New to all of this

Boy oh boy. What a few months we have had. Flu (both of us.) Dislocated shoulder then bronchitis (husband) slipped disc (me) and on top of that, my oldest friend died and my sister in law's house burned to the ground. It's a wonder, and I don't know how we have done it, but we have stayed on track. I have lost 18lbs.
I have discovered seafood sticks in ASDA and love 'em:woohoo:

Hi love your diary well done the pair of you.i keep on at my hubby to start he's like ye I will in a few weeks lol . Are seafood sticks free they are my fav .

Just read your diary, you are doing so well! My husband always loses weight faster as well, it's not fair!! haha.
Keep up the amazing work! :0clapper:

So sorry to hear about all the stuff that has happened over the past few months!! Hopefully 2017 will bring you and your family better luck :)

I'm sorry I haven't been in to answer you all girls, but my blinking desktop died. I now have a new lap top. Yes, I LOVE fish sticks. I picked up a recipe on here for 'scones' this is it...

Small tub (3ooG) Fat Free Cottage cheese.
2 eggs
Syn free instant spud mix (I used SMASH 107g size)

Blend eggs and cheese. Add enough powdered spud to make a dough.
Form into rounds cook 180 for about 20 mins.

There was some arguing, that using so much instant spud gave it a syn value (3 per scone) . Other people said no. I experimented and had 2 a day with home made soup and still lost 31/2 pounds. Which was my best loss since week 1.:banana_dancer:

When I started this diet, I looked on it as a life style change and made a bargain with myself to lose 1lb a week, which would be 52lbs in a year. In my opinion, that's not to be sneezed at. I have been going for 10 weeks and this week got my one and a half stone certificate so I'm well pleased:wee:.... Hubby is 1lb off his 3 stone loss.

Your both doing brilliant. The scones sound I good idea one to try in the future. You will have to take a picture next time you make them.

I think sometimes you get slow weeks but you have to see it as a loss is a loss and it's heading into the right direction. Yes there is times where u think oh I'd love that but is it really worth it. Answer is no and we all know this deep down. Keep up the good work your doing fab

I picked up a recipe on here for 'scones' this is it...

Small tub (3ooG) Fat Free Cottage cheese.
2 eggs
Syn free instant spud mix (I used SMASH 107g size)

Blend eggs and cheese. Add enough powdered spud to make a dough.
Form into rounds cook 180 for about 20 mins.

I'm definitely going to try those, they sound really yummy! About how many did that mix make?

The scones sound yummy!! Might have to try them. I never count instant mash as syns and it never affected my weight loss :)

There seems to be some argument over the scones. Some say, because you are using the instant spuds as flour they should have a syn value. Others say not. All I can say is what I experienced. Last week I had 2 every evening and lost three and a half pounds. So for me, they aren't doing any damage.

Wolf That amount makes 8. I make a double amount for the 2 of us and they keep well in the cake tin (which has been redundant since November). This week I 've been making some with cottage cheese and chives,, nice with soup. We bought a soup maker and haven't looked back. 20 mins and you have a ready to serve delicious soup

On the mend, got to group yesterday, but only to weigh, I didn't want to spread my germs. I lost3 anda half pounds,so that's just 2lbs to go for my first stone.I getbso many tips in group.One lady told me about meringue nests.Crumble 1 in a dish ( 3syns if I remember right) add some berries and mix it all up with FF plain yogurt.
Another is to make a sugar free jelly with 10ozs of boiling water. Let it cool then add 2 FF yogurts, a flavour to match the jelly. The jelly I use is free and the yogurt 2 syns. It makes four deserts.I have to keep checking on Slimming World on line syns come and go and they keep an up to date list

Hi red
Just wondered what jelly you are using that is free? I use the sugar free hartley ones, some times I have the 10cal pots that I always count as 1/2 syn and sometimes I do their SF sachet ones that if it makes up a full pint I count as 1 1/2 syns. If there's a free one I will switch over. Also when doing the yogurt and jelly recipe you can add some frozen or fresh fruit. I've found raspberries are very nice with blackcurrant jelly and cherry Muller light but so many combos to try!

Well done for you and the husbands losses so far. I can never get slimmer of the week if my husband joins as the weight just seems to fall off them at an incredible rate.

Hi red
Just wondered what jelly you are using that is free? I use the sugar free hartley ones, some times I have the 10cal pots that I always count as 1/2 syn and sometimes I do their SF sachet ones that if it makes up a full pint I count as 1 1/2 syns. If there's a free one I will switch over. Also when doing the yogurt and jelly recipe you can add some frozen or fresh fruit. I've found raspberries are very nice with blackcurrant jelly and cherry Muller light but so many combos to try!

Well done for you and the husbands losses so far. I can never get slimmer of the week if my husband joins as the weight just seems to fall off them at an incredible rate.

Back atcher about husbands. I feel positively a sluggard beside mine! I'm sorry I misled you about the jelly. It is Hartley and it does have syns. I make 4 portions from mine, and it is such a low syn value that I don't count it . Have you tried the new Muller light cake shop inspired? ... we had the treascle tart one at lunch time and it was gorgeous. SYN FREE TOO Oh YES:woohoo:

hahaha

Morning red, hope your getting on alright, from the sounds of it your doing fab!! Must be nice to have your hubby in board with you.

Mine made me Heinz tomato soup for lunch the other day (id been working the night shift so had been in bed all morning)... he thought it would have been a nice healthy lunch for me :rotflmao:......... 11.5syns for soup :doh: !!!! Not my idea of a good use of syns!!!

Keep going! xxx :)

Morning red, hope your getting on alright, from the sounds of it your doing fab!! Must be nice to have your hubby in board with you.

Mine made me Heinz tomato soup for lunch the other day (id been working the night shift so had been in bed all morning)... he thought it would have been a nice healthy lunch for me :rotflmao:......... 11.5syns for soup :doh: !!!! Not my idea of a good use of syns!!!

Keep going! xxx :)

I have been making my own homemade soups recently for lunch. I didn't have time to make it last night, so thought I'd pop into Tesco and get a can of soup to take to work instead - so glad I checked the app whilst I was there!! 1.5-2.5 syns per 100g - the tins are 400g in size! I couldn't believe it. Surprised Heinz and others haven't brought out a lower calorie/lighter soup as everything else these days seems to have lighter versions.

Back