New year, fresh start, new target and new goals

Hapy New Year! Well done on all your achieved targets for 2014 and good luck for 2015. I am new to SW and will be starting my plan next week. :)
Welcome to Slimming world! Everyone's really friendly and helpful on here. Good luck with it x

Monday morning... I literally never want to get out of bed on a monday morning!
Had a really nice weekend. Friday night I managed a 5.3 Mile run and stayed on plan all evening. Again Saturday a fully on plan day, got the food shopping done and made pulled pork ready for Sunday.
Sunday morning I got up and watched the OH in his football cup final which they won and then I went for another run with a friend 7.8 Miles.
Another on plan day, but seemed to be eating and snacking a lot more...?
Which brings me to todaay....

FOOD DIARY
Breakfast
Egg, baked beans, veggie sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach.

Lunch
Chinese style super rice with salmon, pepper, celery and cucumber
Melon pot from tesco
Danio strawberry yogurt (1.5 syns)

Tea
Salmon and broccoli, sugar snaps and carrots

Last edited:
Well done Jennie!! I hope to join you majorly this week on the running stakes, I really need to up my game or there shall be no marathon!! xx

I'm sure you'll be on it very soon!!! My half is feb 22nd, so need to get building up for that.

Tuesday... WEIGH DAY!
I'm pretty worried that the wine and pizza from NYE may catch up with me, even though I've had a 100% on plan week. Oh well. What can you do?!
I'm off running tonight with the club, hopefully another on plan 5 miles to be done.

Food Diary
Breakfast
Porridge and skimmed milk with strawberries

Lunch
Salmon, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper and onion. Mugshot.

You are doing so well with your running! Have you found it change your middle area at all...any abs starting to pop through?!

You are doing so well with your running! Have you found it change your middle area at all...any abs starting to pop through?!

Nope, I doubt there is any chance of that happening for a while lol. What with xmas weight and lack of runs over xmas... I don't think I've ever seen my abs lol

I'll be ab-less for a while I think....

-2.5lb at weigh-'in can't grumble!

Yippee! Really pleased with the 2.5lb off last night, and considering that included the NYE pizza and wine evening, even better. I ended up on takeaway (Pasta with bacon and chillis in tomato sauce) and a cake (one's I had baked at weekend) and a cadbury caramel from the leftover selection boxes. I'd saved the chocolate and cake for treat night, but the takeaway was a little unplanned as I came home to all the salt and pepper chicken I'd made... GONE. Somehow my greedy OH thought the whole tray was for him and ate the lot. Starting to see the funny side of it now, but last night I was seriously unimpressed post 6 mile run...!

Haha on a bright note! Today I'm trying to stick to the SP plan, so speed and protein foods, plus 2 HexB's :)

Food Diary

Breakfast
2 Poached eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms.

Lunch
Salmon, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper. Apple and melon.

Tea
Mayflower (Syns?) chicken curry with cauliflower rice (Never tried the rice out so any hints and tips on how to do this would be appreciated!!)
Danio Yog (1.5)

Advice on the rice - if it's for 2 of you, do the entire cauli head - it may look like loads but I find it shrinks when I cooked it!

What a little rascal your OH is - I would have strangled him!!!! How did you make the chicken? I don't want to rub it in if it's still fresh but it sounds delicious!!

It's a tub of spice mix from the green grocers? So literally peel all the skin of my chicken coat it in the spice mix and chuck it in the oven. Its great for doing salt and pepper chips too. My consultant told me to count it as a syn for a teaspoon, but a lot of people don't syn it and it never seems to affect there weight-loss.

Brill it's just for me, so maybe I'll use just half a head, and add some broccoli on the side if I need it.

Back