Total Solution New to Exante

I'm so hard on myself. So critical of my appearance. I still see fat me in the mirror. My tummy is covered in hideous pregnancy stretch marks. My legs are chunky. My arms are white and flabby. I've got sausage fingers. I don't know why I have these body issues. Seems the more I lose the more I pick out things about myself I don't like. It's not attractive having no confidence. Confidence is sexy.

How do you build on it? I'm stumped xxxx

Hey Sarah I feel the same ... I think how can I have battled 3.5stones and still feel and look so hideous in that darned mirror... You are beautiful I can tell from here you have a heart of gold ... Look at those marks and think those are my baby ribbons... They are a mark of my fertility and the stripes that childbearing brings! I've learned to love mine!! :)

Find things you like... Do you love your bum!? Or your breasticles!? Start telling yourselves the things you do like! Loads of cuddles n I send you a bucket load of confidence to chuck over you! Xxx

Attachments

• image-3480503995.jpg
    image-3480503995.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 32
Oh wow I love that pic :)

Thankyou :) love the word breasticles hahaha. I quite like them in a push up bra haha. It's a tricky one this body image malarky. I've never bought into fashion mags or anything. Never wanted to be stick thin and I'm realistic enough to know ill never be a bikini model but it's like I am never going to be satisfied. Oh listen to me moan moan moan lol

They are such kind words Alana. You're a gem xxxx

I have it saved on my phone to remind me to appreciate the gift I was given for that tiny sacrifice! ... It is hard but just look over your BIG pictures n see how far you've come!!! Haha I also name my breasticles; babbyrounds instead of babylongs paha!! Mine are good in a bra too!! :) see we do like bits of ourselves! Teehee xx

I hate my body too ( I have slim ankles that I like )... but thats it. I think you have to take plenty of pics on your journey to see the difference and then you might be pleasantly surprised.

I have noticed in the last few weeks I actually have ankle bones! Who'd of thought it lol. They were normally so fat and swollen.

I think body image is something most people have to contend with. It's so hard. I see women my age at a size ten moaning about their thighs or tummy and I think to myself 'you've got nothing to complain about' then I think when I was at my heaviest I'd look at someone my size and think oh give it a rest there's nothing wrong with you. I do have more confidence than before. I do feel less huge and frumpy but there's still a way to go.

I have a friend. She used to be a size 8, no confidence always on a diet, miserable and desperate to be thin, she ended up gaining weight to about a 14. She looked fantastic, brimming with confidence and she's now about a size 20 and her confidence is through the roof. Men love her, she's got such a great attitude, she's very pretty too. So I'm guessing it's more of a state of mind. My male friend thinks There really is nothing more unattractive than someone constantly whining and moaning about themselves when there's nothing to whine and moan about. I agreed with him then went on to say 'but wouldn't I look better at a few stone lighter' lol he looked at me in disbelief and said if your attitude towards yourself is still the same then no. And I agree. xxxx

Wow just reading through your diary, you've done incredibly well. A stone and half in four weeks is amazing, well done! :hug99: xx

I make my porridge with less water and load with cinnamon, wasn't a fan of it watery!

Aww thankyou :) I visited your diary earlier and read the lot. I think I'm a total minimins addict. You've done incredibly well! Will try it with cinnamon, sounds lovely xxx

Hmm, I might get shot for saying this but here goes anyway!!

I read on this forum all the time, on peoples weight loss goals usually, when I get to xx stone = me being happy.
I don't believe myself that happiness translate into a number on the scales, I think that would make me a very shallow person indeed.
There was someone on TV, I think maybe she was in casualty and she was very big, she said after losing an awful lot of weight that she wasn't instantly happy and that it was a big surprise to her, she got some counselling to work out her issues.

I believe it was unhappiness that made me fat, not that being fat made me unhappy, unless the underlying issues are resolved it's unlikely to result in long term success. After losing my big weight, I maintained for over 5 years, I moved on with my life and got rid of a lot of the situations that were making me unhappy, I know I'll never be 24st again, I'm not that person any more.

For me you have to work through what went wrong that made you stop caring about yourself. Or maybe even work out what is what that changed and why the self esteem is so low. Then you can begin to sort it out.

As Tony Robbins says, decide what you want to do, make a plan, take action and if it doesn't work REASSESS!!! Don't flog yourself to death with old goals or methods that used to work or things that used to make you happy, you've changed now, your perspective and experience is altered and you have to take time to discover the new you!

Oh dear, I've written another book!!

Have a great day xxxxxxxxx

I don't think being thin will make me happy.but being 21 stone made me thoroughly miserable. For me it's body image. When I'm dressed with my hair and makeup done I'm quite happy with myself, when I see myself in my underwear.... Or even worse naked I just can't look. It's a complex business and something that will take alot of work xxx

I drink my coffee very strong and black

Was just making my straw shake for lunch and thought oh sod it and added alot off coffee granules lol. It sounds vile but I put so much in.

I love it!. It's totally over powered the mild straw taste (strawberry is my least fav) and all I can taste is thick coffee. So now I add it to all the shakes. I am a total coffee addict xxxx

The zero's keep me going! Need to get some Lolly moulds to make some dr pepper ice lollies. Something to munch on in the evening xx

Hope you're having a fab day Sarah, thank you for your kind words :hug99: xx

Hahaha mwah :) xx

Gigglepants, I love your attitude.... Laters lol it always make me smile xx

Haha. I'm a bit of sicko when it comes to eating & drinking. There's not much I don't like.

But slim and save is sounding so so tempting!

Had lots of lovely comments in work today about my weight loss. One of our old managers came back after 3 years and didn't recognise me haha. My size 16 work trousers that were skin tight when I first got them are now baggy on my legs. My calves have shrunk so much which is brilliant as I've got such chunky chunky legs. My work jacket is a size 12/14 and when I hang it up I no longer worry about everyone seeing the 22/24 label.

I feel so much happier, so much more energy.

I don't feel like I'm going to have a big loss this week as Totm arrived. But I'm feeling good xxxx

Back