new start, we have let things slip

let us know how weigh in goes Vicky. Yours and FBs weighs are the same day and mine and Vivas seem to be Mondays (when I dont confuse myself and weigh in on another day :D)

Ohhhh, I love NY too !!! Last time I was there was in August and it was soooo HOT!! Love walking in Central Park, but it was crowded, we did a couple of tours and a few Museums that time, as it was boiling!!! We are hoping to go to Washington, Niagara again, and a beach holiday next year, Aruba or somewhere like it.....I love travelling, can you tell???
Got a touch of a flu like bug at the mo, making me feel rough, and in need of Ice Cream, yes I know it's a lame excuse!! Mr Diva is trying to feed me and cheer me up with Truffle Chocs!! Eeeeek !!!

Weigh in on Mon, not looking forward to it, but refuse NOT to do it, as I will end up 6 lbs heavier before the New Year!!!

mr diva sounds nice feeding u chocs...how sweet. My personal training session was cancelled again this evening and not quite sure whats going on. Not sure when my next one will be and not sure if I am up to going to the gym. Trying hard with the food but just had 2 bowls of special k (the choc flake n strawberry one) with skimmed milk. was nice and a mug of options hot white chocolate. I guess this is a better way of consuming the chocolate. Really tired so gonna get a very early night. hope youre all ok x

weigh in in class said 4.5 lbs on so am working hard to get some off by next weigh in. the weather was warmer than here but still needed gloves and hat as the sun does not hit the ground because of the high buildings in new york.

i think u have done well and like u say i think u will shift it in a couple of weeks. I went to the gym today. only managing 3 times a week but its something n think been ok with food. aiming for a pound loss on monday

Hi guys. I have weighed in at 12st 7.2 so that's 1lb and a teeny weeny bit off. Think I might have to revert to sunday weigh ins as might not be going to the gym on monday mornings any more. So aiming for a pound off by next week :)

Hi guys, im sorry iv been away a while. I got a really bad flu, iv spent loads of time in bed.Some days not eating much,other days too much.
Igot back fro my holidays at the end of October and weighed 14st 2lbs i weighed myself last Wednesday at 13st 10lbs. So offically 2 stone lighter than when i started!woo hoo
Got some home made potatoe & leek soup for dinner yum
Good luck this week everyone!

hope youre feeling better soon vicky x

how is everyone getting on? On track to losing this week?

Hi all, I lost a pound this week, bringing my total to ....50 lbs, it's been a long journey, with plenty of detours and dead ends along the way, but I just get back into my little calorie counting/lowfat car and off I go again !!! haha !! Great party at the weekend I loved it, and yummy food and booze, but I didn't go mad !!!
This week is very hectic, loads of Christmas Baking as I am having a party on Saturday, luckily a lot of it is stuff I don't eat, that's the joy of planning the Menu yourself !!!! haha !!

Come on Guys, let's make these last two weeks or so of the year count....I want to loose 2 lbs this week!!!
Lots of Luck

Diva x

i am working hard at getting some of my 4.5lbs off, i am off work tomorrow to xmas shop so hopefully will keep me busy and away from food as weigh in is tomorrow night.

all the best for weigh in fb and viva well done on your loss and reaching 50lbs off - that's great. My back has unfortunately flared up but i am managing the gym 3 times a week but low impact but at least I am still going. The only problem is I dont tend to lose anything when back on the drugs. Hard enough to maintain when on all the painkillers. Dreading tomorrow as at an all day staff meeting and sitting down all day is going to be bad but will grin and bear it. Cant really take my hot water bottle to a meeting :) lol. Not been to the gym since sunday but hoping to do a little exercise on thursday evening and then again at the weekend. I am feeling a little stronger today as I have been a little stressed these past couple of weeks and just havent been able to face things. Well I have faced 2 things today that are things I have not dealt with and feel its a step in the right direction. I have an application form for a course sat downstairs and its been sat there for 4 weeks. Its not hard but for some strange reason i am not facing or dealing with things even though the course is something i really want to do. I have told myself that I must get it sorted by the 23rd which is when the university closes. here's hoping i sort it. i know these may seem like small issues but i am not the sort to waste time with such things and always find the motivation/ strength to just get things done. This past week there have been a lot of tears and i know i have been feeling the pressure and stress and hopefully todays small steps are steps in the right direction to getting me feeling stronger again. Sorry for the ramble but thought i would share where my head was at. Thats if it even makes sense. x

3.5lbs of my 4.5lbs off now, hope to get the other 1 plus more off next week.

well done!!! had a feeling you would shift it very quickly. Well I have completed half the application form today for the course so will submit it on Monday. Had a home personal training session so havent lost all my money which is a relief but the pt said he has never seen me like this - I was struggling is the only way to describe it. Im having a take away at a friends tonight as just need to get out and i am hungry. weigh in on sunday...

boy you are in a bad way, why are you weighing in on sunday and not monday? i am supposed to be going out with work on sat night weather permitting so will see how that goes but am aiming for at least the 1lb off anyway

the reason i moved to monday weigh ins in the gym as i was going to spinning but the class has been cancelled. I dont have digital scales at home so cant always see exactly what i weigh on them to the pound. And as i tend to manage to get myself into the gym on sunday morning might as well weigh in while there. Enjoy your works night out. enjoy x

Hi All....had a piggy weekend....another party....weighed in yesterday and I'm the same, which is bloody amazing really, I may break one of my rules of weighing in mid week ish just to check, I'm sure that pigging out will catch me up...it always does!! Leftovers in the fridge are nearly gone and most of it is stuff I don't eat, thank Gawd!! How are we all? Are you snowed in? Ready for Christmas?? Do you have a plan of action?? How is your Will Power, mine is at about 30% which isn't good.....

not been to the gym as not driving cos of snow and therefore havent weighed in. I have one more day to work and then off until the new year. Going to force myself to get to the gym after christmas and restart weigh ins. Will power aint too great but dont think ive done too much damage - maybe a pound give or take. well done on staying the same viva!!

Hello im a struggler and restarter lol! yet again i've lost the motivation and put whatever i've lost back on. Im finding it really difficult to stick to eating healthy while coping with depression (because of my weight :(). I feel like im stuck in a never ending cycle of feeling low, binge eating, and then eating even more to punish myself for binge eating! One of the reasons i stopped going to slimming world was because i couldn't make it there every week (i'm terrified of public transport so had to rely on other people) but i'm learning to drive at the moment since september and im hoping to pass in march so ill be able to make it every week after that! I dont have alot of supportive people around me at the moment and feel quite alone so if anyone would like to talk i'd really appreciate it. :)

Hi Aimee, thanks for posting how you are feeling. That in itself is a big step. It sounds like you are doing well with your driving lessons. As you have done slimming world before could you not maybe follow the plan online so you dont have to go to the classes and maybe join the slimming world forums on minimins to talk to ppl also following the same diet. I know FB follows slimming world so she will know more in relation to if there is a home version. I am guessing she is enjoying the festive period as we do tend to post regularly. I kind of do my own thing sometimes principles from weight watchers, sometimes slim fast type diets or sometimes just watching the calories. For me the motivation and the boost comes when I actually get to the gym and exercise. As I had not weighed in properly for a couple of weeks I weighed in on Tuesday at 12st 8 and hopefully will weigh again tomorrow on Sunday. I am expecting a really good weight loss as exercised and watched portion size in a big way since Tuesday. Do not lose hope or motivation. Trust me when I say we have good days and bad days. If you looked through our posts you would see theres probably more bad days than good days but as long as we hope and aim to restart and at some point and do find that motivation from within it will happen. I cant fit into all of my size 14 tops and coats and that has upset me as my clothes r so important for my self-confidence so I basically decided that on Tuesday thats it. As I live by myself I think its a little easier as I rid the kitchen cupboards of the 'bad' foods and thought I would drop it off at the local homeless shelter. They need the food more than I do. Since then I have brought some festive treats into the house but surprisingly have been able to stop myself after the one cookie and not binge eat all day. I think it may be because I had a sneak peak on the scales at home and its looking good and really dont wanna mess it up. In relation to your depression - is your family doctor aware? Is there anything they can do to help? Keep posting and I hope you find the strength to restart and achieve your goals. The new year is as good as any to make some new resolutions :)
FB - Happy New Year and hope you had a fab Christmas. Get yourself back online and tell me how you have been doing with all the festivities after your holiday.
Viva - wishing you a happy new year and hope you continue posting with FB and me. Heres to a year of seeing less of us (in terms of weight) and to achieving our heart's desires x

Last edited:
Back