New Plan

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by lydia150970, 8 November 2008 Social URL.

1. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Have ready loads of posts recently about the new plan and some have been removed by WW immediately (says to me the posts must have some truth in then), looks like the new "discovery plan" will be combining points and core - ie you point core food!!! Isn't that just the same as the points plan?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emma_2008

Emma_2008 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Oooh! I dont know too much about the Core plan but i wonder how they are going to work it x

4. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Its official the new plan is called The Discover Plan will be launched in classes 1st December but you can view it on the WW from 30th Nov (not sure if thats for Monthly Pass member or just the online subscribers).

5. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Not sure I like the sound of that - the good thing about Core is that you don't have to count points apart from treats etc. I wonder if they are trying to encourage people on Points to eat more healthily?

6. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I think so, looks like there will be only one plan - this new one, but like I have said before if you don't like the new plan, don't follow it, keep with what you know, if the new plan sounds good give it a go, I will make my mind up after 1st Dec

7. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Yes, I'll reserve judgement till I hear what it is in full but I like alternating core and points depending on my mood :)

8. Anna_B

Anna_B Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Points
    If they change things too much I'll cancel my ww online as I don't see how the web site would let me carry on as now with points if they are changing the plan. I wonder how many others they could lose? I'd rather go it alone than have to change to something if I'm not happy with it.

9. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

You and quite a few people I reckon Anna.

10. Anna_B

Anna_B Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Points
    I agree although they must be very confident that the new plan will be liked as I wouldn't have thought they would want to risk loosing too many people. I hope it's good but if not I'll carry on with my points plan at home :)

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    My leader implied that this was an extra plan not a replacement. I do agree though if youre counting Core then its points.... hmmm suppose we'll need to wait and see and give it a go - maybe lol

12. yummymummy1982

yummymummy1982 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    :confused: Well i'm dead confused about the whole thing! I thought that was why on core you didn't have to count the things you know are no count to make things easier for you and getting to know what foods you can and can't eat and to regulate when you're eating (I dunno if any of that makes sense?!!!) I hope that the points thing stays the same because I just find it so easy to follow with my lifestyle! If not I'll just keep doing it and going to my meetings but track on paper which will be a right pain but never mind if thats whats gotta be done!!!

13. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Sandy you are right, this will be an additional plan - so there will be Points, Core and Discover to choose from - If discover is Core but with bread allowed then I'm all for it LOL!!

14. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

They lady at my meeting last fri told me core was going and it was going to be more points related. Not sure if this helps!

15. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh no - don't take my core away!! I need rules, don't give me choice!!!

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I cant see them taking Core away totally. I guess were all just going to have to wait til December lol

17. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wonder if it'll be similar to the new SW plan - seems like they're both on a mission to simplify things and promote fresh foods/cooking.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Have SW got a new plan as well? What is it? They've got variations to cobble dogs with now!

20. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I think they're bringing it out in January, but it's basically as simplified version of the red and green days where you can have both on the same day, so pretty much like the core plan!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.