New today (29/10/12) and ready to go 100%

Thanks kiki - I gulped down two thirds thick then read your comment and watered down the rest considerably and is much more tolerable - need to invest in some sauces though!

Glad I have not thrown my soup away then, there is hope. So far I have taken half my evening meal of banana shake. Again i have reacted a bit to it. I mxed it with coffee. Will have the other half later tonite.

I think I need to stock on Dr Pepper zero and zero sprite.

Back and stocked up on fizzy pop, boullion, hot sauce and some tetley green tea with honey flavour - nice and comforting and no carbs = win!

whats not so good is the lack of energy and stonking headache

I am not so hungry today but I am being a bit less articulate than usual tripping over my words like a fuzzy head (which isn't great as I am a speech therapist) but I guess this might be keytosis (sp?) starting to kick in.

I have the Tomato Soup and the Porridge to try out of my pack which I will be doing tomorrow. So far I don't like the banana so I am going to sell my spares of that as I refuse to 'eat' stuff that I hate. I might get some of the new pasta to have a go of, won't that be exciting!

Tronic I am going to try n finish off the not so tasty ones first also... Has anyone picked up any tips on how to make the shakes tasty? I have heard tell of mixing it with coffee? So far today (day two) I have a headache and am actually avoiding my first shake of the day after last nite's soup trauma. I think maybe the texture pre-thinning the soup was the problem... Still...after spending the money I am determined to plod through! Thinking of the end game!
Wishing you all a successful day :)

Ah someone pls help me! I can stsy away from food i just cant seem to force these products into me!! So upset as silly me bought bumper box :(( really devo - every product is making me gag there are no saviours. How is everyone else doing it???

Oh noes!! I'm doing ok, I add more water to them all though - 300mls in a shake for example. I'm adding encona pepper sauce to soups too so at least they taste spicy. Found it not so bad when I hit ketosis too as I'm not actually hungry.

Have you tried adding sweetners to the shakes?? Maybe search some of the recipe threads, some of the loner term members might have more tips - it's where I learnt about the encona and boullion xx

Thankyou kiki i have just had a good cry to my mum and am gonna try downing it with mouthful of coffee in between. Surprisingly i am coping with the starving aspect, it is just getting the products in me... One last try. Thank you for the encouragement!

I think I have hit Ketosis now as I am suprizing not massivley hungry anymore, waiting for my stick to come though before I believe it fully.
Sat in pizza hut and watched a friend eat a pizza earlier and I didn't cry, that wouldn't have happened on Monday. Monday I would have punched her and ran off with it.

Just a reminder NO food references allowed in the 100% section

Thread moved to main forum :)

Today

The good news:

-headache gone
-can concentrate again
-loads of energy
-finding it easier, not as hungry

The bad news:

- forgot to take products to work, forced down soup and bar when got home.. Just the shake to go!

Doh!

Thanks kiki - after my earlier panic I came home and managed to eat the bar with bouillon - random I know... Tomoro I will try again with the soups. First two days done and I have only managed to get two products in me each day. Has anyone else had these problems and overcome them? Hoping it gets easier and that my body/tastebuds/throat will get used to it. Sorry if I being dramatic - it is my first vlcd. Well done those who have gotten i to ketosis! X

Are any Monday starters showing a hint of a weight loss yet? I weighed myself this morning and I was dissapointed to read 13stone 11, just one pound, I know I've only been total solution for 3 days but I had hoped that I would have a 4/5/6 lb weight loss this week and a 1lb in three days isn't boading well! I know it's the right direction but........I want to be thin now or at least by Sunday.

Ooops! Sorry starlight, thanks for moving :)

I have managed to avoid the scales so far, had a grumpy "why am I putting myself through this" fit this morning but my oh is so lovely and supportive he got me through. I am currently sat in my car avoiding going in to my training course as I know they are all eating bacon butties :(

Hi purplespiders! i've vowed not to weigh myself till 2 weeks in.. I do feel like I have lost some though.. clothes a little bit looser.. I think this kind of thing will build momentum at first, so I wouldn't worry too much at this stage.. good luck!

Hey purplespiders - I am beginning to feel less hungry after 3 days but have not yet weighed in. I think def give it as best as you can for the whole week as your body gets used to new routine and then begins to let go of fat. Anyone think they are in ketosis yet? I believe day 4 or 5 may be ketosis time when your body switches into byrning its own fat?
P.s. A banana shake went down this morning relatively easy and without drama!

Lulubell- Glad you had an easier morning, one step at a time and all that x

purplespiders and tronic, my jeans and bra are definitely looser today. Might have a sneaky weigh tomorrow... Good on you for not eating when you forgot your packs tronic, I've had panicked massively at that!!

Hey let me join the 29/10 start bandwagon. I have been on Exante nearly two weeks but not been faithful just love my food too much but all these incredible pounds dropping has given me some courage to try 100%

Unfortunately yesterday was not good I had 3 pieces of roast chicken at night, hubby has no problem with weight and it is so frustrating cooking and watching him eat.

This morning i drank 200ml of skimmed milk already but I am back on the wagon

Honestly if you can get through the first 3 days, you'll stop being as hungry.. trust me... earlier in the week, I thought how the hell am I going to do this, but now I feel really confident.. good luck!

Back