New to Exante, Starting today 08/10/2012 would love some buddies for support

oooh I was going to order some porridge... maybe on the next box! I figure if I order enough 'extras' with each box I'll have enough left over to do a month at the end!

Honestly it was vile! I was stupid enough to try and eat it with a bowl and spoon, rather than gulp it down from a mug,

The plus side: I definitely don't feel like snacking on anything thanks to the gross after taste!

I love reading on here everyone's thoughts on different items! I had Thai chicken soup lunch time today, and though there was an aftertaste on it, I didn't mind it too much, it was manageable and definitely stopped me feeling hungry - more so than a shake
I'm having Carbonation tonight too - well in about an hour actually haha

Just had the carbonara and actually quite enjoyed it! It was liquid-y so more like pasta in a cheesy soup but it tasted ok(didn't feel the need to doctor it!) and I will reach for it before soup any day!
hope other's experiences are favourable!
X

I was at work and hadn't brought any seasonings with me, so was asking for it really.

I'm now having a warm vanilla and coffee shake, which I had high hopes for....

It is much more manageable than the banana, but it still has that horrid cardboardy aftertaste to it. Maybe if I'm lucky my taste buds will shut down in protest!

I'm a bit gutted tbh, I'm fine not eating any normal food, but I am finding it difficult to want to eat these :/

Any suggestions how to make them more enjoyable? Or is it something I just have to get used to?

X

I'm so happy the carbonara seems to be a hit- do Exante recommend limiting it to one a day like the bars?

X

Hi diva, thanks for the feedback on the carbonara, I think I'll give it a go. I love the porridge but it would be nice to have a savoury option. I can't stand the soups. Emma, sorry you don't like the shakes, I really like them. I know some blend them with ice to make them thick. Making the choc one with peppermint tea is nice. Banana is my fav so I've no suggestions for that one I'm afraid. I like the orange bars too. Everyone is different I guess. Good luck.

Don't think you have to limit it no, it says the same as the shakes and soups! Just nice to have a change :). I have found my tastes have changed since starting and although I don't 'love' the soups, they are more bearable now! Maybe that'll happen for you Emma :)

I quite liked the Carbonara. It was never going to have a lot of pasta in it, but the sauce was like a smoked cheese type of sauce. I took some photos of it to upload on to here - I just need to look see where I can do that

On the whole a good day! got a little niggling pain in my side, which I'm guessing is because I'm not drinking enough - other than that all good :)
Have a good weekend everyone

I ordered the carbonara today and I may be really sad but I am really looking forward to trying it. I don't like the texture of the soups but don't mind the flavours but just stick to porridge bars and shakes so I do end up craving something savoury. Hoping this will be the answer!! X

Now had the peppermint chocolate shake; I watered it down quite a bit which I must say definitely helps!

When are everyone's weigh in days?

X

DivaDavis said:
Don't think you have to limit it no, it says the same as the shakes and soups! Just nice to have a change :). I have found my tastes have changed since starting and although I don't 'love' the soups, they are more bearable now! Maybe that'll happen for you Emma :)

Cannot wait to try it!

It's getting ever so slightly easier- the fact there are so many flavours helps. Not stuck with the same shake everyday

X

Hi hun, congratulations on your weight loss so far. I wish the hunger pains would disappear, mine are worst when i'm cooking for my children. I often get tempted to taste a bit. The only way i keep hunger pains at bay is by keeping busy, and i try not to go around places where food is.

Keep up the good work, cant wait til i reach your stage. ;)

Hi hun, im quite new to this still in my first week. I might sound a bit silly but is the carbonara still only 200kcal?

My weigh in day is Wednesday.
xx

Hi hun, im quite new to this still in my first week. I might sound a bit silly but is the carbonara still only 200kcal?

My weigh in day is Wednesday.
xx

I ordered the Pasta Carbonara with the special offer Wowcher deal and I have it here. It is 207 calories. I only ordered one in case I didn't like it, and I am saving it for a special occasion (yes, I am that sad!). You add it to 130ml of water, microwave it for 90 seconds and let it stand for 2 minutes. It's not going to be a very big serving. The expiry date is October 2013, but the soups in the special Wowcher deal expire this December, as did the bumper pack of the soups I ordered last week so I need to get through those before ordering any more pasta. Luckily I like the soups, but I doctor them out of all recognition and add about 3 x the normal amount of water to fill me up.

I've now tried the porridge (yummy) and the toffee bar (not the best taste in the world- but more than easy enough to eat).

I'm actually enjoying the feeling of being hungry- I've been stuffing my face continuously for so long now I forgot what a stomach rumble was!

Not been feeling many side effects aside from the headaches- at what stage does ketosis usually kick in?

I had my boyfriend take pictures of me in my underwear today for my 'before' photographs. I was MORTIFIED!!! I hadn't realised how far I'd let myself go, I really am disgusted with myself.

I can't fail at this diet, I won't be able to live with myself.
X

Woke up this morning with THE worst breath- never been so excited!! In ketosis!!

Back