New to Maintenance

Mandy, looks like you are holding your own at the minute. Good for you! I hope you find this week goes as well for you.

Wow! Graduation went badly in the alcohol department!

Day 5:

B: LT bar and tea with skimmed milk
L: 2slices ww bread and beans

4 vodka & west coast cooler
3 sex on the beach cocktails
:( oh no!!

Day 6:

L: 2 slices ww bread and beans
D: vegetable soup with 1 potato

Can diet coke
Tea with skimmed milk

Ach that's not so bad - and you hardly had anything to eat! x

Dreading weigh in tomorrow!! Please Please fingers crossed I stay the same.... Eeeek! I will let you know guys!!xx

I don't think you'll need luck - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! :) But good luck anyway ;) xx

Good luck for weigh in. Even if you do gain, just pull back for a few days.

Ah well done on the STS!!!

Thanks Molly :) was delighted!! Now serious this week! How do you all find maintenance? Do you think it's easy to shift the extra pounds on maintenance?

Well done on your STS thats great :)

How do you all find maintenance? Do you think it's easy to shift the extra pounds on maintenance?

I find maintainence hard, very hard. The toughest challenge I face. And hard to shift the extra lbs!

Sorry if thats not the answer you were hoping to read from someone. Im sure there are people out there that find maintainence easy but for someone who has been a yoyo dieter since the age of 9/10 its now very hard to try and keep my weight stable.

Maintenance requires planning for being good and bad!!! I lost another 29 lbs after TFR . I followed GL principles and am maintaining my TFR and GL losses now for a year.

Well done on your sts! :)

It's a bit of a contradiction in terms to talk about losing weight on maintenance. Maintenance is about staying the same. While some people like Molly seem to have perfected that, most of us seem to gain a few then lose a few.
If you have quite a bit still to lose then you won't lose it 'on maintenance' you'll need to find a plan that you can stick to to lose it and then come back to maintenance .... just mho :) xx

I'd say maintaining within a range is best as I personally don't believe in a magic number. Mandy, you want to lose another 8 pounds and should be able to manage it with healthy eating. Or follow what Jan and a couple of others on here are doing and have two TFR products and one meal. Jan did really well on it. It's all trial and error.

just popping my nose in to say well done on your weightloss so far and good luck for the future... i can't really give advice on maintenence yet as im still slowly figuring it out, but after lipotrim i chose to follow weightwatchers and so far i've lost an extra 3lbs i think, i'd love to lose more but i'm happy as i am for now and just trying to find the best way to maintain and be sensible at the moment :)xxx

Thank you all so much for the fantastic advice! Yes I would like another half stone so hopefully eating healthy and the maintenance products will help me, even though it's a bit of a contradiction of maintaining.. Xxx

Day 7

L: 2 ww bread and scrambled egg
D: grilled chicken, low fat sauce

Cup of tea with skimmed milk

Day 8

B: LT bar, tea with skimmed milk
L/D: veg soup, wheaten bread, portion of wedges! REALLY shouldn't have!! Was eating out

Plum
Can diet coke
1 more cup tea with skimmed milk

Feel bad today:( :(

Back