New Year, back on the GL bandwagon

Sounds like things are going well with you, well done on making good choices while eating out. :)

And congratulations on the 2lb loss. Woo! :D

Congratulations on your weightloss! That's really great that you lost 2 lbs! Also wonderful that you're still sticking to low GL even during busy times. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing your next update:)

Right, so after 2 weeks of mucking about and not making time to get on here, with resulting poor results on the diet front, I am back on the straight and narrow! No more baking cakes for the kids after school and scoffing the lion's share :eek:

Todays menu:
B - porridge with almonds and sweet freedom
L - goats cheese and beetroot salad
T - chicken and cherry tomato bake

snacks - nuts, fruit.

Mmm your lunch and tea sound delicious. I have weeks like that sometimes, but GI is very forgiving and you can just get back on track. :)

I know, the odd bad week is inevitable. We are only human I guess, and life would be so boring with no cake ever!

Today:
B - slice rye bread with peanut butter; small greenish banana
S - fruitus bar
L - lentil soup; pear
D - meat loaf, couple of tatties, carrots and brocolli.
S - couple of squares G&B 70% chocolate; peanuts

I must up my exercise again. Apart from walking the dog (very quickly today because it was bloomin' Baltic), I haven't done anything for ages. Maybe I'll go back to zumba this weekend.

2lbs off this week, which I am obviously very pleased about, especially as it totm. Was quite surprised as I do feel very bloated, but obviously GL is working its magic (has anyone else noticed that their PMT symptoms are much less on this diet? I no longer want to murder anyone for the week beforehand lol).

Today's menu:
B - porridge with almonds and chopped up green banana
L- chicken salad
S - handful nuts, couple of slices ham
D - chicken and brocolli bake (probably not strictly GL as it's made using a can of Heinz chicken soup, but it was really yummy); couple of squares G&B 70% chocolate.

I am back drinking lots of water again too.

Whoop whoop, well done you. :) I don't necessarily notice improved PMT (sorry, hubby) but TOTM itself is much less awful, which I'll happily settle for!

Today:

B - almond cheese muffin
S - fruitus bar
L - bacon and scrambled egg (not exactly ideal)
D - baked trout, carrotts and courgettes
S - peanuts

Hi all, I am investigating the Holford Diet as I have been doing lipotrim, but really, really miss eating. This seems like a healthy achievable way to continue. Please keep posting as you are giving me lots of ideas.

I have the ' Holfords bible' but can any of you recomend any others, and also if people can recommend low GL snacks - easy ones like a bar of something that would be great. I am going food shopping today so will be starting today. Just need to get through to lunch without blowing it xxx

Hiya! I recommend you buy patrick holfords Low GL diet cookbook. It is an update to his gi bible and a great companion!

It has everything from the concepts of the diet, to shopping lists, to menus, to recipes. And it sets out easy to understand quantities of pretty much all staple foods (fruit,breads,pulses,veg etc) needed to either lose or maintain weight.

It is a great book and easy to get your head round! Xxx

Ps it also has a whole section of low gl snacks.

Skerry, Well done on last week's loss. I hope this week is a good one for you too.

Stayed the same this week. Too many Mother's Day treats I think - large meal, piece of cake, choccies and wine. Just as well it's not every weekend lol

Oh well, back to reality:

B - Get Up and Go smoothie
S - fruitus bar
L - chicken salad
S - handful cashews
D - prawn steam fry (loads of veg but I skipped the rice)

Well, you're allowed treats for your special day. Just get back on track for the week.

Sounds like you're back on track now, and with a special holiday I think a STS is not a bad result at all. That's part of what makes this way of eating liveable, one weekend doesn't blow all your hard work. :)

Thank you for all your words of encouragement everyone, it really does help spur me on and I have managed 3lbs off this week! Much better. I hope everyone else has been enjoying the sunshine. I think it makes it easier to maker healthy choices when the weather is so glorious :)

Today's menu:
B - Get up and go smoothie
S - fruitus bar
L - seafood salad
D - Beef casserole with salad; couple of squares 70% chocolate, strawberries

Woo! Well done this week, that's a fab loss. :) I find it easier in the nice weather, as I don't crave stodgy things so much!

STS this week again. A combination of being off on holiday with the kids, and eating too many Easter treats :oops:. Plus TOTM and I never lose on that week. Will see what next week brings.

Back