Total Solution New to Exante with some questions

Flyver123

Hi everyone, loved lurking on the thread (at work during the week - can't really write anything). So here it is the weekend (and Day 4 of Exante) and I have a few questions that I don't seem to find the answer for anywhere... (though reading this on my mobile I might have missed something :) )

1. On Total Solution, are ANY veggies allowed ? (like cucumbers, asparagus, etc. - with no oils or sauces)
2. Do I need to add extra fiber ? (I saw on some of the forums where people are talking about dieters tea or extra fiber to help keep things moving.)
3. Can I have any type of bouillon as a drink ?
4. The hot meals - is there any way these can be made with hot water only? (When at work or hotel (traveling a lot) I only have a tea kettle, no microwave) Is it worth it to even try ?
5. I normally take quite a few vitamins - should I change that or just keep on ?

So far, so good on keeping with the shakes (and one bar) - but I wouldn't mind some soup or hot meal.... the challenge for me is I travel all week and live in hotels, visiting customer sites, etc. - so often only have hot or cold water at my disposal. Any suggestions ?

Thanks for all the encouraging stories and comments out there. It's what made me decide to go this route. (hubby pretty much against it - but if I could add in some veggies on weekend to eat something with him when he has his dinner, that would help.... but I don't want to derail myself. )

I am also looking at starting Speedflex up on the days I am in London. I've got lots of energy (fat) to burn for my classes - but will I be able to do it with so few calories ? How are you all doing on exercise ?

Thanks for the answers and support in advance!
KC

Well duhh... now that I am on a PC - I noticed that if I scroll down there is a whole sticky with most of the above info on it. The only thing I didn't find was:

4. The hot meals - is there any way these can be made with hot water only? (When at work or hotel (traveling a lot) I only have a tea kettle, no microwave) Is it worth it to even try ?
5. I normally take quite a few vitamins - should I change that or just keep on ?

Could someone give me an idea on the hot meals ? (I am getting ready to place my next order) I cannot find any instructions on the Exante website that say anything other than add hot water, wait a few minutes, then microwave. When traveling - is it possible to have the porridge or any of the other hot meals ? Thanks!

Hi everyone, loved lurking on the thread (at work during the week - can't really write anything). So here it is the weekend (and Day 4 of Exante) and I have a few questions that I don't seem to find the answer for anywhere... (though reading this on my mobile I might have missed something :) )

1. On Total Solution, are ANY veggies allowed ? (like cucumbers, asparagus, etc. - with no oils or sauces)
2. Do I need to add extra fiber ? (I saw on some of the forums where people are talking about dieters tea or extra fiber to help keep things moving.)
3. Can I have any type of bouillon as a drink ?

So far, so good on keeping with the shakes (and one bar) - but I wouldn't mind some soup or hot meal.... the challenge for me is I travel all week and live in hotels, visiting customer sites, etc. - so often only have hot or cold water at my disposal. Any suggestions ?

Thanks for all the encouraging stories and comments out there. It's what made me decide to go this route. (hubby pretty much against it - but if I could add in some veggies on weekend to eat something with him when he has his dinner, that would help.... but I don't want to derail myself. )

I am also looking at starting Speedflex up on the days I am in London. I've got lots of energy (fat) to burn for my classes - but will I be able to do it with so few calories ? How are you all doing on exercise ?

Thanks for the answers and support in advance!
KC
Hi I'm new to Exante too are you having any luck with finding support?

I've used cold water in mine before and it's been fine to microwave them from there - unfortunately bar the pot meals which you don't have to microwave, all hot options from my experience need to be cooked through

You can keep taking your vitamins as they wont impact your VLCD, you may find if you track it in an app you will be over your RDA for them depending which vitamins you are having in addition.

Hi Flyver123

I started the Exante Total Solutions plan on Monday, the packet meals/soups are pretty easy to make and just use hot water. I haven't tried the packs where they involve baking/cooking as i tend to burn water!

The Indian style Daal with Rice and Lentils and Black Bean are like a pot noodles - just add water and really tasty, some of the soups are just add water, you can use your shaker on some of the soups. Ive had the Pasta, Ham and Mushroom Soup and even though that says microwave, i just used boiling water and stirred the life out of it and left it sitting for a good few minutes, i guess theres always a way round!! :)

If you are dong the total solution plan then they do not recommend any conventional food or drink to be included in the plan as this may take you out of ketosis. (which you go into after a bout 4 days of being on the TS plan) after the 4 days you stop being hungry.

According to the website. All Exante Diet plans are designed to give 100% of your daily nutrition so you don't need additional vitamin and mineral supplements while on the plan, unless recommended by your doctor.

You can have Coke Zero (not diet coke as this contains citric acid - zero doesn't). You can also have Dr Pepper Zero.

You can actually have 1 tsp. per day of Beef Bovril or Marmite. You can also have the below:

Condiments Maximum Amount
All herbs and spices - dried, fresh or in a tube/jar Unlimited
Garlic (fresh, paste or powder) Unlimited
Frylight or other 1 kcal spray Unlimited
Tabasco Unlimited
Soya sauce, Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp per day
Fish sauce Unlimited
Tablet Sweetener Unlimited
Vinegar - malt, balsamic 1 tsp per day
Salt, pepper Unlimited

I hope this information helps, let me know how you get on x

Back