NEW TO EXANTE!!

Well day 1 is over.. Surprisingly I'm not as hungry as I expected to be by the end of the day! I had a strawberry shake for breakfast, half a toffee, raisin and nut bar for lunch (I couldn't stomach the cardboard taste any longer!) and then I attempted to have the thai chicken soup for dinner but once again I could not stomach this either so I decided to just have a choc orange bar instead which was still cardboardy but a lot nicer! I am going to stick at this diet for as long as possible but since I'm not liking many of the products I doubt I will be reordering once my shakes and bars have ran out.. Unfortunately I feel that I have wasted £100 now due to the unliklihood of me touching any of the soups, purple bars or choc shakes! But oh well.. I'm going to remain positive and try losing as much as possible on just shakes and bar for the next couple of weeks and then maybe i'll go on to something like slimfast (I find their shakes and bars a lot nicer!) but follow it as strictly as this!

Well Done !! Just wanna let you know that we r not allowed 2bars a day.

Well Done !! Just wanna let you know that we r not allowed 2bars a day.

I know but I only remembered after! Plus I barely ate half of the first one so I didn't see it as too bad! I'll just stick to 2 shakes n a bar from now on I guess

Oh no. Sorry to hear the soups are so bad. I didn't order soups as I'd seen a few people comment on here that they struggled with the taste of them. I'd say try and stick to the shakes until you receive the bars? At least you know you've given it your best shot then? :) x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Yes, I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow. Just stick to the shakes - I guess at least I should lose some weight. Can't help but feel really disappointed-was really determined to do this, hadn't even considered that the packs would be so hard to stomach. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow. On the positive side, I have drunk almost 2 litres of water which is a dramatic improvement on my usual drinking! Am interested in your weigh in tomorrow as see you plan to weigh every day??:)

Well day 1 is over.. Surprisingly I'm not as hungry as I expected to be by the end of the day! I had a strawberry shake for breakfast, half a toffee, raisin and nut bar for lunch (I couldn't stomach the cardboard taste any longer!) and then I attempted to have the thai chicken soup for dinner but once again I could not stomach this either so I decided to just have a choc orange bar instead which was still cardboardy but a lot nicer! I am going to stick at this diet for as long as possible but since I'm not liking many of the products I doubt I will be reordering once my shakes and bars have ran out.. Unfortunately I feel that I have wasted £100 now due to the unliklihood of me touching any of the soups, purple bars or choc shakes! But oh well.. I'm going to remain positive and try losing as much as possible on just shakes and bar for the next couple of weeks and then maybe i'll go on to something like slimfast (I find their shakes and bars a lot nicer!) but follow it as strictly as this![/QUOTE
So sorry you feel you have wasted a lot of money - I know exactly what you mean, but I am going to take your positivity and make tomorrow a new start and try the other shakes and then add the bars once they arrive. I did Slimfast years ago, but can't remember how they tasted so may just healthy-eat after this! x

It's the marigold swiss bouillon. I couldn't find the reduced salt one so I've used less than the teaspoon recommended to compensate. I think watery vegetable soup would probably taste nicer. Lol But I think it will help with any savoury cravings as all my packs are sweet options. I avoided the soups as I wasn't sure I'd like them. x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

So which products do you use Sparkle?

Well day 2 has started.. I'm still going into it positively even after ydays dislike! The fact that I didn't go to bed hungry made me realise that the little food I did eat was still enough compared to the large portions I was previously eating! Still waiting on ketosis to kick in though so as that getting through the hunger pain between breakfast and lunch isn't as hard! Good luck all; we can do this!!!! Kookie head up hun! No pain no gain eh?

Well done Sparkle1978!:) I'm afraid I had Weetabix for breakfast (!) but have decided since not to do what I always do and give up. I'm going to try a different flavour shake and see how that goes for my lunch and then if I can manage the shakes will stick to those and the bars (when they arrive tomorrow). I also weighed in today and have lost 1.75lbs, so won't beat myself up too much for being negative first thing. Going to get a glass of water now and carry on as I want to be with you guys on this journey! x

Haha! Yes definitely downwards :) I'm pleased to report that I just had the strawberry shake for lunch and it was actually fine! I'm so relieved. I felt so upset last night that I felt I was going to have to give up and today I'm happy again - rollercoaster of life I suppose x

Hey guys! I had the banana shake for breakfast today! It wasn't as nice as the strawberry one but it was tolerable! I actually haven't had my lunch shake yet as I have been so busy at work today but I'm going to go grab it from the fridge now! I plan on just eating a choc orange bar this evening! I am off to Ikea after work so that should take up the best part of my night and not leave me with much time to think about food aha! Hope your days are going well! I'm glad we have you back on the positivity train Kookie! I had a mind battle with myself all last night but I convinced myself that the shakes and bars are tolerable so there is no reason why I shouldn't continue on! I've never been a fan of soup anyway (unless it has potatoes meat etc in it and hence why I am on this diet now I suppose LOL)

Hi Sparkle - I hope to be able to stick with it for as long as needed, but it really depends how the other stuff tastes. I have all the other flavours of soup to try yet in my box, but after last night I'm a bit dubious - but guess I should try and may be surprised :) Like you, think I will give the pasta a miss! x
Hi JadeMarie - I agree with you, if we can manage at least a few of the items then we can do this for a good period of time. I have just made a lovely homemade chicken soup for my family (I say lovely, but I didn't taste it!), so will probably try a different soup from the goodie box :drool: x

Last edited:
Hi Sparkle - I hope to be able to stick with it for as long as needed, but it really depends how the other stuff tastes. I have all the other flavours of soup to try yet in my box, but after last night I'm a bit dubious - but guess I should try and may be surprised :) Like you, think I will give the pasta a miss! x
Hi JadeMarie - I agree with you, if we can manage at least a few of the items then we can do this for a good period of time. I have just made a lovely homemade chicken soup for my family (I say lovely, but I didn't taste it!), so will probably try a different soup from the goodie box :drool: x

Haha yeah I'm going to attempt one of the other soups today, i'm trying to think positively about the possible taste of it but that chicken one put me off so much last night I'm scared aha! But yes lets keep at this! I'm actually looking forward to my weigh in next Monday! I'm hoping it is going to be the extra kick up the backside that I need to continue on!

Haha yeah I'm going to attempt one of the other soups today, i'm trying to think positively about the possible taste of it but that chicken one put me off so much last night I'm scared aha! But yes lets keep at this! I'm actually looking forward to my weigh in next Monday! I'm hoping it is going to be the extra kick up the backside that I need to continue on!

Haha! I'm also scared. Which flavour are you going for? I might try the tomato and basil - maybe that one won't be too rich/creamy/salty?! I'm going to try to resist jumping on the scales now til Monday even though I did get on them today! Let me know how the soup goes -if soup awful, I shall have another shake x

Hey guys :)
Hope the soup tonight is nice :) I'm just sat watching the kids eat the spag bol I lovingly prepared. Torture! Lol I'm actually not that hungry though, I think it's just my mind craving food.
Plan for tonight is a strawberry shake and choc orange bar. I had the porridge again earlier which was quite tasty :) Keep going. Things should get easier once we hit ketosis! :) x

How good are we sat watching our families eating lovely stuff! But we can join them again in the near future :). I had the vegetable soup for my dinner - I struggled to get it down but managed it (unlike the thai chicken), but don't particularly want to eat it again...!
Sparkle, have you only had a porridge all day so far? If so, did you not feel hungry during the day? x

You have done well to get this far today on a porridge! :) I am looking forward to getting my bars so that I can split them saving half for the evenings (which is usually when I start going to the kitchen to get food). I am using a 500ml empty water bottle and filling it and carrying it around with me to remind me to drink it! It's been going well but needing the loo lots! Good idea having the bouillon - I might add that to my shopping list later! It's such a shame that the stuff can't be made to taste more pleasant. It would be so much easier. It doesn't feel nice having a sip of soup then frantically drinking water to get rid of the taste! I keep reminding myself it's just for a short time and it will certainly make us appreciate healthy food after doing this x

hey folks - you're all doing so well and it does get easier when ketosis kicks in _ i think I'm there as genuinely not hungry - tummy grumbles eventually so i eat.

the soups didnt go down well with me so I've just gone onto shakes and bars which are ok.

i washed up tonight as the kids ate bacon, sausage, tomatoes and mushrooms - keeping soapy hands meant i didnt try and pinch anything!! And left overs I told them to put straight in the bin - although to be honest i wasnt that tempted which is a good sign

the scales will be your friend next week :p

Vee x

Hi Vee - that was one thing that slightly worried me, as having to still prepare meals for the family I wondered whether I would forget not to eat real food, and end up picking or tasting stuff, but to be honest this diet is so much on my mind that I can't imagine I will forget I'm dieting! Have you done this type of diet before? Have you tried all the shakes? :)

Morning Sparkle - i'm also having rubbish sleep at the moment - taking me ages to drop off and my legs realy ache - as if I've done a load of exercise - I havent!!!

I've not done vlcd before - but a friend at work started on Lighter Life about 2 months ago - shes very big - much bigger than me and has lost about 2-3 stone now and was my inspiration to stop moaning and feeling jealous and actually do something about it. I honestly thought (and this may not be too nice) but that if she could stop eating and move over to this then why the hell couldn't I.

I went to a LL introductory meeting but to be honest it was so far away from where I live - at an inconvenient time and as a single mum the cost every week put me off - then I went searching on the intranet and stumbled across Exante - and a week in - best stumble I made.

I think the support on here is great - addictive- and I am worried about my fix next week when I go back to work next week !

Hope everyone has a great day

Vee x

Stick the ones you don't like on eBay. Do you go into ketosis when using Slimfast? Once you're in ketosis, Exante is pretty easy as you're not hungry :)

Well I've been told not to sell them on ebay but I might give it a try!! I won't really go to do slimfast! I'm going to stick to this diet! I think Ketosis has already kicked in for me.. I don't even know if this is possible since I am only on day 3 but I don't feel hungry anymore at all! Yesterday all I had was a banana shake in the am and then half a bar on my way home from work.. I was really busy at work and didn't take time to lunch and I went straight to ikea after work! I do need to start drinking more water though as I am only drinking just over a litre a day which is far less than instructed!

Day 3 is here though so I'm going to start trying to drink much more water! Have a good day all :)

Morning Sparkle - i'm also having rubbish sleep at the moment - taking me ages to drop off and my legs realy ache - as if I've done a load of exercise - I havent!!!

I've not done vlcd before - but a friend at work started on Lighter Life about 2 months ago - shes very big - much bigger than me and has lost about 2-3 stone now and was my inspiration to stop moaning and feeling jealous and actually do something about it. I honestly thought (and this may not be too nice) but that if she could stop eating and move over to this then why the hell couldn't I.

I went to a LL introductory meeting but to be honest it was so far away from where I live - at an inconvenient time and as a single mum the cost every week put me off - then I went searching on the intranet and stumbled across Exante - and a week in - best stumble I made.

I think the support on here is great - addictive- and I am worried about my fix next week when I go back to work next week !

Hope everyone has a great day

Vee x

Hey Vee,

Being at work and doing this diet isn't easy but we can do it! Just do what I do when you feel like you are nearing a moment of weakness - jump on here and get the support and motivation you need!!! Everyone's really friendly and we are all in this together at the end of the day! What day of your diet are you on?

Back