new to exante.. any advice??

Status
Not open for further replies.
just about to have my first tomato and basil soup.. was going to put some chili flakes in but they seemed to have disappeared.. so just settled for salt and pepper.

I must admit Ive never seasoned any of the soup, I found theyre all fine without it

well its by far the best one ive had so far, the worst being the vegetable,.. but i find they all remind me of pot noodles or cup a soups.

Just had first banana shake and it was very nice, got a headache again today

I wouldn't add salt to your soups, as it can make you retain water. Pepper is fine and most people are okay with various herbs and spices.

Your lack of hunger could have been simply that you are determined to lose the weight. The two times I have started Cambridge, I felt no hunger either. If your mind is in the right place, you can be successful at any diet.

Keep it up and I look forward to reading your progress. :)

Feel your pain lol....i dotn really like any of the soups. I find the mushrom and veg ones bearable but not enjoyable lol. I replaced them with cuppa soups (similar values) and actualy look forward to them. Id fail miserably if i lived only on shakes (the bars dotn agree with me)....i need savoury lol xx

i like the tomato soup thats it.. dont mind the shakes but the bars are just weird. i only eat them because i have to lol im on day 4 now and havent felt hungry at all in the last 4 days.. i just want friday to hurry so i can weigh myself and see if ive lost anything..

You really shouldn't replace them. They Exante ones will be nutritionally balanced and at the correct carb/protein level to keep you in ketosis. You cannot just replace things with other options unfortunately. That could be why your first week weight loss was relatively low (don't get me wrong, 4lbs is great, but in the first week you could expect to lose double or triple that because of the water loss and bodyshock)... if you don't like the soups, you should just stick to shakes; not only for the vitamins etc, but also for weight loss reasons. Guarantee it!

A x

(P.S. Similar thing came up in one of my LL meetings, with one woman wondering why her losses weren't very good, and it turns out she'd been substituting - it's a balanced, scientifically tailored programme for a reason!)

All the best, onwards and downwards :)

xx

As said above (which is pretty much what I was going to say next) it's not healthy to use cuppa soups in place of Exante soups. They won't contain the nutrients and protein that is added to the Exante soup, to make sure you are taking in your daily requirement. It could cause you major health problems if you do this over a number of weeks. Stick to Exante products and the ones that you know you like.

I dont agree with you at all! It's perfectly acceptable to substitute like for like products as long as you've read the labels and the values are the same/very similar. I started off loving the soups but after the first week dreaded them and they made me gag so I substituted for dietimeals with almost identical values with no probs at all. If I hadn't done this I would have had to give up completely. The beauty of Exante is that you can experiment and modify it as needed, not panic and stick to it the way that LL counsellors scare you into believing. And yes I am speaking from experience as I did LL 6 years ago!

Had a horrible tast in my mouth all day and my pee smells lol, is that ketosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back