Newbie just leaving the 26 stone zone...need some buddies to keep me going :)

GretaGrip said:
Well that is better than a gain or a STS!

Do you write down everything you eat? I still do this, just so I can work out what is working and what I can eat without a gain.

Maybe for this week look at your carb intake? That is usually the cause of weight gain or slow loss on SW - I know my view point is not popular on the SW boards but it does kinda stand to reason that too much bread/pasta/rice etc is calorific and will not help matters.

The soup sounds fab though - great for weight loss

Carbs don't have to be limited on sw unless a person has an intolerance-people have successfully lost and stayed at target following the green plan.

Oh I know that welshtigger HOWEVER it stands to reason that no food is 'free' and without a calorie value doesn't it?

So, just say for example that you have no 'off' switch when it comes to eating pasta. And here you are, on an eating plan that tells you it is a 'free' food and you can eat it until you feel 'satisfied'. I should imagine that it's fairly easy pips to shovel down more pasta in one sitting than I eat in 6 months.

In my [ personal and no doubt unpopular ] opinion the way forward is to completely cut out white carbs. I am not a believer in a completely low carb diet - moderation in all areas - but white carbs have nothing going for them.

I've successfully dropped my weight to 9 stone and along the way did a load of reading and studying so feel able to help and advise others on their journey now, in a small way. And I stand by what I said ... eat a load of carbs because SW say you can and your weightloss will stall. Eventually.

Lisa - writing stuff down really helps. As does scribbling down a few positives every day. Although I chose not to write down the chocolate cheesecake i had this weekend :D

Well I am having loads of fun this week. I have decided to limit white carbs just as they are my weakness. I can easily eat 2-3-4 portions of pasta and rice if I don't limit myself. As my consultant said "we say free but we also say eat what you need. The biggest gift you can give yourself is knowing when you are full and when you are simply eating because you like it". I have "powered" my way through so many meals simply because the food is too tasty to waste. I am an overeater and not ashamed to recognise that now.

I have started having weetabix for breakfast and I am absolutely loving it! Not had it since I was a kid. Adding fruit and yoghurt so it fits into the extra easy plan without taking away my milk for my coffees in the day haha.

I also made myself a big pan full of curried parsnip soup last night. Absolutely gorgeous!! I would usually have a bowl of this with slices of bread but I am going to make some potato skins to dip in. The soup is very filling though.

Thanks so much for your input Getagrip (sorry I don't know your name) as it is proving very helpful to me. :) x

Oh you're very welcome.

The carbs thing... good on you for recognising this. I eat no white carbs at all < although obviously would as a meal out treat or something > and stick to 'wholemeal' carbs. And even then, I'd only eat them once a day. It is really easy to eat loads , even as part of a healthy eating plan.. It's 'normal' to have , for example, a day like this...

Breakfast - 2 x shredded wheat

Lunch - Sandwich with ham and salad

Dinner - Pasta in tomato sauce

Snack - 3 Ryvitas and a cereal bar. Banana....

So, you'd look at that sample day of eating and think ' oh that's pretty good ... ' but on closer examination, it's a carb fest from start to finish. And this is exactly why people see STS or losses of a 1lb or 2 here and there. Throw in the ' free food pasta and rice ' thing and that's it.... even more carbs.

Far better would be ...

Breakfast - omelette with cheese and ham OR porridge with berries.

Lunch - wholemeal pittas with hummus and veg or salad

Dinner - chicken with loads of veg. If you need potatoes, then sweet potato wedges or butternut squash wedges.

No snacks if you can manage it but if you can't , then berries are good or a couple of oatcakes with low fat cream cheese. Or a bowl of live yogurt. [ not muller light! they are s hit. Far better is plain yogurt and whizz some berries into it ]

Eat like that and the lbs drop off. Because you've cut out white carbs and have made just the one meal a day < lunch > a carb meal. This was one of the revelations that I had and it really works AND fits in with the SW ethos [ although it ignores their mad 'free food' thing. ] Weighing out things like pasta helps too... although again, SW says you don't need to. If you;re having slow losses... it makes sense to do just that?

Anyway, I'll shut up now - come on girl... keep going! Soup is a GREAT thing to eat.

Hey guys,

I'm currently following the celebrity slim diet, using a mix of celebrity slim and slimmm shakes. I've been on it for a little while now, and my starting weight was almost 24 stone. I lost 3 stone and then hurt my back, and during my recovery time I managed to put back on 9lbs!!! :( I ate a lot of pizza and ice cream because I was feeling sorry for myself, but I'm back at it now, and am hoping for a decent loss this week.
I'm setting myself mini goals, so if I can hit 21 stone 10lbs this week I'll be happy! I'm realistic and know it will take time, especially since I have pcos and a low thyroid.
On the plus side...I had my gall bladder removed almost 2 years ago, and a lot of solid foods can upset my stomach, especially fatty foods like sausages, so a liquid diet really works for me! Much less tummy rumbles! The shakes taste good too, mostly..
Down side...you pee a lot, lol, and it can be expensive, although the tesco ultraslim are of a similiar carb content, etc so I'll give them a whirl when my supply runs low!

x

Do you take water retention tablets at all? Might help for a few days before weigh in.

You're really going for it - an inspiration !

Do you take water retention tablets at all? Might help for a few days before weigh in.

You're really going for it - an inspiration !

Thank you.

I have tried them but to be honest can't find any that work well. I can put up with a gain/maintain knowing that star week is to blame...it'll show for me the week after xx

wow!!! you have done so well!

im just starting (again) and you have spurred me on :) well done you!!

Some photo updates for you taken this weekend.

Two from last December...
Dec2011.jpgDec252011.JPG

And 2 from this weekend (01/12/12) 1lb from my 6 stone loss target...
IMG-20121201-01501.jpgIMG-20121201-01505.jpg

So proud of myself :)

Wow! You're doing brilliantly well. Massive difference in those pics - you must be starting to feel a difference in yourself now?

Just think - your Christmas present to yourself next year is going to be slimness!!!

Wow! You're doing brilliantly well. Massive difference in those pics - you must be starting to feel a difference in yourself now?

Just think - your Christmas present to yourself next year is going to be slimness!!!

I am feeling fab. I was wearing a size 28 in those pics and I went to New Look with my mum so she could buy me some clothes for xmas and I slipped into a size 20 jeans!! Tops I am having to buy 18/20 so I am looking so much better and feeling amazing! Starting 2012 over 6 stone lighter is no longer a dream :) xx

what a difference!!! You look amazing! well done hun

Back