NEW TO EXANTE!!

Hey Jade - its day 1 of week 2 - I decided to start this when i was off work at half term - so if there was a complete demon inside me that came out in the first week I'd avoid being sacked!!!

My job has me all over the place in various offices and the one thing i need to conquer is driving and pit stops - my plan is to not take money with me (only enough for car park) and an emergency bar in the car - see how it goes!

have a great day - note to self - get off bum now and go and do something!!!

Vee x

Yeah I make sure ?I don't take cash out now! Only carry my card in case of an emergency but since the canteen in my office only takes cash I couldn't buy anything even if I wanted aha!

Ooo Sparkle I hope it kicks in soon! I'm surprised it has kicked in already but I did start cutting down gradually last week to prepare myself for this wk! I am currently taking a lunch break at my desk nibbling on a choc orange bar! It is amazing how much better everything is tasting already! I could really taste the sweetness in my shake this morning whereas I have found them bland the past few days and also the bars are tasting much better!!

Pretty proud that yday I managed to sit and watch everyone eat around me and not get tempted and also when I went ikea last night my friend grabbed all types of food goodies but I never gave in!!! Not feeling hungry is making this so much better! And the support I am getting from you guys and my friends is making it all worthwhile (I know I am talking like I have been doing the diet for ages but it is day 3 and I have usually given up on a diet by day 1 lol..)

Hey yeah I was hoping my pre-diet week woul help me settle in to this easier as I have never done anything like this before!

I remember someone saying that their legs have been aching; I'm also having this problem! I'm finding it hard to get comfortable sat at work as my legs just ache no matter what position I put them in!

Hi Ladies! Been a bit busy today so only just managed to get on laptop! Well done Sparkle on your loss again :) and JadeMarie you do make me laugh as you sound a bit like me as I usually give up far too quickly too! Like you both I am really finding talking to you is helping me stick to this and feel really excited about slimming down. I don't want to be stick thin, just curvy and comfortable with myself. I had porridge this morning and added lots of cinnamon (thanks for the tip Sparkle) but I struggled so will probably just have my last packet and not re-buy them again. Had vanilla shake for lunch (didn't like it), so I added a big spoonful of coffee and managed to tell myself it was a creamy latte and did drink it all. Thankfully my bars are here so going to have half for dinner and the other half for when I sit in front of the tv :). Just a query, what is that about exercise as I started exercising on my cross trainer last night (just 20mins) - do they suggest not doing any?? x

Evening ladies!

Today was another good day! The family have unfortunately got a bit cruel and are trying to tempt me with dinner but I have retreated upstairs with the laptop whilst they sit and eat tonight! I've decided not to go near the soups again, the chicken one put me off so much on night one that I almost gave up but i'm doing well on the shakes and bars! I have only had the strawberry and banana shakes so far, will try the vanilla one for breakfast tomorrow and see what it is like but my fav items so far are definitely the strawberry shake and choc orange bar! Now that I don't feel tremendously hungry they are actually tasting a lot better which is weird aha! I don't know if that is just because my taste pallete is beginning to appreciate anything that passes through the mouth that isn't water aha! I'm feeling really tired tonight, I think I'm going to shower and then get in bed and watch tv til i doze off!

The achy legs thing I don't know if that is purely because I did some exercise Monday night and am only now feeling the after effects! I just found it weird that someone else mentioned it..

Hope your days have been ok and that ketosis kicks in soon! It definitely makes getting through the day easier :) xx

Hi Sparkle, I decided to do some exercise because I want to make sure I tone up as well and just generally feel healthier as I was getting to the point of sounding a bit puffed out just going up the stairs, and that's not good! I'm just going to stick to the 20mins at a steady pace on the cross trainer for now, at least 4/5 times a week if I can.
I felt quick sick with hunger just before lunch today and had vanilla shake with coffee added to it and I have just had half choc orange bar with a cup of coffee for dinner - which I loved - well liked, would be more a more accurate description, but I can certainly do this if I stick to them and the strawberry shakes. Not had as much water today - must try harder!:) Are you struggling with the hunger side of things today? x

Last edited by a moderator:
**post removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi JadeMarie - good for you sticking to it when you are being tempted. My hubby sat eating a bar of chocolate in front of me last night and I just kept thinking how good I will feel by Christmas and so glad that I have shifted the weight at las,t instead of keep thinking about it and talking about it but not doing anything about it! I want to feel better and I'm sure today the Sainsbury's man had a twinkle in his eye (he must have noticed my 3+lb loss ;)). Seriously though, in life we tend to do things to please others a lot, and this is for ourselves and our future health. How much water are you drinking a day because someone told my husband today that to drink more than 2litres a day is not good as it flushes essential salts out of the body (wondered if this might be why your legs are achey? is it similar to when you get cramp kind of feeling?). Having said that, I feel that the soups taste very salty so maybe this has been taken into account with the ingredients they put into these packs. Hope you get a good night's sleep and tomorrow will be day 4, can you believe it - how well have we done to get this far?! Won't be long before it's weigh-in day :) x

Hi ladies thanks for the invite over :)

Managed to find the thread......

Just a couple of things

Exercise: on vlcd you're advised against starting any new exercising during the first few weeks n then once you start 'listen to your body' exante advise 20 mins a day as you've said so just take it easy. The other posts advising against is due to the slowing down of weight loss whole exercising. Partly could be due to muscle gain.... Also if you're burning to many cals n hardly consuming any it's that age old.... The body will try harder to hold onto its reserves etc

Achy legs: totally know this one. It's to do with the depletion of your glycogen stores. Water etc stores in your muscles. It will pass! As previously mentioned salt can help as it can with the cramps so a bouillon here n there should help. Personally i take it as a prime excuse for a hot radix bubble bath :)

Ok I'm rambling! Il shut up now!

N that water limit is wrong. It may be half way true if you werent on a vlcd. The main reason we need all the water is to make up for the water we are losing from the food we should be eating

I can't remember the official amount exante advise, but having done cd n exante in the past 3 litres is a good amount (should take my own advice as I'm only 1 litre down)

Oh thank god, I was starting to think I was going crazy with the achy legs thing aha!

Bring on day 4 ladies!!

N that water limit is wrong. It may be half way true if you werent on a vlcd. The main reason we need all the water is to make up for the water we are losing from the food we should be eating

I can't remember the official amount exante advise, but having done cd n exante in the past 3 litres is a good amount (should take my own advice as I'm only 1 litre down)

Thanks for this. I don't think there would be any possibility of me ever reaching the amount Exante recommend of 2-3litres a day. But good to know all the same.:)

Sparkle just keep on! It will get easier! Sometimes when I smell food my thoughts do stray but i've sat around people eating and haven't been tempted to give up! I'm so glad I cut down in preparation for this last wk! It appears to definitely have helped

Thank God the achey leg mystery - solved - I've had them for a couple of days now - feel like they need a good massage - now that actually sounds like a plan!

Hope everyone having a good evening - I'm here updating posts and drinking a banana milkshake - cheers for the facebook tip - i've joined the group now- which may come in useful

Take care Vee x

So 9.30 pm day 3 accessing minimins from my phone..... If you don't hear from me anymore I've eaten my phone! It must be low carb n cal right!! Lol

Errgh I'm getting the aches now but in my arms. I'm always cold but hands n feet like ice so our trusted friend ketosis is on its way :) woo hoo!

I hate the hunger at bed time! (early nights needed this week!!!) tiredness is a binge trigger for me so tired n starving not a good combination :) still it'll pass soon

So 9.30 pm day 3 accessing minimins from my phone..... If you don't hear from me anymore I've eaten my phone! It must be low carb n cal right!! Lol

Errgh I'm getting the aches now but in my arms. I'm always cold but hands n feet like ice so our trusted friend ketosis is on its way :) woo hoo!

I hate the hunger at bed time! (early nights needed this week!!!) tiredness is a binge trigger for me so tired n starving not a good combination :) still it'll pass soon

Hi Shell, I think going to bed a bit earlier will definitely help. The evening is usually when I sit thinking about what I could be eating, so I saved half a bar to eat tonight which is all I was thinking about when I was reading bedtime story earlier haha! My feet were freezing in bed last night - what other symptoms are there with ketosis please (just so I know when I might be there:)).

Back