Newbie just leaving the 26 stone zone...need some buddies to keep me going :)

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here, literally just joined. I'm 23 and currently weigh about 20st. I decided just like MrsLisaMarie that 2013 would be my year. I only started on 1/1/2013 which of course isn't long and having tried to diet so many times and given up in the first week. I was petrified but still felt so determined. I used to drink 4-5 litres of diet coke per take and have take away/fast food every evening and never ever do any excercise or much general movement. Yesterday morning i went walking for the first time and wasn't able to walk more than 10mins before my legs were cramping and i was breathless. I came home and burst into tears. I felt incredibly down and disappointed in myself for not being able to do more and almost gave up feeling like it would be pointless and it would never work. I than came across this website and particularly this thread and all i can say to MrsLisaMarie and all the other members is a huge "THANK YOU". Reading through these stories and seeing how brilliant ye have all done has really inspired me and perked me up. I'm going walking again this evening and hoping to join my local weight watchers tomorrow. I know it will be incredibly hard work but like i said ye are all so inspirational to me. I'm going to chart my progress on this site from now on and i hope this will keep me accountable. So sorry for the huge post just wanted to get that off my chest and to say thank you and congratulations on all the progress ye have made so far. xXx

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here, literally just joined. I'm 23 and currently weigh about 20st. I decided just like MrsLisaMarie that 2013 would be my year. I only started on 1/1/2013 which of course isn't long and having tried to diet so many times and given up in the first week. I was petrified but still felt so determined. I used to drink 4-5 litres of diet coke per take and have take away/fast food every evening and never ever do any excercise or much general movement. Yesterday morning i went walking for the first time and wasn't able to walk more than 10mins before my legs were cramping and i was breathless. I came home and burst into tears. I felt incredibly down and disappointed in myself for not being able to do more and almost gave up feeling like it would be pointless and it would never work. I than came across this website and particularly this thread and all i can say to MrsLisaMarie and all the other members is a huge "THANK YOU". Reading through these stories and seeing how brilliant ye have all done has really inspired me and perked me up. I'm going walking again this evening and hoping to join my local weight watchers tomorrow. I know it will be incredibly hard work but like i said ye are all so inspirational to me. I'm going to chart my progress on this site from now on and i hope this will keep me accountable. So sorry for the huge post just wanted to get that off my chest and to say thank you and congratulations on all the progress ye have made so far. xXx

I started 2012 saying "this is the year I AM DOING THIS" and I did. I lost 6 stone 2 weeks before christmas and only had a 2.5lb gain over the xmas period. I am starting 2013 21st5.5lbs and I am ready to lose another 6.

Really hope to see the weight dropping from you :) x

Thanks hun, had a bit of a bad time yesterday. As i said in my last post i thought i was around 20st but had my first WW meeting last night and weighed in at 21st 7.5lbs. :sigh: Was very upset last night but then i just thought feck it at least i'm doing something about it. Fingers crossed it'll be going down at my weigh in next week. :)

Thanks hun, had a bit of a bad time yesterday. As i said in my last post i thought i was around 20st but had my first WW meeting last night and weighed in at 21st 7.5lbs. :sigh: Was very upset last night but then i just thought feck it at least i'm doing something about it. Fingers crossed it'll be going down at my weigh in next week. :)

Don't be disheartened. I was 25.10 when I got pregnant, 27.4 when I went to deliver my baby girl (not a bad gain for 9 months pregnant) but didn't start Slimming World til my baby was 15 months old and thought that I would be close to my pre-pregnancy weight but I was actually 1/2lb lighter than when I went to deliver her. I was gutted but more determined!

At least you know now and you are doing something about it. I averaged for the year that I have lost just over 1.5lbs a week and that is the best average weight loss if you are looking to lose the weight and keep it off.

Good luck and can't wait to hear how you get on at your first weigh in.

Awh thanks hun i really appreciate it. My ww leader said the sae she just told me don't be thinking of it as "omg i've almost 12st to lose" she said think of smaller number like 1-2 and make 1-2lbs my goal each week and if i lost 2lbs a week with 50 weeks left in 2013 i'd lose 100lb or just over 7st so when i started thinking og it as in 1-2lbs per week i felt better cos it feels more manageable. :)

Don't be disheartened. I was 25.10 when I got pregnant, 27.4 when I went to deliver my baby girl (not a bad gain for 9 months pregnant) but didn't start Slimming World til my baby was 15 months old and thought that I would be close to my pre-pregnancy weight but I was actually 1/2lb lighter than when I went to deliver her. I was gutted but more determined!

At least you know now and you are doing something about it. I averaged for the year that I have lost just over 1.5lbs a week and that is the best average weight loss if you are looking to lose the weight and keep it off.

Good luck and can't wait to hear how you get on at your first weigh in.

I was 24.5st when I fell pg with number 4. I have no idea what I gained but I'm guessing I went up about the same as you. I joined when baby was 14 weeks old at 22st12 (I'd worked my butt off post pg). So my stats say 8st 9.5 loss but its more like 12 st. When I hear that out loud I feel so proud of myself and you should be too, what you are achieving is so inspiring and you're changing your life.

Awh thanks hun i really appreciate it. My ww leader said the sae she just told me don't be thinking of it as "omg i've almost 12st to lose" she said think of smaller number like 1-2 and make 1-2lbs my goal each week and if i lost 2lbs a week with 50 weeks left in 2013 i'd lose 100lb or just over 7st so when i started thinking og it as in 1-2lbs per week i felt better cos it feels more manageable. :)

My loss has been slow 1.2lb weekly average over 2 years. But it's staying off. Take it a week at a time and think in 1/2st awards. X

Awh thanks for all the support girls. I'm happy to report a 7lbs loss for week 1. Hoping for 2lbd next week so fingers crossed xXx

Well done you!!! What a fab start! I lost 7.5lbs but I was much heavier than you so you have done really well. Good luck for your second week :) xx

Just wanted to weigh in (so to speak) on this I joined 2 weeks ago and weighed 25st7lbs. I lost 8.5lbs my first week but I know it will be a long hard slog but like you guys I need to look at 2013 as my year to change my life. I really would like to be less than 20st by xmas, in fact no I wouldn't like to be, I WILL be under 20st by xmas and any hints, tips, support or otherwise would be greatly appreciated xxx

Just wanted to weigh in (so to speak) on this I joined 2 weeks ago and weighed 25st7lbs. I lost 8.5lbs my first week but I know it will be a long hard slog but like you guys I need to look at 2013 as my year to change my life. I really would like to be less than 20st by xmas, in fact no I wouldn't like to be, I WILL be under 20st by xmas and any hints, tips, support or otherwise would be greatly appreciated xxx

Hiya! As you can see I started 2012 at 27st3.5 and ended my first year with SW at 21stone5.5 (2.5lb gain over xmas) and I am now 21st3.5lbs as of last week so I got my 6 stone award back that I actually reached the Monday before xmas.

Me and my sister started at the same time. She has lost 4.5 stone and is 19lbs from her target weight (and healthy bmi) and my other sister who started it half way through the year is 1.5 stone lighter.

All I can tell you is it is well worth the slog. Buy the magazine, buy some books and log online to get new recipe ideas. Also I suggest that you stay to group as often as possible. I probably missed 6 meetings in 1 year and 2 of those were due to being on holiday.

Hiya! As you can see I started 2012 at 27st3.5 and ended my first year with SW at 21stone5.5 (2.5lb gain over xmas) and I am now 21st3.5lbs as of last week so I got my 6 stone award back that I actually reached the Monday before xmas.

Me and my sister started at the same time. She has lost 4.5 stone and is 19lbs from her target weight (and healthy bmi) and my other sister who started it half way through the year is 1.5 stone lighter.

All I can tell you is it is well worth the slog. Buy the magazine, buy some books and log online to get new recipe ideas. Also I suggest that you stay to group as often as possible. I probably missed 6 meetings in 1 year and 2 of those were due to being on holiday.

You have done so well!!! Such s huge achievement! Can I ask how many dress sizes you have have lost? I have a huge amount still to lose & I can't wait to be in smaller clothes :)

Well done! Keep up the great work x

I have lost another 2lbs this week. Hoping to lose 2lb a week average and be 7 stone lighter by my 32nd Birthday :)

You have done so well!!! Such s huge achievement! Can I ask how many dress sizes you have have lost? I have a huge amount still to lose & I can't wait to be in smaller clothes :)

Well done! Keep up the great work x

I was wearing size 28 trousers and size 26/28 tops. I am now wearing size 20/22 trousers (depending on where I get them from) and size 18/20 tops. I found it took around 2 stone really until I noticed a change but I tend to drop a size after 1.5-2 stone x

That's fantastic! You're going to be 20 stone something next week! And then.... eeekkk.... back into the 'teens' ... keep up the sterling work, it'll all pay off in the end.

Omg that's awesome, I can't wait till I can shop in 'normal' shops and actually shop for clothes I like as to opposed to just clothes that are comfy . I really want to wear jeans again! The other half has just had to put another notch on his belt as he thinks he's lost weight but as he refuses to weigh himself we don't know but it's kind of annoying if he's noticing it and I'm not :(

I have lost another 2lbs this week. Hoping to lose 2lb a week average and be 7 stone lighter by my 32nd Birthday :)

I was wearing size 28 trousers and size 26/28 tops. I am now wearing size 20/22 trousers (depending on where I get them from) and size 18/20 tops. I found it took around 2 stone really until I noticed a change but I tend to drop a size after 1.5-2 stone x

Wow congrats hun thats brilliant. I lost 2lbs this week too xXx

Hi there Lisa here to follow your journey you are doing fab. I joined a SW meeting last night weighing in at 21st.
Here to support xx

Well done on your loss this week! That's fab! :)

That's a brilliant change in sizes! I think you're right. It does take a few stone off to notice a difference. That's why I need to persevere. In the past because I can't tell a difference in my size even when I've been 100% for weeks and weeks I get disheartened and give up! But you just go to prove its soooo worth sticking to it :) x

You're doing absolutely amazing! I joined on 5th November 2012 and have lost 35 pounds/2 and a half stone so far with slimming world. I couldn't praise it enough it's the perfect 'diet' for me! I started at 20st 4lbs and now weigh 17st 11lbs, when you say the two they seem so far apart! You have lost 6 stones WOW that's amazing! It's always a brilliant feeling when you break down into the next stone or when you lose yet another stone! Keep us updated with pictures too! xx

Back