a half pounds. Was hoping for a little more beings I'd been super good but I guess it's better than nothing. I'm having a full red week this week. Going to try and drink 2 litres+ Water every day and starting the 30 day Shred on Monday!!

08/02/2014 Red

Breakfast
Magic Pancakes (35g Porridge oats)
Banana
pc.jpg

Lunch
Turkey Salad, lots of carrots, celery, Lettuce, tomatos, onions, cucumber, mushrooms. Yumyum!!

Dinner
2 x Extra lean pork and apple burgers, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Salad.
Tomato Ketchup - 2 syns
60G Wholemeal roll
Snacks
3 x Tangerine
3 Seafood Sticks
Strawberry Mullerlight
Banana
Cake in a cup 2 syns

Drinks
2 x Green Tea
3 x Tea with 1% Fat Milk
1 Litre Volvic Strawberry no sugar water.

Healthy A 280ML 1% Fat Milk
Healthy A
Healthy B (35g Porridge oats)
Healthy B 60G Wholemeal roll

Syns Total 4

Last edited:
Hello Smuffin, here to follow!
Congratulations on your loss still, I'd have taken any loss this week but onwards and slim wards that's the key. I notice were of similar height too. I've made the pancakes too this morning, can I post it here? Xx

Hiya Cookie :D Thanks. Sure I'd love to see how yours turned out! I'm not sure mine are looking how they're meant to, it's only the second time I made them.

Back