New Mummy - Trying to keep on SW track!!

Hiya ladies, can I join in here please? I had my little boy Anderson in March this year. I've been on SW the last three weeks and really enjoying it. I could do with a bit of moral support from other SW mummies, cos it's hard work sometimes sticking to this when all I want to do is pig out after being up all flamming night!

Here's a picture of my wee man like butter wouldn't melt this morning after keeping me up all night!

Hi! The best advice I can give u is BATCH COOKING! It's def the key 2 success at SW espec wif a baby, it's even better if u ave a slow cooker. I cook curries, stews, soups, chilli etc in huge amounts, portion them up n freeze them. 2day for example I made a huge vat of bolognaise sauce in the slow cooker so we had spag bol 4 T this evenin n there's enough left over 4 another spag bol n a lasagne (n that's wif decent sized portions! :D)

Yer wee man's lovely by the way :)

Last edited:
I was down to 10st 9 last week!! Eeeekkkkkk!!!

Gained 2 this week but I blame a champagne afternoon I went on on Monday.

I now have 10 weeks to lose 1st 7lb before I go back to work as I have just ordered my uniform in a size 8 like I was before I went on mat leave!

Hi can I join! Baby is nearly 2 weeks old now. I had a little girl, she's totally squidgy. She's breasted and I can't remember how many a's and b's I'm allowed on a green day, does anyone know?

I have 4st4.5lb to get back to target. Looks like I may have had gestational diabetes although it wasn't diagnosed until birth. I need a gtt test in 4 weeks time. I wondered why I was gaining so much weight.

image-1572373903.jpg

Hiya cake congratulations she's beautiful x
How are your other children finding their little baby sister? My girls and boy love their sister to bits but my boy does get a little jealous when he cant get cuddles on tap.
Oh no about the gd, did they not offer you a gtt during pregnancy?
Sorry I cant help with the a and b's during breastfeeding but i think there is a sw breastfeeding thread around. Those 4st4.5lbs will fly off once your body is over those affects of gd xxx

Hiya cake congratulations she's beautiful x
How are your other children finding their little baby sister? My girls and boy love their sister to bits but my boy does get a little jealous when he cant get cuddles on tap.
Oh no about the gd, did they not offer you a gtt during pregnancy?
Sorry I cant help with the a and b's during breastfeeding but i think there is a sw breastfeeding thread around. Those 4st4.5lbs will fly off once your body is over those affects of gd xxx

No I wasn't tested as my booking bmi was under 30. But she came early and was 8lb13oz and combining that with my 5.5st gain despite my efforts to be good (for first 30 weeks anyway lol after that I lost the plot) and I had 3x the normal water level.

The kids adore her. The only real issue is with my youngest (no longer the youngest lol), she keeps wanting to pick her up. I got in earlier and baby was in her caraway so I ran to the loo. Thought dh was supervising but the three year old had un strapped her and picked her up. Very carefully but still it scared me, she just adores her but she needs to know it has to be supervised cuddles. Need eyes in the back of my head lol!

Jealousy is normal Hun it'll ease off in time.

Hi can I join! Baby is nearly 2 weeks old now. I had a little girl, she's totally squidgy. She's breasted and I can't remember how many a's and b's I'm allowed on a green day, does anyone know?

I have 4st4.5lb to get back to target. Looks like I may have had gestational diabetes although it wasn't diagnosed until birth. I need a gtt test in 4 weeks time. I wondered why I was gaining so much weight.

View attachment 121353

Hi hun, congrats! She's beyooootiful. I believe you get 8 HE's on a green day but will double check tomorrow. Obv most should be A's for calcium. I'm still bf a seven month old and it's worked fine for me. I found my milk supply liked porridge oats. Really noticed in the first few months if I didn't have them! Good luck xxx

Lol my youngest is the same, he seems to think he has exclusive rights over his little sister and wont let his older sisters near her! He tried picking her up at the beginning but got a good telling off with me about not picking up baby without mummy so he hasnt tried it again.
Oh that is a shame with the gtt, in my last pregnancy i thought i would get away with it but I was told they do a gtt test with all pregnant asian ladies as we are more prone to gd even though i havent come across one as yet. She's a lovely weight, so nice and huggable. My son was the bigger baby but my last daughter has been tiny from the beginning and still is but she is a little live wire for someone so small x

Hi hun, congrats! She's beyooootiful. I believe you get 8 HE's on a green day but will double check tomorrow. Obv most should be A's for calcium. I'm still bf a seven month old and it's worked fine for me. I found my milk supply liked porridge oats. Really noticed in the first few months if I didn't have them! Good luck xxx

Porridge! Excellent i'll have room for porridge for supper then! That could work out well. I'm hungry all the time and I don't think my meals are big enough because I keep looking for sugary snacks. Exhaustion could be to blame too though.

Yeah I found that but I ate quite a lot of ryvita with cheese triangles cos they are quick and easy and they kept me going! It's great having so many HE's! So much to choose from! Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine xx

Lol my youngest is the same, he seems to think he has exclusive rights over his little sister and wont let his older sisters near her! He tried picking her up at the beginning but got a good telling off with me about not picking up baby without mummy so he hasnt tried it again.
Oh that is a shame with the gtt, in my last pregnancy i thought i would get away with it but I was told they do a gtt test with all pregnant asian ladies as we are more prone to gd even though i havent come across one as yet. She's a lovely weight, so nice and huggable. My son was the bigger baby but my last daughter has been tiny from the beginning and still is but she is a little live wire for someone so small x

It's lovely that they want to cuddle their babies but tough while they're so delicate. I'm surprised I didn't get a gtt test but even in previous PG's when over the bmi I was never tested- no idea why but I think I slipped the net. I didn't realise that it was compulsory for Asian ladies, always best to be sure I guess.

It's the little babies that tend to have the biggest voices lol!

Have checked and from 0-2 months you get 7 HE's on green, and 8 when 2-3 months x

Excellent! 7 seems like loads! Bring on the toast lol!

Post whoring!

Hv came baby is still a bit jaundiced and may need another blood test to rule out extended jaundice causes. Pretty sure she's fine as she's so much pinker than she was a week ago. Stressful stuff though. But she's gained 6oz in 3 days so she's on the right track.

image-713344154.jpg

Bloods were all fine and she's above her birth weight now. And she's pinker yay! And she's totally squishy!

How are all the other babies and mums doing?

This my little pudding. She is 37 weeks now ! I'm back to work tomorrow after 10 months of maternity leave!

Attachments

• image-1225329611.jpg
    image-1225329611.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 83
Aw, loving all the pictures on here! Us SW girls grow cute babies ;)

I'm finally getting round to checking in - my son Seth is now 7 weeks old and growing up fast! We're breastfeeding and getting on ok after a rocky start with daddy doing one bottle feed in the evening to maintain my sanity/get me some sleep. He's 9lb 1oz as of Friday last week but very long - he's gonna be tall and skinny unlike his mummy I think! ;)

I've been back on SW with varying degrees of success for nearly 4 weeks and so far I've lost 1st 5lbs since Seth was born. I'm sure it could have been more but my diet has been awful :/ I'vs been half and half this week so hoping for a little loss on Thursday. I'm doing a lot more walking now which is great - I was pretty inactive during my pregnancy due to severe SPD and I wasn't very mobile after the birth either as I had to have a emergency c section so I've had a fairly long recovery time. I'm still not feeling up to proper exercise but hoping to get back into it at some point soon and get back onto roller skating and spinning.

Hope everyone and their little ones are doing well :) xxx

Attachments

• image-3930306788.jpg
    image-3930306788.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 64
This my little pudding. She is 37 weeks now ! I'm back to work tomorrow after 10 months of maternity leave!

She's beautiful. I hope going back to work is ok, it's always hard to do.

Aw, loving all the pictures on here! Us SW girls grow cute babies ;)

I'm finally getting round to checking in - my son Seth is now 7 weeks old and growing up fast! We're breastfeeding and getting on ok after a rocky start with daddy doing one bottle feed in the evening to maintain my sanity/get me some sleep. He's 9lb 1oz as of Friday last week but very long - he's gonna be tall and skinny unlike his mummy I think! ;)

I've been back on SW with varying degrees of success for nearly 4 weeks and so far I've lost 1st 5lbs since Seth was born. I'm sure it could have been more but my diet has been awful :/ I'vs been half and half this week so hoping for a little loss on Thursday. I'm doing a lot more walking now which is great - I was pretty inactive during my pregnancy due to severe SPD and I wasn't very mobile after the birth either as I had to have a emergency c section so I've had a fairly long recovery time. I'm still not feeling up to proper exercise but hoping to get back into it at some point soon and get back onto roller skating and spinning.

Hope everyone and their little ones are doing well :) xxx

Seth is way too cute!

1st5lb is a great loss especially as you didn't gain too much to start with, be proud. I've lost just over 2st and baby's 3 weeks but I gained so much more than you. It'll keep coming off Hun.

Exercise is daunting right now but we'll get there eventually. I'm in no rush. ;-p

Seth is way too cute! 1st5lb is a great loss especially as you didn't gain too much to start with, be proud. I've lost just over 2st and baby's 3 weeks but I gained so much more than you. It'll keep coming off Hun. Exercise is daunting right now but we'll get there eventually. I'm in no rush. ;-p

I'm getting better at walking slowly but it's still hard work. Had no idea how long c section recovery would take :/

2 stone is brilliant and you're doing well to be back on SW already!

I'm getting better at walking slowly but it's still hard work. Had no idea how long c section recovery would take :/

2 stone is brilliant and you're doing well to be back on SW already!

Today's been a terrible day. Whoops lol.

I wonder if that's the difference between elective and emergency sections. I'm fine walking. I must have done miles today around the city and around a designer village. I wonder if its a case of less bruising etc? Or maybe it's luck of the draw?

2st isn't great when you've gained 5. (I was 6st off target at 39 weeks. Less than 4st from target now but still 3st heavier than my booking in weight so 3st of pg weight to shift. Sounds depressing but I'll get there, slowly. We both will, there's no rush just gentle progress to make it long term.

Back