New year, fresh start, new target and new goals

Hope you don't mind but I'm here to subscribe. My slimming world journey has been a long one, I lose a stone and a half between January and May then put it all back on again and more. This year I'm determined to stick to it. So any tips I can gain from you would be great :D

I started running last year also, only done a few 5ks though find it hard to keep going more than 30 mins without stopping. Have signed up for a 10 mile race on March 1st & a half marathon on 12th April and then disaster struck, I got an injury!! No idea whats wrong but my leg has been in agony for over a week now so no running for me :( I have my first physio appointment and I'm hoping it is a quick fix and I can get into proper training because I generally struggle with anything over 4 miles at the moment.

Anyways, I'm rambling, looking forward to following your diary and well done on your recent loss! x

Hope you don't mind but I'm here to subscribe. My slimming world journey has been a long one, I lose a stone and a half between January and May then put it all back on again and more. This year I'm determined to stick to it. So any tips I can gain from you would be great :D

I started running last year also, only done a few 5ks though find it hard to keep going more than 30 mins without stopping. Have signed up for a 10 mile race on March 1st & a half marathon on 12th April and then disaster struck, I got an injury!! No idea whats wrong but my leg has been in agony for over a week now so no running for me :( I have my first physio appointment and I'm hoping it is a quick fix and I can get into proper training because I generally struggle with anything over 4 miles at the moment.

Anyways, I'm rambling, looking forward to following your diary and well done on your recent loss! x

Hi! Welcome to my diary :)
I think we can all say we've got the t-shirts for losing weight and then putting it back on again. Last year I lost 39.5lb... And gained 26lb?! So I wouldn't dwell on that too much. Have you been doing Slimming world long??

I do love running and I've had a few times where I've been out of action, but fingers crossed I'm doing ok at the moment. I started running last february, so not even 12 months yet and I've done 1 half marathon and 2 10k's. Looking at racing a lot more this year. And have a half marathon booked for Feb 22nd, 11 other races to compete in over the year with the club (varying distances) and then manchester 10k, birchwood 10k and english half marathon again. :) It's hopefully going to be a busy but productive year. Good luck with getting your leg sorted

Hello again! I used to follow your old diary last year. Just subscribing to your new one :) I have also started a new diary – I was on here last year losing weight for my wedding which I managed to do, but unfortunately since my wedding it’s nearly all gone back on again :mad: hoping I can do it permanently this time! Looking forward to following your journey too - I'm especially impressed that you have done a couple of 10ks! I started running briefly last year and gave up because I never seemed to be able to run very far without feeling like I was going to die - I really want to try again so will be looking to you for inspiration :D (no pressure lol) x

Hello again! I used to follow your old diary last year. Just subscribing to your new one :) I have also started a new diary – I was on here last year losing weight for my wedding which I managed to do, but unfortunately since my wedding it’s nearly all gone back on again :mad: hoping I can do it permanently this time! Looking forward to following your journey too - I'm especially impressed that you have done a couple of 10ks! I started running briefly last year and gave up because I never seemed to be able to run very far without feeling like I was going to die - I really want to try again so will be looking to you for inspiration :D (no pressure lol) x

Hello!! Hope the wedding all went well, I'll be getting across to your diary today. Glad your back, it's always so hard to get back on it!! It's taken me a while to get comfortable with running, and I think it's definitely something you need patience with. I just try to do a little more each week and I find it helps to have races booked in to keep me motivated and training.

Thursday already! The week is speeding along!
Food today

Breakfast
Beans, egg, mushrooms, tomato and spinach

Lunch
Veg soup with broth mix. Shape 0% fat yogs, melon, apple, clementines

Tea
R&R sausages, mashed potato and brocolli

Not loads, I just bung most of it in the microwave? So it only takes a few minutes and I potter around whilst its doing?
I tend to like to be up about 45 mins before I go out, gives me plenty of time to brush teeth, get dressed, make-up on, breakfast and out.

Hello!! Hope the wedding all went well, I'll be getting across to your diary today. Glad your back, it's always so hard to get back on it!! It's taken me a while to get comfortable with running, and I think it's definitely something you need patience with. I just try to do a little more each week and I find it helps to have races booked in to keep me motivated and training.

You've done really well with it! Yeah I think I might attempt a parkrun soon.. though even 5k sounds scary right now! And then a mum at the school did the Wolf Run in November and I was seriously tempted to sign up to do the one in April. Don't know if that's a bit over ambitious though! xx

You've done really well with it! Yeah I think I might attempt a parkrun soon.. though even 5k sounds scary right now! And then a mum at the school did the Wolf Run in November and I was seriously tempted to sign up to do the one in April. Don't know if that's a bit over ambitious though! xx

Definitely not! I hadn't even started running when I signed up for my Great manchester 10k last year. I think it gives you the motivation you need to run a bit further each time you are out. Good luck with the park run. A few people on here do them and seem to like them. I've not done one for a few weeks, so might have to get back on it lol

Didn't go running last night as had a head ache and really feel like I'm going to have to force myself to get out tonight too :(

I managed Friday, Saturday and Sunday runs!! This weeks total 21.3 miles.

Been extra good this weekend and dryathlon is still going really well! Raised £30 so far for cancer research.

One thing I've noticed this weekend from keeping my food diary, is that I drink a lot less liquid on a weekend!! And I mean litres less! So next weekend, my aim is to up the water and keep my bottle with me at all times.
I'm thinking of buying myself a nice fancy water bottle, just to motivate me a little bit more.

Also, I made lamb hotpot last night out of the SW mag from the one with the woman with the sparkly red dress on. It was AMAZING. So tasty and packed out with speed foods.

Today is looking a bit like this...

B: Multigrain porridge with 125ml skimmed milk. Raspberries. Leftover baked beans with mushrooms.

L: Leftover curry with cauliflower rice. Clementines and apple. Melon.

T: Undecided. But will be something SP

I agree about not drinking enough whilst not in a working week. I drink far too much coffee at the weekend so forget to drink anything else. Love the fancy water bottle idea!

I've bought the last 2 mags and haven't had a chance to properly read them yet... the latest BBC GF mag too!

When I was meal planning yesterday morning, I was determined to make at least 2 things this week from the Davina book as it's a bit disappointing and felt I needed to get my money's worth!! Next weekend for sure will involve some major recipe reading ;)

Amazing runs too Jen - you're on fire!! When do you WI again? xx

I've bought the last 2 mags and haven't had a chance to properly read them yet... the latest BBC GF mag too!

When I was meal planning yesterday morning, I was determined to make at least 2 things this week from the Davina book as it's a bit disappointing and felt I needed to get my money's worth!! Next weekend for sure will involve some major recipe reading ;)

Amazing runs too Jen - you're on fire!! When do you WI again? xx

I read somewhere else that good food mag was good! I think I'll have a look out for that one.
Same here. My friend bought a recipe file thing for Xmas, so it'll be nice to write out some of the recipes I find online/insta etc and keep them all in one place and find new ones to add.

I know! Felt a bit woozy after the 9.3 miles one though... I think I need to start looking at energy gels and energy drinks to keep my sugars/liquids/salts etc all up. Not sure where to start though.

I read somewhere else that good food mag was good! I think I'll have a look out for that one.
Same here. My friend bought a recipe file thing for Xmas, so it'll be nice to write out some of the recipes I find online/insta etc and keep them all in one place and find new ones to add.

I know! Felt a bit woozy after the 9.3 miles one though... I think I need to start looking at energy gels and energy drinks to keep my sugars/liquids/salts etc all up. Not sure where to start though.

If I'm doing anymore than 10k or 6 miles (i.e. running for over an hour) I normally have one. The one I like is the clif shot energy gel in razz. I like this one because it's like 90% natural ingredients, has no caffeine and its main ingredient is maltodextrin (sp?) which causes less stomach problems than others! Kinda tastes like the inside of a jam donut too :drool:

I'm going to try experimenting with more natural ones though soon so I'm not reliant on sugar.

The BBc GF mag is 5 issues for £5 atm I think. I got a 6 month subscription with my tesco club card! Winning!!
I'm doing the same with my recipes too - I always forget! It was my new year's resolution :)

If I'm doing anymore than 10k or 6 miles (i.e. running for over an hour) I normally have one. The one I like is the clif shot energy gel in razz. I like this one because it's like 90% natural ingredients, has no caffeine and its main ingredient is maltodextrin (sp?) which causes less stomach problems than others! Kinda tastes like the inside of a jam donut too :drool:

I'm going to try experimenting with more natural ones though soon so I'm not reliant on sugar.

The BBc GF mag is 5 issues for £5 atm I think. I got a 6 month subscription with my tesco club card! Winning!!
I'm doing the same with my recipes too - I always forget! It was my new year's resolution :)

I've never bothered tbh, I've only just started taking water with me when it's more than 6 miles lol I think part of the problem with Saturdays long treadmill run was I maybe took on too much water, but without any sugars/salts etc.

I have a few energy gel sachets from races and from what I bought last time and never used, so will maybe give them a go. I think they GU a chocolate flavour if I remember right. I'll get them out at weekend as hoping to do 10 miles on Saturday or Sunday.

Back