Newbie - Day 1 today

Pinksparklybirdy

Hiya

I'm Helen and I'm a bloater. I'm really really good at dieting, and terrible at keeping any weight off. I tried Slimming World, lost 65lbs, put it all back on. Then I did WW and lost 62lbs, put it all back on.

My downfall is my sweet tooth, left to myself I'd just eat chocolate all day, and I have no "off" switch. I am like a Heroin addict round food.

So, I've decided cold turkey is the only way. I wanted to do Lighter Life, but there's no consultant near me, so I found Slim and Save kind of by accident. I'm really hoping it works - I've done Cambridge years ago, but the food wasn't very nice.

So far today the Chocolate Shake was very nice, the Thai Soup was ok but very lumpy, and the Almond bar was yummy (can I just eat those?!!)

I'm a bit scared of dinner... don't like gloopy textures. Going to have spaghetti with broccoli and cabbage I think.

I just weighed in at 22st 7lbs. My knees, back and hips are killing me (literally). I need to shift some of this weight for good this time.....

Thanks for reading...

Helen x

Hey and welcome. Good luck on your journey. Xxx

Ps only one bar allowed a day unfortunately :-( xxx

Hi Helen, welcome to S&S. I too have tried various diets over the years and also end up regaining the weight I lose. I feel like I have an addiction to food as well I just eat and eat until I'm about to pop!

I'm just 2 weeks into S&S now (2nd WI tomorrow) and I can honestly say it's the easiest diet I've ever done. For me it really has helped to take 'normal' food out of the equation for a while.

Well done for getting started that is definitely the hardest part. In a few days ketosis will kick in and you wont even feel hungry anymore which makes things a lot easier! The Almond bar is okay but I actually think the others are even nicer! Have you tried the milk chocolate truffa? It's amazing! Only one bar a day though sadly but it's something to look forward too.

As for the soups, try adding a little hot water at first to make a paste and then add the rest bit by bit and that should get rid of the lumps. I don't think the Thai one has much flavour but I add a little ground chilli which really makes a difference!

Best of luck :) X

Have you tried a chromium supplement!!!

I cant remember where i read it but it helps with sweet cravings.... me and a few others have taken em for a while.... I feel they really help!!!

I got em in Holland and barrett!!!

X

Have you tried a chromium supplement!!!

I cant remember where i read it but it helps with sweet cravings.... me and a few others have taken em for a while.... I feel they really help!!!

I got em in Holland and barrett!!!

X

Thanks Deezer I haven't heard of those before but will defo give them a whirl! X

Back