New Years Eve...sticking to plan? or night off?

Josiecat

Silver Member
Will you be good for NYE or have the evening off?

I was going to start the plan from 1 January but decided to start 29 December as I couldn't see why I should put it off. But I am going to a house gathering for New Year eve and everyone is getting Indian takeaway. I am not sure whether to have fun for the evening and start again on Tuesday or if I should apply some damage limitation?

I have already decided I will stick with Malibu and diet coke and am thinking perhaps going for a dry chicken option for the meal but part of me is screaming to get that bottle of bubbly and order a delicious tikka masala with naan and pilau rice...:rolleyes:

I'll be on plan as normal but we did only start on Thursday so its not like ive worked hard for a long time and deserve a night off lol.
We're not actually doing anything for new year, my son is sleeping out so will be me, OH and our daughter but she is only 5 and will be in bed by 7 anyway... we are so rock and roll....NOT!

I really am in two minds about what I'm going to do. One part of me thinks that add I had yesterday off plan I should stick to it tomorrow night and the other part days that I don't go out very much so I should enjoy myself when I do.

The other massive thing putting me of is the thought of waking up New year's day with a hangover!

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the hangover, I am back to work 2 January so will have lots to do on NYD and the thought of a hangover is not good!!

Last time I did sw straight after Christmas (2 years ago) I told myself I would be good on NYE but did end up going off plan anyway and enjoying myself. I did, however, get back to plan on NYD and lost 1 stone by the end of February. So part of me says to enjoy myself!!

I'm on plan all day until the evening, then we are going to a party so that will be off plan. But after that I will be back on plan from NYD as I have WI on Thursday evening and want to minimise any potential gain

I say enjoy yourself and dont beat yourself up for having a good time. Why dont you stick to plan in the day and let your hair down after.

The thing I learnt about SW is that it should fit around your life not the other way round and its not like you do this every night.

Personally, im going to be on plan until the evening and then my friends are cooking us a 3 course meal which I have no control over , then im going to have a few magners and a couple of glasses of champagne and then stop and back on plan on tuesday. :)

I am deffo having the night off...lots of drinking to be done, and about 10 hours of driving so lots of rubbish food along the way...

I'm going to be on plan all day with my food, and then I'm allowing myself 30 syns for alcohol in the evening, which equates to 12 vodkas. Fingers crossed I manage to stop at that! Lol! I've got tons of marking to do on NYD, so I can't afford too much of a hangover :)

Ill be on plan food wise and only plan on having a couple of drinks to see the new year in as im not going out anywhere. I dont want a repeat of last year, my daughter got married the day before NYE and we just carried on drinking and eating for 3 whole days - i dont want to feel like that again lol

Hubby was in bed by 10 on NYE last year he couldnt take the pace lol me and son carried on drinking - god i sound like an advert for AA lol

Back