New year, fresh start, new target and new goals

Hotpot was lamb steaks, carrots, celery, onion, 300ml chicken stock, 1/2tbsp onion gravy granules, mixed herbs and bay leaf. Sliced potatoes on the top. Covered in oven for 1.5 hours at 170 degrees. Then uncover for 15-20 minutes.

I was so happy with how I got on, 9.3 miles on a treadmill though... BORINGGGGG

Hotpot was lamb steaks, carrots, celery, onion, 300ml chicken stock, 1/2tbsp onion gravy granules, mixed herbs and bay leaf. Sliced potatoes on the top. Covered in oven for 1.5 hours at 170 degrees. Then uncover for 15-20 minutes.

I was so happy with how I got on, 9.3 miles on a treadmill though... BORINGGGGG

How did you do that Jen? I really struggled doing 2 runs on the treadmill last week (5k and 7k)... I found I was going slower too?! It was just sooooo boring. I can't remember my pace cus it's done by the hour on the treadmill and in km rather than miles but I was around 33 or 34 mins for the 5k I think. I did have it on an incline of 2 though as I read somewhere that's how you can mimick a road.

I missed uploading it to strava/garmin too :(

How did you do that Jen? I really struggled doing 2 runs on the treadmill last week (5k and 7k)... I found I was going slower too?! It was just sooooo boring. I can't remember my pace cus it's done by the hour on the treadmill and in km rather than miles but I was around 33 or 34 mins for the 5k I think. I did have it on an incline of 2 though as I read somewhere that's how you can mimick a road.

I missed uploading it to strava/garmin too :(

Same! I was gutted that it didn't show on strava. And calorie wise, totally different to what my watch said, to what the machine said. I usually just leave it on 0.5% gradient, and i set it for 6.2 miles per hour. It took me just over 1hr 30mins.
They have TV's so watched a bit of TV, put some music on, kept changing it up, having a glance round at others. I knew I had to get it done, and I knew i didn't fancy the wind/rain/hail outside....

Looking to find a reasonably cheap romantic weekend away? Any ideas? Doesn't need to be abroad.

Self catering or hotel?
X

Wow that's such a feat...9 miles on a treadmill...you are my hero! I used to be able to do this, but like the others, now just get bored...I like the journey of the road, the purpose of it! Having said that..I haven't been on thw treadmill or the road in at least a month so anything Would be a start right now!! :)
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Where are you based jen? Guess you don't want tooo much travel time for a weekend away?!
Cotswolds, on the coast in Suffolk, Norfolk broads, bath, edinburgh, rome, Paris, champagne region (Reims) just a few thoughts! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hope you don't mind....I stole your idea and bought myself a sistema Davina 700 ml pink water bottle ! And a 17piece food storage set so I can carry fruit and veg on the go rather than carry alpen bars :)

Where are you based jen? Guess you don't want tooo much travel time for a weekend away?! Cotswolds, on the coast in Suffolk, Norfolk broads, bath, edinburgh, rome, Paris, champagne region (Reims) just a few thoughts! Xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I'm in Manchester so fairly central for most places. Anyone recommend anything??

Fish Pie Recipe

Poach 2 white fish fillets in 200ml skimmed milk with chopped leek, 2 cloves and a bay leaf.
Add to a casserole dish with diced carrot, courgette, sweetcorn. Add 200ml of veg stock and thicken with smash. Stir in half a bag of seafood.
Lay sliced potatoes on top. Cover and cook for 1 hour, uncover and cook for further 15 mins to brown off potatoes.
Nom nom.

Hope you don't mind....I stole your idea and bought myself a sistema Davina 700 ml pink water bottle ! And a 17piece food storage set so I can carry fruit and veg on the go rather than carry alpen bars :)

Ooooooh what's this 17 pc set? I am a sucker for tupperware!!

Fish Pie Recipe

Poach 2 white fish fillets in 200ml skimmed milk with chopped leek, 2 cloves and a bay leaf.
Add to a casserole dish with diced carrot, courgette, sweetcorn. Add 200ml of veg stock and thicken with smash. Stir in half a bag of seafood.
Lay sliced potatoes on top. Cover and cook for 1 hour, uncover and cook for further 15 mins to brown off potatoes.
Nom nom.

Is that a SW recipe? I tweaked one last year from BBC GF website (my fave) and it's yum! A staple in my diet now! x

Is that a SW recipe? I tweaked one last year from BBC GF website (my fave) and it's yum! A staple in my diet now! x

Me too! My cupboard is full but I don't have little snack pots..

Screenshot_2015-01-13-10-59-20.png

Made it up... I've made a jamie oliver fish pie in the past, and just got a few ideas from goodfood website too. :)

-1.5lb last night woop woop

Go you!!! Do you think the running has helped?

Well... To be honest, I usually put weight on when I'm upping my miles, and I would have expected to lose more considering how good I've been this week, so I don't think it massively helps the weight loss, but it does help with toning and changing my shape.

Back