NEW TO EXANTE!!

Kookie68 said:
Hi Shell, I think going to bed a bit earlier will definitely help. The evening is usually when I sit thinking about what I could be eating, so I saved half a bar to eat tonight which is all I was thinking about when I was reading bedtime story earlier haha! My feet were freezing in bed last night - what other symptoms are there with ketosis please (just so I know when I might be there:)).

And on that note...... Guess who can't sleep :-(

Some people report insomnia as a side effect though I've never genuinely exp that as a side effect

The more famous side effect is the breath! Manju breath basically which is just ketones... You'll prob get an odd taste in ur mouth some say metallic like sucking a penny :-/ I don't find it Metalic just groce lol! These ketones come out in your sweat and urine too but less likely to smell em there (nice huh)

Erm there's prob a lot more that I take for granted having been in ketosis so many times..... But should any other weird n whacky symptoms pop up, mention em n il be to sure to give you my pennies worth :)

Morning ladies! Day 4 (for some of us) woooo! Just had my strawberry shake! Definitely just doing shakes n bars now! Lets keep at it :) apparently the tastes of vlcd foods are purposely not made to be delicious to prevent us from over indulging! A salad is going to taste like heaven on earth on my food break week looool

I'm looking forward to weigh in day next wk!! Hoping to have shed enough noticable weight before our family trip to NY to visit the inlaws at christmas!

Hey has anyone got any idea of what cold drinks we can have other than water?

Hi All - the only flavoured water I've found so far is Sainsburrys - blackcurrant and cherry - its got malic acid rather than citric acid (which is what you're supposed to avoid) its 4 bottles for £1.50 at the moment - and they are litre bottles - so much more pleasant to get down than tap water

keep going ladies

vee x

The thread on drinks is in the sticky section of the main forum :) x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Thanks Sparkle, I found it :) Just popped out and got myself a coke zero lol .. It tastes sooo good :)

There are a few others on the thread sparkle mentioned above

Hi ladies I don't think I can do this :( I just feel utterly rubbish and the thought of another couple of days like this is seriously getting me down. I'm just not made of strong enough stuff. I'm considering juud to use up my remaining packs. I think I could handle alternate very low calorie days. I'm sure you will all do amazingly well. You are all strong and have will power of steel :) I know you will all succeed :) I'm sorry to leave you all. Good luck on your journey ladies :) xx

Aww sparkle can you seriously not hold on? You're just as strong deep down!! Look at your weight lose already!! you've lost 6 lb in 3 days!!!! Try keep at it for at least a week, your packs should take you to then shouldn't it? You don't have that much to lose so maybe switch to the working solution and have a meal of an evening? Don't give up altogether hun!

Sparkle1978 said:
Hi ladies I don't think I can do this :( I just feel utterly rubbish and the thought of another couple of days like this is seriously getting me down. I'm just not made of strong enough stuff. I'm considering juud to use up my remaining packs. I think I could handle alternate very low calorie days. I'm sure you will all do amazingly well. You are all strong and have will power of steel :) I know you will all succeed :) I'm sorry to leave you all. Good luck on your journey ladies :) xx

Hi ya

It's tough stuff but why not try working solutions still low cal n quick losses just a little something (meal) to look forward to in the evenings

Fair play to you!! Pop back in now and again and let us know how you are getting on and say hi :) Good luck!! xx

Shell how are you getting on? What day are you on?

Aaw thanks ladies. I'll have a think about it. I'm just feeling really run down. I've got 3 mouth ulcers which appeared overnight and no energy. It's really hard as I have 4 children age 4 and below to run around after. It's making me quite grumpy/ snappy too which I don't like. I feel bad about leaving you lovely ladies more than anything. I feel like I've let you down :( I think I really need to shift this last stone through exercise and healthy eating for my sanity lol :) x

Hi Sparkle, so sorry you are feeling so run-down. You have done really well already this week and have lost a good amount of weight in 4 days. Sounds as though you haven't enough energy to keep you going with running around after the kids, but it would be such a shame to give in now. Do you think adding an evening meal would help you? as it would give you that bit of extra fuel so to speak. From what I keep reading it will be alot easier and you will feel less hungry when ketosis kicks in. I know how you feel about letting people down, but you are not letting anyone down - do what is right for you at the end of the day. Will you feel happier healthy eating or will you regret not carrying on? That is the question I suppose. I asked myself the same question on Monday - I even had weetabix on Tues morning, but after reading the forum, decided I wanted to lose weight more than anything and I am sick of being a diet-failure and I want to prove those who think I can't do it wrong! (cos I'm sure there are a few who think I will fail!). We will miss you if you go, but put yourself first xx

Morning ladies! Day 4 (for some of us) woooo! Just had my strawberry shake! Definitely just doing shakes n bars now! Lets keep at it :) apparently the tastes of vlcd foods are purposely not made to be delicious to prevent us from over indulging! A salad is going to taste like heaven on earth on my food break week looool

I'm looking forward to weigh in day next wk!! Hoping to have shed enough noticable weight before our family trip to NY to visit the inlaws at christmas!

Hi Jade, I've decided to do same as you and do shakes and bars only. I had 3/4 bar for breakfast (at work), saving the rest for tonight, and had my first try of choc shake - it was fine thank goodness! Managed to drink 1litre water so far (not including coffee), so a bit more to go yet tonight! I've been naughty again today and got on the scales and lost another quarter pound which I immediately felt disgruntled about! I guess that's why they say not to weigh every day and then I thought well it might be only a small amount from yesterday to today but its 4lb since Monday! So lesson learned, no more scales til Monday!! I can't wait to have a lovely fresh salad etc and I'm sure we will really appreciate food when we have our weeks break :)

And on that note...... Guess who can't sleep :-(

Some people report insomnia as a side effect though I've never genuinely exp that as a side effect

The more famous side effect is the breath! Manju breath basically which is just ketones... You'll prob get an odd taste in ur mouth some say metallic like sucking a penny :-/ I don't find it Metalic just groce lol! These ketones come out in your sweat and urine too but less likely to smell em there (nice huh)

Erm there's prob a lot more that I take for granted having been in ketosis so many times..... But should any other weird n whacky symptoms pop up, mention em n il be to sure to give you my pennies worth :)
Hi Shell, come to think of it, I had trouble getting to sleep last night but slept ok after. I'm used to not having much sleep as my last child doesn't 'do' alot of sleep!! I'm woken every night and share a very small portion of the bed almost nightly! I bought a mouth freshner spray and have found that really refreshing - I was getting fed up of tasting nothing nice, although today I feel better as tried the choc shake and found it fine. How's your day been? :)

Coke zero is ok I think:) There are a few others too. There is a list on here somewhere with it all on xx

I completely forgot I had Coke zeros in my fridge last night - it will make a nice change to taste something normal. Might have it in a wine glass Friday and Saturday night ;)

Morning ladies! :)
I had a terrible nights sleep too. Really hope it is a sign of ketosis coming soon! :) Although I've no other symptoms of it.
Hope you all have a great day :) We can do this :) xx

Well done on your loss again!:)

Hey Sparkle - do not feel you are letting anyone down - do what you feel is right - but I do think if you added in a meal at the end of the day that would give you the energy you need - there;s no way i could do this if my kids were your kids ages - mine are teenagers now and so can help out more (well after much bribary!!)

Whatever you decide good luck and i hope I spot you lirking and reading even if this isnt your time

take care Vee xx

Hi Jade, I've decided to do same as you and do shakes and bars only. I had 3/4 bar for breakfast (at work), saving the rest for tonight, and had my first try of choc shake - it was fine thank goodness! Managed to drink 1litre water so far (not including coffee), so a bit more to go yet tonight! I've been naughty again today and got on the scales and lost another quarter pound which I immediately felt disgruntled about! I guess that's why they say not to weigh every day and then I thought well it might be only a small amount from yesterday to today but its 4lb since Monday! So lesson learned, no more scales til Monday!! I can't wait to have a lovely fresh salad etc and I'm sure we will really appreciate food when we have our weeks break :)

Hey Kookie,

The thought of the soups was enough to make me run as far from this diet as possible so I decided to just cut them out and carry on :) I am the same as you, I want to do this to prove to myself and others that I can do it and stick to it! At the end of the day it is down to us to lose weight, it isn't anyone elses problem! I always find myself eating like the hubby but he stays stick thin whilst I gain the rolls lol!

Yes lets stick to weekly weigh ins! We do can do this! Sticking to it is hard and i'm surprised that I haven't allowed myself any slip ups but i've been 100% so far and plan on doing it for as long as possible!! I'm sure my trip the states will make me pill everything back on though!!

Thanks for your kind words Kookie :) I'm going to use up the rest of my exante products but I'm not sure yet if I'll add a meal or try using them for the juddd diet (which is basically alternate days of high and very low calories). I've not blown it today as such. Normally if I give up on a diet I'd think I'll eat everything in sight lol I've been very good and I am definitely still motivated to get the weight off :) I'll keep popping in to see how you're all doing :) Take care xxxx

That's exactly what I do when I give up - even eating stuff I don't normally eat! So well done for staying in control! I wish you all the luck - sure you can do it. Look forward to hearing from you when you get chance :) xx

Hey Kookie,

The thought of the soups was enough to make me run as far from this diet as possible so I decided to just cut them out and carry on :) I am the same as you, I want to do this to prove to myself and others that I can do it and stick to it! At the end of the day it is down to us to lose weight, it isn't anyone elses problem! I always find myself eating like the hubby but he stays stick thin whilst I gain the rolls lol!

Yes lets stick to weekly weigh ins! We do can do this! Sticking to it is hard and i'm surprised that I haven't allowed myself any slip ups but i've been 100% so far and plan on doing it for as long as possible!! I'm sure my trip the states will make me pill everything back on though!!

Hi Jade, that's exactly how I felt when I tasted the soups - I just thought there is no way I can possibly do this. I didn't even consider doing shakes only at that point (not sure why??). So glad I like most of the shakes and I have now had chance to try both bars and find them ok too, so although it will be strange not having hot food I feel I can do this! I'm going to try the bouillon once I get hold of some so at least I can have something hot! I too eat the same as my hubby so maybe doing this will help me work out exactly where I have been going wrong over the years!
Can't believe I haven't even been tempted to eat anything naughty either (so unlike me)-just hope this willpower continues!! I'm sure having you all to talk to is helping me. We will do it this time - we'll show them haha!:)

Hi Jade, that's exactly how I felt when I tasted the soups - I just thought there is no way I can possibly do this. I didn't even consider doing shakes only at that point (not sure why??). So glad I like most of the shakes and I have now had chance to try both bars and find them ok too, so although it will be strange not having hot food I feel I can do this! I'm going to try the bouillon once I get hold of some so at least I can have something hot! I too eat the same as my hubby so maybe doing this will help me work out exactly where I have been going wrong over the years!
Can't believe I haven't even been tempted to eat anything naughty either (so unlike me)-just hope this willpower continues!! I'm sure having you all to talk to is helping me. We will do it this time - we'll show them haha!:)

Yes we will aha! We can do this!!
Today all I have had is a shake and half a bar again.. I'm not even hungry, was going to have another shake when I got home just now but I'm not feeling hungry so I have just got into bed instead!

Back