new to this ;0)

Hi, I'm in Portlaoise. 30lbs in 5 weeks? I thought I was doing well with 18lbs in 4 weeks! :eek:

I have the porridge every day and a nut fudge bar and a chocolate shake (sometimes made as hot chocolate) and then either veg, chicken or tomato soup.

hi nikki, keep to it its definately worth it! personally i just have the shakes and a bar evey weigh in/friday night as a wee treat ;) my favourite is the chocolate shake, putting in 150ml of water so its thicker and pop in the microwave for 1 min, instant hot chocolate :D and it tastes rather good :p
anyways, Hope you do well!

Hi Andyfofo,
This is my fifth day today and its getting easier :D i would prefer the shakes myself aswell, i like the nutty bar as we were allowed to have a bar yesterday and it was great to be able to ''chew'' on something :D looking forward to first weigh in wed, how long have you been doing LL and how much have you lost
IWillgetthere, thats amazing 30lb in 5wks well done to you, you must be feeling great :)
Andyfofo sorry just seen your weightloss progress fair play to you thats great well done

Hi Andyfofo,
This is my fifth day today and its getting easier :D i would prefer the shakes myself aswell, i like the nutty bar as we were allowed to have a bar yesterday and it was great to be able to ''chew'' on something :D looking forward to first weigh in wed, how long have you been doing LL and how much have you lost
IWillgetthere, thats amazing 30lb in 5wks well done to you, you must be feeling great :)
Andyfofo sorry just seen your weightloss progress fair play to you thats great well done

yeah it definately gets easier, i held off on the bars for the first 5 weeks until i gave in on the urge to chew aswell :D but there only a few extra calories so i dont mind the two a week :D

thanks very much, im quite chuffed actually, only a few more weeks :D congratulations on your weight loss too :D

Yeah your doing amazing, our councellor said we will have approx 3lb 4lb weight loss a week so your weight loss's are brilliant id say your well chuffed alright have you gone down a few clothes sizes? do you do much exercise? i havent done any this week but have my 1st weigh in wed eve so going to start walking thur.

yeahh im down to a medium mens now so im quite happy :D still a wee bit left to go :p

ehh yeah every weekday morning i get up at 6 for a 10k, then monday wedensday and friday nights i hit the gym for a toning session :p

:wave_cry:Hello Every one!:wave_cry:

It's my day 1 on Lighter life total and i have a long way to go. It's good to see the words of encouragement posted between LL'ers!
I had porrige this morning (no too fond of that) and a vanilla shake at noon (actually liked that!)
I'm going to stick to it but having troulble getting the water down!

Last edited:
Oh my god that much exercise? fair play to you i was looking at an hour walk and maybe half an hour on my crosstrainer.
thats great about the clothes too bet you feel and look great. :D

Hi Sarah, have you tried the water flavours from LL? im finding it ok drinking the water but i might get the water flavouring this week just to add a bit of flavour.

Oh my god that much exercise? fair play to you i was looking at an hour walk and maybe half an hour on my crosstrainer.
thats great about the clothes too bet you feel and look great. :D

Hi Sarah, have you tried the water flavours from LL? im finding it ok drinking the water but i might get the water flavouring this week just to add a bit of flavour.

well i played aot of rugby before i started so i was incredibly fit for someone with my bmi :p thats the only reason why :) yeahh i do thanks :D just cant wait till im properly skinny :D

Thats brill fair play to you,ah sure you havent long now until your super slim :D had the choc the way you recommended it was lovely warmed me up a bit coz im freezing (think its with all the cold water im drinking:))

yeahh, only 4/5 weeks i think :D
awww well thats good :p yeahh i get that too, especially hands feet and nose... My LLC explains it like your body's only taking in so much, so its using what it has protecting the vital organs (torso) by priotising its central heating to make sure your torso is at a stable temperature :) if that makes sense :p

Yeah i get ya ;) . my hands are like ice !! how many wks in total do you do i have 14 and then 12 wks rtm she said seems ages away! will be worth it though:D

good ;)
well the guys programs only 8 weeks, but im doing an extra 4 as a guesstimate of how long it will take to get to my target weight :D
im not doing RTM myself, so i only have a few more weeks:D

andy sounds like ur doing gr8! and good that u dont have many weeks left! i just wanna get started now iv feel like iv been waiting forever for my group to start lol x

andy sounds like ur doing gr8! and good that u dont have many weeks left! i just wanna get started now iv feel like iv been waiting forever for my group to start lol x

thanks very much! ;) good luck, you'll enjoy it and probably make a few good friends at your group in the process :) just remember its all about will power :)

your exactly right,only i can do it for myself,no1 else,im just so fed up of hating being like this and now its time i did something for myself instead of everyone else :)

Hi Nikki10,
I relate to the cold hands; I'm on day two and I'm sooo cold!!! and have a headace.......I know.....more water!

Trying to syc myself up for the employee meeting this afternoon. The wonderful cakes and wine and juices were delivered about an hour ago (had to sign for them tut!).

(how can i get the slide bar at the bottom to track my Progress?)

I will not fail myself!!!!!

Hi Sarah,
I havent a clue how to do that thing at the bottom of the page sorry!
After day 3-4 the headaches should dissappear,i did LT before only for 3wks but im finding this a lot easier to do although i started off drinking 5litres of water then four,im on my 3rd now and its not going down as easy as it did the first few days:rolleyes:,my first weigh in tomorrow i cannot wait!:D

Cogratulations Nikki, that's fabulous. Looks like it'll be over a stone in 2 weeks!
Where else could you do that?

Back